Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowlands Beta - Adding Sockets to Gear, Super Squirt Day (EU), DLC #743

Shadowlands Beta - Upgrading Conduits and Adding Sockets to Gear
    The latest Shadowlands beta update has added two new items to Ve'nari, the broker vendor tied to the Maw. Currency called Stygia is gathered by doing activities in the Maw and used to purchase items from Ve'nari provided you have the necessary reputation with her. It was discovered in the past that Conduits would have 14 ranks, but this new Manifest Aethershunt now confirms how to increase Conduit ranks. These additions make the Maw a much more worthwhile daily activity than it was prior to this update.

• Spatial Realignment Apparatus - Costs 2500 Stygia. Add a socket to a Shadowlands item that does not already have one. Can be used on Helms, Necks, Bracers, Belts, or Rings.
    • Manifest Aethershunt - Costs 500 Stygia. Add a Conduit you do not have to your collection, or upgrade an existing Conduit by one rank. The upgraded Conduit will be selected randomly from your lowest-rank Conduits.

Super Squirt Day (EU)
    Squirt the Wandering Trainer is up today in the Garrison on EU realms! The Pet Battle Bonus Event is also active this week, which means you can level pets very fast. If you have the Safari Hat or a Lesser Pet Treat then you can use the strategy below to level pets from 1 to 25 in just 3 minutes. Alternatively, you can use other setups highlighted on Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies.

Pets:

Strategy:

Dark Legacy Comics #743
    DLC #743 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-09-24 at 07:57 AM.

If you are in the EU, you should take advantage of this now as when the pre-patch hits, major nerfs will be coming to tons of battle pet abilities and many of these strats will flat out not work any more. Get it while you still can. For those of us in the US, it's already too late. There won't be another Super Squirt Day until after the expac launches.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is... awesome!

I was afraid that there was no forever taking grind in SL.

So before people get their panties in a notch. They have added a grind that is optional and is there to prevent possible bad luck. People have been asking for something similar to the MoP upgrade system when gear didnt have random affixes (like it will be in SL) and they got it. Instead of ilvls on gear you now get to insert sockets. As for the conduits you dont have to do this grind if you do not want to. Most classes will only have a handful of useful conduits anyway and you can target grind them anyway. The conduits that are most important for you will probably always be at a higher rank anyway so this is just here to fill out your conduit collection in case you get unlucky or in case you need conduits from PvP for example and dont want to dabble in pvp (or PvE for PvPers). This is an excellent addition but I cannot wait for people to start crying about this one as well.

omg...the maw is worse than island expeditions..endless grind in a boring place. gg blizzard. thats what we all wanted!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    that's neat. Getting a socket as a roll will be a nice bonus, yet not getting one will just mean I know I can work towards getting one anyway.

How many currencies does SL have now on release? It's ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLcm View Post
    omg...the maw is worse than island expeditions..endless grind in a boring place. gg blizzard. thats what we all wanted!
    Well it only took one comment folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random upgrading conduits? What the hell are they thinking? How long am I going to wait till I can upgrade *the* conduit of my choice? Considering there will be shitload of them... I hope they change their minds about this, cause this is madness.

Thank god they added this. Their game was actually looking like it was playable by human beings with jobs for a change.

Y'all know that you have only a specific amount of time available in the maw per day, yeah? There is no endless grinds, as you simply can't grind endlessly.
    In addition, those conduit upgrade thingy is just a help. Just farm your desired conduit at high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Y'all know that you have only a specific amount of time available in the maw per day, yeah? There is no endless grinds, as you simply can't grind endlessly.
    In addition, those conduit upgrade thingy is just a help. Just farm your desired conduit at high level.
    Shhhhh dont tell em that. The general consensus is that we must hate absolutely everything blizzard does no matter if its positive or not.

Y'all know that you have only a specific amount of time available in the maw per day, yeah?
    Ahh yes, because adding a time limit to daily activities really changes the fact that they're daily activity chore lists added in late development because the MAU metrics weren't going to be good enough for the Activision bean counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Ahh yes, because adding a time limit to daily activities really changes the fact that they're daily activity chore lists added in late development because the MAU metrics weren't going to be good enough for the Activision bean counters.
    You probably do dungeons/raids or pvp daily. I'm sorry to hear that you have to invest a dungeon-long time in the Maw per day. This really hurts
    We've had dailies since Burning Crusade. The Maw IS just a daily, nothing more, nothing less. - a daily that you do not even HAVE TO do, if you do higher content anyway....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Shhhhh dont tell em that. The general consensus is that we must hate absolutely everything blizzard does no matter if its positive or not.
    Ouwww shit, I forgot it, my bad.

You probably do dungeons/raids or pvp daily. I'm sorry to hear that you have to invest a dungeon-long time in the Maw per day. This really hurts
    Well, it's not you I care about, frankly.

What I care about is the fact that this game's population falls off a cliff after people get sick of these types of daily activities. They do nothing but harm the game. The core concept is just fine (Stygia for Conduits/Upgrades). That's a good idea. Where it takes a turn is when the words "Random" get thrown in. The only reason that exists is to keep you playing for months and months, doing the same dailies every day. Doing the same torghast run (That you'll get bored of within a few months, trust me).

Do you just think your alts are going to share this progress? Or in March of 2021 do you think you'll be having to drag underpowered alts through all this to fill out their conduit slots? Forest for the trees here.

Yes visions were limited too and IT was all i was doing in bfa to keep my char updated because of sockets and corruptions. Another system preventing me for having alts and promoting grind instead of skill and knowledge. U grind Ur passives that are 10% better count everybstackable conduit ranks plus sockets and we are back on bfa but 30% of my dmg will transfer from gushing to conduit talent procs and we.will think its not the same xd at least randoms will not hopefully get titanforged socket bis stats gear from emissary that is better than high rated ilvl gear with unlucky stat rng procs. But i guess grindy game model keeps more subs and bads keep playing to not get behind.
    If u cant farm those sh1t doing m+ raids or rated pvp its gonna be another sad expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Well, it's not you I care about, frankly.

What I care about is the fact that this game's population falls off a cliff after people get sick of these types of daily activities. They do nothing but harm the game. The core concept is just fine (Stygia for Conduits/Upgrades). That's a good idea. Where it takes a turn is when the words "Random" get thrown in. The only reason that exists is to keep you playing for months and months, doing the same dailies every day. Doing the same torghast run (That you'll get bored of within a few months, trust me).

Do you just think your alts are going to share this progress? Or in March of 2021 do you think you'll be having to drag underpowered alts through all this to fill out their conduit slots? Forest for the trees here.
    Back then no one cried about dailies or MAUs. These were just part of the progress - you either did them (and went ahead) or you didn't (and was left behind by just a slight margin).
    500 Stygia is like.. nothing. For this price it HAS to upgrade lesser conduits first. If you want a specific conduit with a high rank, you farm it as fast as possible via doing higher content - not with farming this currency. All it is for is to counter very very veeeeeery bad drop RNG and being able to get some better conduits for other specs, without farming these. Y'all overthink it.
    Ofc my alts will not share this progress - why should them? Conduits are gear. They have to farm gear. If they want a specific conduit on a higher rank, they'll have to go farm these on high keys/raids.

Do you REALLY think that you get only low conduits via drops and have to upgrade ALL of them with Stygia? Well, I don't want to disappoint you, but.. That's not how it works, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    Yes visions were limited too and IT was all i was doing in bfa to keep my char updated because of sockets and corruptions. Another system preventing me for having alts and promoting grind instead of skill and knowledge. U grind Ur passives that are 10% better count everybstackable conduit ranks plus sockets and we are back on bfa but 30% of my dmg will transfer from gushing to conduit talent procs and we.will think its not the same xd at least randoms will not hopefully get titanforged socket bis stats gear from emissary that is better than high rated ilvl gear with unlucky stat rng procs. But i guess grindy game model keeps more subs and bads keep playing to not get behind.
    If u cant farm those sh1t doing m+ raids or rated pvp its gonna be another sad expansion.
    Those sockets are a rng counter, that you only use for higher gear anyway. In addition, sockets will not be able to inflate the dmg as much anymore (you can use less than before).
    Conduit ranks can be farmed via higher content. If you only rank up your conduits with Stygia, you are doing it wrong OR have very terrible RNG, which can happen, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    You can farm conduits doing any form of content in the game. If a BiS conduit falls from mythic sludgefist and you get it at 226 ilvl, guess what. You dont have to spend a single second in the maw outside of collecting the souls for your covenant which takes very few minutes and is weekly not daily.

Sorry, do I misunderstand something here? The only possibility to upgrade my conduits is to upgrade them all randomly, despite the fact that I only want to use a handful of them?
    I did not now anything, this is the only way to upgrade them currently, right?