Thread: Boycott the Maw

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Boycott the Maw

With the recent changes and new RNG / currency systems, I’m afraid we as a community need to boycott the MAW so they get the message, we wont play the way you want us to play, but that is a commitment from casual to top end players and all realms.

This should be proposed from top players and streamers, if no one enters they will notice that 100% guaranted.

I will gladly enter and play it.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    With the recent changes and new RNG / currency systems, I’m afraid we as a community need to boycott the MAW so they get the message, we wont play the way you want us to play, but that is a commitment from casual to top end players and all realms.

This should be proposed from top players and streamers, if no one enters they will notice that 100% guaranted.
    Settle down there kiddo.

You know the "rng" is not how you are suppose to upgrade conduits. The ranks are tied to ilvl which goes up with key level anraid difficulty.

The "rng" is a catchup/stygian dump along side sockets.

Read shit for the love of god.

I already boycott it for other reason. Because it's almost mandatory content for covenant progression and due to some reasons it have to be hardcore. I mean all that "It will be so hardcore, that even ground mount will be disabled there, so you won't be able to skip our super-important hard mobs via riding past them" crap. Blizzard don't learn any lessons. Hardcore content with soft timers - is BAD game design. Visions have clearly shown that. Yet they do it again.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why are people complaining about the Maw now? The whining jumps from topic to topic each day so it is hard to keep track.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I already boycott it for other reason. Because it's almost mandatory content for covenant progression and due to some reasons it have to be hardcore. I mean all that "It will be so hardcore, that even ground mount will be disabled there, so you won't be able to skip our super-important hard mobs via riding past them" crap. Blizzard don't learn any lessons. Hardcore content with soft timers - is BAD game design. Visions have clearly shown that. Yet they do it again.
    There is no timer for the required 15 souls saved once a week for the covenant. If your farming rares and doing objectives the bar fills faster. You will get no where close to any "timer" going in there for the 30 minutes a week.

Different story if you want the sockets.

I think i'll boycott this forum for some time if i have to read any more shit like that.

Honestly, i just wish we could all agree to boycott obvious bait threads. But we cant, its like staring at a car wreck - we just cant look away.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I think i'll boycott this forum for some time if i have to read any more shit like that.
    I second that.

Visions were great content, especially if you did it all solo. Just because you sucked at them and didn't understand how they work, it doesn't mean that it's bad game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine having so little real life issues that influence you that you feel you need to boycott a virtual area in a videogame.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not hardcore at all. There being an option to perform better and get more stuff doesn't make it hardcore, you could literally smash your face on your keyboard and finish the minimum required stuff in Maw which quite frankly is likely all you'd get no matter what.

-Insert simpsons skinner meme here-

Dear Diary,
    Today I told wow players to stop doing a thing that helps player power because I'm too lazy to do it. Maybe just maybe they'll listen to me and wow will be the wonderland I invision it to be.

All I can say is enjoy being rejected from every raid you want to do and every M+ you want to do because you will not be on par with even the most basic person because you did not want to do a little work to progress your character. If a bit of progression is evil then sign me up for the Sith lord rank class.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Here is how you pug: you open the raid yourself with extreme demands: curve nathria, ilvl 225+, and kick everybody who is bad-mouthing you. has worked since emerald nightmare for me, curve by week 2 at the latest.

I agree we should boycott the Maw.

I have been there and its like hell and my toon certainly doesnt want to be sent there again its a crummy place full of tormented souls and is literally the wows version of hell. So please dont ever send my toon there again he doesnt deserve it.

Torghast on the other hand seems like fun.

You don't need to boycott anything.

These systems have this wonderful way of naturally creating a boycott when they burn people out on doing the same boring activities day in and day out.

The game being wide open for exploration and doing something new every day is what kept it exciting and allowed it to grow into the social game they've for some reason spent the last 10 years trying to destroy at every turn with MAU metrics and endless daily grinds. Some people love it. Some people are tired of watching their friends all burn out and quit in the first 4 months of an expansion. Whatever the camp you stay in, it's pretty well known that the start-of-expansion playerbase falls off and doesn't recover after these systems show their ugly head.

Probably not the best idea to drop this in after the disaster that BFA clearly was.

10+ Year Old Account
    OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYBOHBOY

the next hivemind circlejerk complainerweenery topic is HEEEEREEE

YESSSSS finally my OUTRAGE can be channeled
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2020-09-24 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    You don't need to boycott anything.

These systems have this wonderful way of naturally creating a boycott when they burn people out on doing the same boring activities day in and day out.

The game being wide open for exploration and doing something new every day is what kept it exciting and allowed it to grow into the social game they've for some reason spent the last 10 years trying to destroy at every turn with MAU metrics and endless daily grinds. Some people love it. Some people are tired of watching their friends all burn out and quit in the first 4 months of an expansion. Whatever the camp you stay in, it's pretty well known that the start-of-expansion playerbase falls off and doesn't recover after these systems show their ugly head.

Probably not the best idea to drop this in after the disaster that BFA clearly was.
    Except you and the op are wrong while you are having your little temper tantrums. Clearly you need to learn how to read/know how the system actually works.

Normal raid- drops normal ilvl conduit
    Heroic raid- drops heroic ilvl conduit

Ranks are tied to ilvl. This is a stygian dump.

Holy christ people can't read at all this xpac. Adding and removing words, moving words around to fit their little freak out sessions.