Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    it basically is.
    so you have posted a propaganda video thats sole purpose is getting money for a legal defense and then gone 'hey guys here is the truth'.

and you dont people are going to employ any critical thinking skills and see how competely partisan it is, and how completely partisan you are?

2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests
    :/

https://apnews.com/28a283922de8784f6fca5c42fe8e5bca

it basically is.
    So, you are trying to fundraise for a suspected murderer?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    We'll see if the shooters are charges with Wanton endangerment when they are caught.

1) This is bad
    2) ACAB
    3) This wouldnt have happened if point 2 wasnt true (i'm not talking about the shooting per say, but the protests)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    so you have posted a propaganda video thats sole purpose is getting money for a legal defense and then gone 'hey guys here is the truth'.

and you dont people are going to employ any critical thinking skills and see how competely partisan it is, and how completely partisan you are?
    Well the video is propaganda, yes. But basically everything created today is propaganda in some way. Literally every issue today is boiled down to "is this a leftwing issue, or a right wing issue, and should my tribe support it?" I didn't post it for the propaganda part of it. I posted it for the people showing up with guns part, the people starting fires part, the further discussion about the first shooting victim part, and the possible discussion about Kyle maybe having an argument for acting in self defense. But, that discussion can't happen because this forum has decided as a monolith that the kid is guilty and any other evidence to the contrary is "propaganda".

I don't know if the kid is guilty or not, all I know is I like to see all of the evidence I can before I make my judgements. Should he have been there at all? Probably not. Should he have had a gun? Also probably not. Should any of those other people had guns in such a tense situation? Probably not. I'd have been a lot happier if we had been able to have civil discourse about shit before discussion was completely taken off the table. Does the police need to be reformed? Fuck yes. But then so does every other government institution in this country. My favorite is the prison system, and its being used as a surrogate for mental hospitals.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Tell me why I should give a damn.

Apparently shooting walls is more important than the life of a woman who wasn't involved in any way. Keep in mind the suspect was already in custody.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Tell me why I should give a damn.
    Empathy is a basic emotion most humans have that is unless ideology has fully consumed you

Empathy is a basic emotion most humans have that is unless ideology has fully consumed you
    Empathy? I have empathy for Taylor, I have empathy for every black and latino person. I have empathy for that, and I have genuine fear in certain areas of this country.

So tell me why should I give a damn?

Should the Jews have been concerned when a nazi died? Fuck no. Tell me why I should care about a system that kills people like me and when wrong doing is clear get away with it.

Tell me why I should give a single fuck. I'm more concerned about lawlessness,and no accountability for deaths of citizens and the crazy protection cops gets when they KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE So yeah.... tell me why the fuck should I give a single damn?

some not affect person from non-affect group preaching to others what they should and shouldn't do... like their opinions are worth something. You're the type of person that sat on the sidelines while abolitionist were out there fighting and getting lynched while you would sit by the side saying how slavery is such a crime but the abolitionist are too radical.

Do you know what that is worth? Bupkis.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-24 at 03:44 AM.

bit rich coming from the proud terf

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    bit rich coming from the proud terf
    He's a terf? ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Empathy? I have empathy for Taylor, I have empathy for every black and latino person. I have empathy for that, and I have genuine fear in certain areas of this country.

So tell me why should I give a damn?

Should the Jews have been concerned when a nazi died? Fuck no. Tell me why I should care about a system that kills people like me and when wrong doing is clear get away with it.

Tell me why I should give a single fuck. I'm more concerned about lawlessness,and no accountability for deaths of citizens and the crazy protection cops gets when they KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE So yeah.... tell me why the fuck should I give a single damn?

some not affect person from non-affect group preaching to others what they should and shouldn't do... like their opinions are worth something. You're the type of person that sat on the sidelines while abolitionist were out there fighting and getting lynched while you would sit by the side saying how slavery is such a crime but the abolitionist are too radical.

Do you know what that is worth? Bupkis.
    You dont have to pull a blue lives matter flag or whatever but I dont think its a stretch to say that people being shot is a tragedy regardless of who it happens to. The moment certain people are excluded from that feeling that is when I think ideology is consuming you dude

uh no, the ones who think the protests are all peaceful and eat the media's narrative up with a knife and fork are.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the same video that shows a convicted sex offender peacefully charging after a minor
    /facepalm

no one knew his criminal record, so that fact is udderly useless and irrelevant.
    second no one knew this guy was a minor. Technically also irrelevant since he was armed legally so minor status did not matter.
    third you left out "charging after a minor who just shot someone".
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you are trying to fundraise for a suspected murderer?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see if the shooters are charges with Wanton endangerment when they are caught.
    They’ll be charged with first degree attempted murder of law enforcement officers and hopefully given life in prison without the possibility of parole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yeah, this and previous instances of police lying about attempts on their life means we should probably wait for more evidence until we start assuming someone was shooting cops deliberately.

Anyone feel like Shake Shack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, this and previous instances of police lying about attempts on their life means we should probably wait for more evidence until we start assuming someone was shooting cops deliberately.

Anyone feel like Shake Shack?
    Large Chocolate Shake with a faux concrete mix in?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Large Chocolate Shake with a faux concrete mix in?
    Ah, the Andy Ngo special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Dude how many times can they possibly fuck this up? We just need cops to be brought... to... justice...

Srsy, not even charging the one guy they DID charge with anything remotely associated with the shooting of her is possibly even more fucked up than not charging any of them with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They’ll be charged with first degree attempted murder of law enforcement officers and hopefully given life in prison without the possibility of parole.
    The actual fuck? are you high? Attempted murder doesnt get you life in prison, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    /facepalm

no one knew his criminal record, so that fact is udderly useless and irrelevant.
    second no one knew this guy was a minor. Technically also irrelevant since he was armed legally so minor status did not matter.
    third you left out "charging after a minor who just shot someone".
    I 100% agree, in that situation, no one knew anything about anyone else's past.

I was talking about the first guy, in the red shirt. He was charging after Rittenhouse, for a reason we will never know. The video implies that it was because Rittenhouse was dressed similarly to an individual the red shirt guy had a disagreement with earlier in the night. That very well may be it. We apply labels to people after the fact. I don't see red shirt guy as a hero, for sure. I also don't see Rittenhouse as a hero, unlike most of the idiots in comment sections to youtube videos, including the comment section to this video. Everyone in this situation shouldn't have been in the situation to begin with.

So, let's pretend this is an alternate universe, and Rittenhouse didn't shoot anyone. Did the group of people ahead of Rittenhouse and red shirt guy just want to have a polite conversation with Rittenhouse? Or did they have other things planned? I don't really think so. They may not have killed Rittenhouse, but they probably would have at the very least relieved him of his firearm. Would they have beaten him? Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When you eliminate the context that the man with said rifle just murdered someone in the street, yeah. You completely change the context, and the situation looks super different.

Same way that a guy having sex with a girl for hours takes on a completely different look when you learn that he'd kidnapped her and she was fighting him the whole time he raped her.

It doesn't mean you have an argument. It means you're willfully and deliberately misrepresenting the situation, to provide justification and excuses to a murderer. That's why you're playing this game by ignoring context; it's a dishonest attempt at disinformation to confuse the issue and, in the process, reveals that you agree with the actions of this murderer.

Trying to tackle Rittenhouse while unarmed, after he'd shot Rosenbaum, that wasn't "stupid". The word you're looking for is "brave".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sure, those of us who want the guy who murdered two people to face justice are the "bloodthirsty" ones, not those defending his killings as somehow magically justifiable despite no law remotely covering Rittenhouse's actions.

You are the one standing up for and supporting active bloodshed. Not us.
    Ah yes, like you are eliminating the fact that he was running away from Rosenbaum ? Who is eliminating the context again ?

And before you say anything, poorly handling his gun =/= poiting his gun at people unless clearly stated like that.