Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Biden made his statements in the video I linked calling for immediate action on the Scalia vacancy on March 24, 2016 when Obama was president...roughly 1 month after Scalia died and roughly 7 months before the 2016 election....not 14 months later when Trump was president.

However, in 1992, Biden stated that a vacancy shouldn't be filled in an election year when George H.W. Bush was president. But yet he advocated the exact opposite position in 2016 when Obama was president. Now Biden's back full circle to his original 1992 position now that Trump is president. Funny how that works!

Don't try to rationalize this. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy and many Democrats as well as many Republicans are guilty as hell when it comes to SCOTUS vacancies.
    Yeah I don't watch Republican propaganda on YouTube, I have my recommendations curated very carefully to avoid political bullshit and serve up exclusively DIY and gaming videos.

For that matter, I was talking about what @kaid said. Which was that there was a 14 month gap with an empty seat on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Just let the U.K hold a referendum on Brenter, lads. We'll take over the US. Our Government is incompetent but even in their conservative form right now we'll still repeal the 2A entirely, protect abortion rights and ensure same-sex marriage is legal. You know you want it.
    If you promise to bring the NHS and UK-flavored GDPR with you you have my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Fine if you do not care. But millions of owners of such do and should take this one as part of his policies which do violate the constitution according to the system which defines what is unconstitutional. Personal opinions until that decision is overruled, are only that.

And for those who do know some history on the subject, the Parkland School shooter used 10 round magazines for his AR-15. And the single highest school shooting, the shooter used 2 handguns to kill over 30 students.
    hahaha you care about the constitution now......you fake, you are embarrassing yourself here go back to the Gun control boner thread.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The October surprise might be a one-two punch.

1. Vaccine ready to go (regardless of truth, there are now four companies in Stage 3 trials).
    2. Hunter Biden indicted. Doesn't matter why - just that conservative media can plaster the news with "Biden Indicted".
    The only "October Surprise" I want is for Shadowlands to be a smooth launch.
    Putin khuliyo

Probably the same trump campaign legal advisor who told trump he's above the law, look how well that argument ended up for him in the supreme court. I suspect ratfuckery to occur, it's already occurred with the usps, more will happen, but this ain't how he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I just hope that SL is decent. I sat out the whole BFA xpack because i did not like the lore (I hate Sylvanas with passion, and the people simping for her), nor the RNG on top of RNG. And mind you, i fucking loved Legion.

I even loved ToS, as it had a last boss fight, consecuences and enviroment that i've imagined since TBC. You'll be surprised how many hours i wasted in middle/highschool using my imagination to play out scenarios of a burning legion spaceship raid (even if we got only 1 boss), and a space/galactic alliance to attack Argus.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-09-24 at 06:12 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That was a good thread. I could use more of that thread in my life.
    Yeah. Like I said, it soothed my nerves a bit.

She also pointed out that in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, the state GOP would have to change their electoral laws to give Trump what he wanted, changes that their Democratic governors would veto, a veto which they do not have the votes to override in any of those states and there is no way in hell Democratic legislators would go along with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Given how much of a wet fart the Ron "I'm not embarrassed about being a Russian puppet" Johnsons big fishing expedition looking for dirt on Joe Biden was, they would have to invent a law that Hunter Biden broke in order to indict him.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-09-24 at 06:00 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. The various officials within each state are far more accountable to the people of that state than Trump is sitting in the white house. They will not be doing themselves any favors by directly abrogating the will of their constituents.

Furthermore, these issues don't simply "go to the supreme court," even if Trump does successfully ram a justice through. They have to pass through all the relevant lower courts and be successfully appealed upwards and hope that a judge judge at some level doesn't just say "lol no" to strictly-partisan republican attempts at just installing whoever they want and slaps the thing down.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-24 at 06:07 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    -snip-
    With the amount of money that will be made from scrap when the guns are all melted, hell yes the NHS will cover everyone. GDPR is a given too. It’ll be a quick in and out, Brenter then Brexit and than you’re part of the Canadian Union.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots," Mr Trump, a Republican, said. "And the ballots are a disaster."

...didn't those ballots elect him in just a couple of years ago? :S

So basically if he wins "see i'm the best", if he loses "the ballots are corrupt!"

Florida's attorney general has requested that the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigate Michael Bloomberg's efforts to reinstate the voting rights of felons by paying their fees, according to a letter to the agencies provided to CNN https://t.co/PMSz1Oo9by
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1308964473743572992?s=19

Classic!

A solid majority of Florida voters vote to give voting rights back to felons who served their time.

Florida Republicans create a law they then have to pay legal fee, aka poll tax.

Ruled in courts by Republicans judges they can. Oh btw WOKE voters, this again shows judges being activist. VOTE. Another tidbit Justice Lagoa wrote favor of DeSantis. Yes she is a SCOTUS nominee.

Bloomberg comes along and says 'Get Rekt' and pays for felons. Now all of sudden has asked federal forces to step in.

REPUBLICANS DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO VOTE!

One more time for you hypocrites. I'm curious if the bill mentions third party paying and to what extant. Cause if vague and again Florida courts stop this. Then it is activist judges.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    "I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots," Mr Trump, a Republican, said. "And the ballots are a disaster."

So basically if he wins "see i'm the best", if he loses "the ballots are corrupt!"
    That was the case four years ago. He saw he was losing and bitched and whined about how it was rigged and the millions of illegal votes, but when he won suddenly it was because he had a better campaign and won by a landslide. He's a classic bitch.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

It's because Trump has the mentality of a goddammed spoiled child. Which is essentially all he is.

What's worse, is that he himself votes absentee. So they've spent the past couple of months pretending that there's a difference between "mail in" and "absentee" votes...

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    He's a Republican. Nothing else to say on that. Just because he shows his integrity when he has no choice, doesn't make him a good person.

A good person is good even when there's an overwhelming opportunity to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Of course, because tweeting is easy. Actually standing by whatever principles you claim to hold is the hard part. I assume it's even harder when most of the GOP isn't even bothering to pretend to have principles anymore.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Yeah I don't watch Republican propaganda on YouTube, I have my recommendations curated very carefully to avoid political bullshit and serve up exclusively DIY and gaming videos.
    OK...ignore his blatant hypocrisy and chalk up his explicit statements as "Republican propaganda".

You rationalize the facts you don't want to believe...because intellectual honesty and cognitive dissonance are hard when you live in an echo chamber.

Long live the bubble!
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2020-09-24 at 12:42 PM.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

OK...ignore his blatant hypocrisy and chalk it up his explicit statements as "Republican propaganda".

Rationalize the facts you don't want to believe...because intellectual honesty and cognitive dissonance is hard when you live in an echo chamber. Long live the bubble!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please tell us about echo chambers, cognitive dissonance and intellectual dishonesty right before and after you spout verbatim OAN & QAnon talking points.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Rationalize any and all facts you don't want to believe...because intellectual honesty is hard when you live in an echo chamber. Long live the bubble!
    Let’s test this:

Justice Department seeks to defend Trump in E. Jean Carroll lawsuit relating to rape allegation
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jus...ape-allegation
    The filing aims to substitute the US for Trump, meaning the government may have to pay damages if any are awarded
    Carroll also released a statement saying, “Today’s actions demonstrate that Trump will do everything possible, including using the full powers of the federal government, to block discovery from going forward in my case before the upcoming election to try to prevent a jury from ever deciding which one of us is lying.”

The filing complicates, at least for the moment, Carroll's efforts to get a DNA sample from the president as potential evidence and to have him answer questions under oath.

"Numerous courts have recognized that elected officials act within the scope of their office or employment when speaking with the press, including with respect to personal matters," the DOJ attorneys wrote.
    She has a dress with president’s post rape spunk... your opinion? You have 93 hours, 93 minutes and 93 seconds to answer... lol

Edit: Oh and a reminder... FoxNews.com reposts all AP stories... so, if you are arguing with a Trump supporter, just link the identical version from Fox... it saves a bit of back and forth...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-24 at 12:39 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi