Thread: Boycott the Maw

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Except you and the op are wrong while you are having your little temper tantrums. Clearly you need to learn how to read/know how the system actually works.

Normal raid- drops normal ilvl conduit
    Heroic raid- drops heroic ilvl conduit

Ranks are tied to ilvl. This is a stygian dump.

Holy christ people can't read at all this xpac. Adding and removing words, moving words around to fit their little freak out sessions.
    Out of the two of us, I don't think it's me having the tantrum.

I love this complaint "Blizzard gave non mythic+ grinders and non Mythic raiders a way to upgrade their conduits slowly, lets boycott it." This is literally meant to be a slow casual way for people to finish their conduits and slowly progress them if they've been unlucky to not have the higher ilevel ones drop or not raiding the higher levels.

I've also seen people complaining about the socket stuff... I mean sure it's not as fun as automatic sockets being on gear like in TBC but at least you can work towards sockets not have to reply on RNG to get them.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you boycot a zone that starts off the entire expansion?

So from what I ve gotten, in terms of player power people dont want to:
    -Do dungeons
    -Do raids
    -Do rep grinds
    -Do solo challenges
    -Do PvP
    -Do dailies

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO IN THIS GAME? BREATHE AND RECEIVE GEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Visions were great content, especially if you did it all solo. Just because you sucked at them and didn't understand how they work, it doesn't mean that it's bad game design.
    I boosted countless people through 5 Masks and I can tell you: yes, visions were the worst, and I really mean the worst, content that was ever added to WoW and I hope whoever designed them learned their lesson or is never again in charge of a system in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you and the op are wrong while you are having your little temper tantrums. Clearly you need to learn how to read/know how the system actually works.

Holy christ people can't read at all this xpac. Adding and removing words, moving words around to fit their little freak out sessions.
    Thanks for the explanation, I was not aware of that.
    You need to understand that many people lost all trust in Blizzard after BfA and that those people (including me) always assume the worst. An untargetable, randomized, endless grind that everybody has to do in a boring and dead zone, that you can not even ride in and that is also timegated is something that we came to expect from Blizzard. It would not be unusual at all.

Dont know if I will boycott it or not.

But from what I've seen from streamers and content creators it looks very underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I think i'll boycott this forum for some time if i have to read any more shit like that.
    Haha, probably one of the best comments I read on MMO-C in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I boosted countless people through 5 Masks and I can tell you: yes, visions were the worst, and I really mean the worst, content that was ever added to WoW and I hope whoever designed them learned their lesson or is never again in charge of a system in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to understand that many people lost all trust in Blizzard after BfA and that those people (including me) always assume the worst. An untargetable, randomized, endless grind that everybody has to do in a boring and dead zone, that you can not even ride in and that is also timegated is something that we came to expect from Blizzard. It would not be unusual at all.
    Seems like a pretty garbage way to live your life if either
    (And not meaning you exactly but just "people").

A) paying for a product you think is shit/will be shit
    B)hovering around fan sites for a product you think is shit/will be shit.

The delusional, irrational "haters" need to put there money where their mouth is and unsub. Maybe then blizzard will act cuz "dem greedy companies taken muh money and me no like game" shit is old and tired.

And after a dorito fueled rager on the forums for 16 hours/day they are the first ones in line for the ultra epic deluxe preorder mega offer.

If any sane person says to themself "Man I really don't like X"
    The general rule is to not consume/pay for X.

ill never step foot in there unless they decide to allow ground mounts. imagine argus without ground mounts... seriously.. i hate blizzard for not giving flying but lock it behind dumbass achievements because they feel the need to decide i should look at their 'pretty' world (as if that isnt possible in the air?) but not allowing ground mount? FUCK THAT SHIT

- - - Updated - - -

What grind? The primary way to upgrade your Conduits is do higher level content. This is a catch up mechanism...

Your boycott will mean absolutely nothing if you still pay your sub fee. If you don't like the direction the game is taking do what a cognizant person does and stop paying and playing the very thing that is aggravating you.
    RETH

YYYYEEEEHAW!!! Another rng based currency grind, Shitlands looking better by the minute. This is the last straw, the expansion is anitu-fun period. No king rules forever, time to move on from this spreadsheet design game.

Seems like a pretty garbage way to live your life if either
    (And not meaning you exactly but just "people").

A) paying for a product you think is shit/will be shit
    B)hovering around fan sites for a product you think is shit/will be shit.

The delusional, irrational "haters" need to put there money where their mouth is and unsub. Maybe then blizzard will act cuz "dem greedy companies taken muh money and me no like game" shit is old and tired.

And after a dorito fueled rager on the forums for 16 hours/day they are the first ones in line for the ultra epic deluxe preorder mega offer.

If any sane person says to themself "Man I really don't like X"
    The general rule is to not consume/pay for X.

I know you don't mean me specifically, but the "just unsub" is not really possible for me anymore, as I have paid for multiple years of gametime with the WoD garrion gold. I mean yeah, I am not technically "on a subscription" right now, but my account is paid for some expansions to come ;-)

Besides that I think many of those people just like the game and hope for it to get better. For example right now, I was very positively surprised by the fact, that this feature does not work in the predicted, terrible way!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    What grind? The primary way to upgrade your Conduits is do higher level content. This is a catch up mechanism...
    Yes. This is exactly what I wrote.

I know you don't mean me specifically, but the "just unsub" is not really possible for me anymore, as I have paid for multiple years of gametime with the WoD garrion gold. I mean yeah, I am not technically "on a subscription" right now, but my account is paid for some expansions to come ;-)

Besides that I think many of those people just like the game and hope for it to get better. For example right now, I was very positively surprised by the fact, that this feature does not work in the predicted, terrible way!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. This is exactly what I wrote.
    You said it was an untargeted grind... there is no untargeted grind. There is however a slow catchup mechanism that supplements you doing harder content to upgrade your conduits.

Except the part when inevitably your best PvE conduit drops in rated Arena or vise versa, like the Blood essence and you are either forced to do content you do not enjoy doing, or grind in hopes that gods of rng upgrade the stuff you need upgraded. This is literally just pure bullshit design.

OMG op is onto something i have been doing this for years with pathfinder and look im getting all of them for free now it works! Just gotta play the long game. on a side note Op you have no clue what you are talking about the maw conduit upgrade is a catchup mechanic.

This is why people who play beta and publish information on it should be more careful and provide the context, because clickbait of this kind just gives fuel for people who are waiting to get angry about something.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This is why people who play beta and publish information on it should be more careful and provide the context, because clickbait of this kind just gives fuel for people who are waiting to get angry about something.
    to be fair, they will get angry about absolutely anything

10+ Year Old Account
    We already are boycotting the Maw. That's why we're there protesting by tearing the place a new asshole.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2020-09-24 at 10:10 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    With the recent changes and new RNG / currency systems, I’m afraid we as a community need to boycott the MAW so they get the message, we wont play the way you want us to play, but that is a commitment from casual to top end players and all realms.

This should be proposed from top players and streamers, if no one enters they will notice that 100% guaranted.
    Feel free to quit.