Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Unfortunately, it will just be a case of everyone following Turalyon because he's an old and wise Alliance hero. Plus they will DEFINITELY make the lightforged his personal hit squad. I dislike the idea wholely.
    Greymane and Mekkatorque are the only leaders (in the Alliance) that were in power during Turalyon's glory days.

To be the next Garrosh means more than supporting war. It means taking advantage of and sacrificing your allies for personal gain. There's no Alliance leader I can see being blinded enough by the "old and wise Alliance hero" aura to overlook that, especially Velen and Tyrande.

Alliance players already cry about everything, so I don't see Blizzard causing that kind of uproar by hitting them with the villain bat.

Stopping in just to say Rumor Tumor is the best nickname for anything ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So apparently he's the new leader of the Alliance. In 8.3 we got this goodie from the Rumor Tumor:

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

Could Turalyon be the next Garrosh by forcing the Light on everyone?
    Wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first. Not to bitch to much about lore but it certainly feels that the Horde are the catalyst for more bad in Azeroth than good. Arthas is about one of the few Alliance members I can recall that got corrupted. What I find funny is when you read things like Tolkien, Men are usually the most easily corruptible of all races. I understand this isn't LOTR but come on, the Horde can't be conflict starters all the time or even most of the time.

On a side note, Garrosh should have never been a villian in Warcraft lore. The last remaining Hellscream, a family marred by corruption, he was the opportunity to do right and be better than Grom. I love Grom and what they did to Garrosh was a huge disservice to WoW lore. The Hellscreams are iconic and whoever wrote Mists took a giant shit on their legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Didn't they kind of do that with the Naaru (forgot the name of it) and Illadin back on Argus?
    Eh, I wouldn't categorize the Naaru as part of the Alliance. Just as Turalyon was (still is?) their bitch at the time.

It showed the darker side of the Light, that's for sure. But it definitely has been a while since we had to seriously morally question the actions of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Greymane and Mekkatorque are the only leaders (in the Alliance) that were in power during Turalyon's glory days.

To be the next Garrosh means more than supporting war. It means taking advantage of and sacrificing your allies for personal gain. There's no Alliance leader I can see being blinded enough by the "old and wise Alliance hero" aura to overlook that, especially Velen and Tyrande.
    While I definitely agree with you, I don't put it behind Blizzard to character assassinate some of them to make this happen.

Turalyon and his crazy wife are good candidates to be the next big bads
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    While I definitely agree with you, I don't put it behind Blizzard to character assassinate some of them to make this happen.
    Maybe, but he wouldn't be the next Garrosh if he had the Alliance's support. He'd just be a warmongering zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Never going to happen, the Alliance is the good faction. They are physically unable to do anything evil or take initiative to stop things before they happen. The Alliance can only react while the Horde keeps getting hit with the dumb ass villain bat. At this point, the Horde has terminal brain damage.
    The exception being the Night Elves. But Blizzard refuses to make them embrace their savage nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Expanding on the fact that the light resorts to creating crazed zealots and is potentially an evil hiding underneath a hero's veil could be a really interesting concept if done right. That's a big if though
    Oh absolutely! I'd just rather see them stick with the seeds they've already planted (Yrel) than randomly turning Turalyon into a prick.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Absurd.. The light would never corrupt a nice person and turn them into a blood thirsty zealot.... OH wait yeah Yrel.

Blizz is setting the light up to be the Inquisition where if you aint light bound you are the enemy and must be purged ALA the Spanish Inquisition.

I honestly expect his elf wife to part ways soon cause she the antithesis of what is is clearly becoming after thousands of years of light indoctrination!
    Last edited by Mutley29; 2020-09-24 at 08:40 AM.

Doesn't Turalyon still hate the horde more than anything else? I could've misunderstood it, but I'm pretty sure that this is still the case...
    He's lived quite a long time (due to being in the nether) and people that lived long and have seen many things tend to be more likely to not accept that someone (the horde) has changed or can change at all.
    Although he hasn't the power of the lightmother anymore he's still all about the light. Imo it could really happen that he want's to purge the horde and all non-believer alliance people that don't want to do whatever the "light" wants.

If i remember right the Naaru have somekind of cycle between void and light. When one cycles comes to an end they change "polarity". Light ones become void and void ones turn light

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard don't like to make the main Alliance cast out to be the villains, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well didn't Turalyon kind of shackle a guy down with holy magic while his wife tortured him?

Also he served the Rapey Windchime in legion and was angry illidan didn't want to have his free will taken away :S
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2020-09-24 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Would be an interesting plot twist but personally I think its kinda shitty. We spent almost a decade wondering what happened to him and Alleria, so I hate the idea of finding them only for them to turn into 'muhahahaha!' villains.

Besides, they already did this with Yrel. Make her the tyrant of the Light that finds a way to our Azeroth.
    Precisely. They're not killing off Alleria and Turalyon after such a long wait to have them back in the storyline. They're also fairly popular characters. Alleria is quite controversial but regardless very well-known, and Turalyon is one of the most iconic paladins in the franchise.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Expanding on the fact that the light resorts to creating crazed zealots and is potentially an evil hiding underneath a hero's veil could be a really interesting concept if done right. That's a big if though
    I still don't think Yrel is a villian. She had to watch her people genocided by a group that then got off scot free for their actions thanks to Gul'dans little short lived take over... Or if that's villany, sign me up.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Alleria will whisper in Turalyon's ears to reclaim Quel'Thalas and expell the Horde from the Eastern Kingdoms.

My void elf is ready.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

I hope so purely so that we have an Alliance villain that fans can't justify away for once.

Ah who am I kidding? People will justify Turalyon going tyrant too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The Alliance does not have a leader. Turalyon was appointed as regent of Stormwind in Anduin's absence. It is impossible for him to abuse the same authority Garrosh did because he simply does not have it.

So, no. He's not the next Garrosh.
    Actually, he is Highking, Commander of the Alliance Forces aswell as Warden of the Throne/Regent of Stormwind - so he is basically the Alliance's Warchief lol.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2020-09-24 at 09:53 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE