Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    I mean. There is mechagnomes. Those were added dispite the constant requests for Sethrak. Some people do like them though
    I wasn't saying that Blizzard is going to cater to everyone's wishes. I don't think "lobbying" works, and I don't think Blizzard makes their choices based on popular demand. If it did, we would have had things like ogres and ethereals and high elves over a decade ago.

But I do think that they care on a general level about what people are interested in, because they don't want to make content no one touches, and it is in that limited capacity that player feedback on allied races is taken into consideration. If people like something, they should say so, if they don't like something, they should also say so. I think that information may be relevant to Blizzard when they are throwing around ideas, but it's not going to be the primary determinant.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I wasn't saying that Blizzard is going to cater to everyone's wishes. I don't think "lobbying" works, and I don't think Blizzard makes their choices based on popular demand. If it did, we would have had things like ogres and ethereals and high elves over a decade ago.

But I do think that they care on a general level about what people are interested in, because they don't want to make content no one touches, and it is in that limited capacity that player feedback on allied races is taken into consideration. If people like something, they should say so, if they don't like something, they should also say so. I think that information may be relevant to Blizzard when they are throwing around ideas, but it's not going to be the primary determinant.
    Ah. My bad. That actually sounds quite accurate to what they probably do.

I don't think Blizzard had time to adjust their plans. If they did, we never would have gotten Mechagnomes with as much backlash as they produced. I think the current set of ARs were all decided before players knew anything about them. Some of them were things Blizzard was banking on being popular (Vulpera) some of them were based on things people asked for in the past (Dark Irons, Zandalari etc.) but by the time people knew ARs were going to be a thing the picks were already made.

Races like Sethrak were never considered. At best, maybe they will be if Blizz ever does more ARs in the future.

Between allied races and SL customizations I've gotten almost everything I could have ever dreamed of.

EXCEPT SQUINTY EYED NIGHTBORNE, BLIZZARD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    High Elves are never gonna happen (At least for me I specifically wanted to play a High Elf Paladin...Void Elf Paladin would make no sense and wont happen)
    You just need to play horde to get that.
    High elves have all been renamed blood elves during war3 events after the destruction of their land by the scourge.
    Unless you meant alliance blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    You just need to play horde to get that.
    High elves have all been renamed blood elves during war3 events after the destruction of their land by the scourge.
    Unless you meant alliance blood elves.
    High Elves aren't on the Horde....sorry I don't want to play a band of murders who blindly do what they're told.

Blood Elves are Blood Elves and are on the Horde...High Elves are aligned with the Alliance. I see you follow Ion (obviously) wrong words just like the Horde followed Sylvanas'...I'm sorry. Maybe some day you'll....probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    High Elves aren't on the Horde....sorry I don't want to play a band of murders who blindly do what they're told.

Blood Elves are Blood Elves and are on the Horde...High Elves are aligned with the Alliance. I see you follow Ion (obviously) wrong words just like the Horde followed Sylvanas'...I'm sorry. Maybe some day you'll....probably not.
    High elves have all been renamed blood elves after the destruction of Sylvermoon in war3. That was before the tentative of genocide against them from the alliance in FT and so, way before them joining the horde.
    High elves do not exist anymore. At best some weirdo who does not care about the invasion of the scourge, the destruction of their land, and the extermination of his own people might be calling himself like that. But he would just be a blood elve weirdo calling himself an high elve.
    You want to play alliance blood elves.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-09-28 at 05:33 PM.

The original implementation of Vulpera wasn't a functional player race and couldn't properly equip gear. Either Blizzard listened to player demand or their philosophy changed somewhere along the way since we ended up getting them as an allied race, but I don't think they were originally meant to be.

That said, the most highly requested race since forever has definitely been the High Elves and Blizzard has put a nail in that coffin with the implementation of Blood Elf customization for Void Elves. I just hope Void Elves never gain access to Paladins, but I doubt we'll be that lucky.

Naga is another race that has been requested for ages and the naysayers always cite the trouble with showing equipped gear as a reason they won't be implemented. But diaper gnomes aka Mechagnomes show pretty clearly that being able to show every piece of armor isn't a necessity, and I'm sure they could figure out mounting as well.

But if there ever was an opportunity to implement a Naga allied race, Blizzard would've laid the ground for it in Nazjatar. Given that they didn't, I very much doubt they'll be a playable race anytime soon if at all, despite their popularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I strongly believe Mechagnomes and Vulpera were added to the list of allied races long after the other 8 races had been approved.

I still really want the Sethrak race. Not sure what the Horde could get in exchange though. Gelbin are kinda boring in comparison. Undead Elves?