View Poll Results: Should Blizz delay SL launch

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I want it to be as good and balanced as possible.

231 48.73%
  • No, I want new content ASAP

177 37.34%
  • Don't care

66 13.92%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    It doesn't matter what they do because people will never be happy or see the game in a good state.

Edit: The poll seems a bit biased.
    Exactly this. Voted don’t care for this reason. Regardless of the “state of the game” it will never be good enough for people who make polls like this

Quote Originally Posted by saberwolf View Post
    Mmmm. I don't think so.
    It is biased - that's just a fact, not an opinion.

You have embedded an additional opinion into each of the YES and NO options meaning that one is forced to choose between the two answers in each question.

For me - the answer I wanted is "NO - I want it to be as good and balanced as possible.", but I had to answer "NO - I want content ASAP" even though I disagree with it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

They probably should but thats not up to them.

I'm tired of unpolished stuff, so... YES!

But, I'm sure Blizzard will not change Shadowlands release date unless something really terrible happens.

should they? yes. will they? no. old blizzard is gone. they don't delay stuff to ensure quality anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, Activision does NOT MAKE ANY decisions regarding Blizzard. Blizzard and Activision are two separate self autonomous companies under one roof. People need to stop with this myth.

- - - Updated - - -

Stockholders do not care. All they care about is that the company is profitable as a whole. They do not give one wit about what WoW specifically is doing.

This was true for a while but activision started pressuring after the WOD fiasco, this has been confirmed by multiple sources inside blizzard. Just look at the statement mike morhaim made while creating his new company. It literally cant be more obvious if you cant connect the dots there thats on you.

Absolutely not. It's already delayed, should have come out August / september like legion and bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by saberwolf View Post
    Title says it all. Thoughts?
    Definitly to late.... i allready took a few days off for it.
    If they wanted to delay it they could have done so earlier.

Give it now. Also: Why is it not in a good state? People disagree with stuff. That won't change no matter how long you make them push the game back.

Edit: When did blizz really delay anything? BC for one month. SL could allready be delayed. And i am pretty sure it is allready delayed for them.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2020-09-24 at 10:08 AM.

Absolutely. BFA came out unfinished and I doubt that Shadowlands is looking any better when I look at the new systems and class changes. Many people rate BFA as the worst because all the new features and class changes were unfun to play and the very same could happen to SL. On top of that SL is looking a lot smaller with its release content compared to other expansions. A new zone and a new class would have been wonderful.

Its not going to happen though. They can not afford dragging BFA out any longer as it is already the longest lasting expansion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    It doesn't matter what they do because people will never be happy or see the game in a good state.

Edit: The poll seems a bit biased.
    I don’t think the poll is biased at all. It’s just realistic. If you want an option that states “I want it fast AND balanced” then you’re simply being disingenuous because there is no way that’s going to happen.

Nah, no reason to delay it. Covenants are going to ruin any hope of balance anyway in their current state, so they might as well release it ASAP so we can get to patch 9.1 or 9.2 when they stop being idiots and change how the system works. The faster that happens the faster the game can actually be decent again.

I'd much prefer the new expansion come out so I can make a few million gold to buy the new CoD with and then quit until they fix the game in a patch or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is to say what a 'good state' is? The two or three dozen people here who haven't liked anything about the game since Cataclysm?

Date is announced. Barring some catastrophic event at Blizzard HQ, it's a go.

If you want a non-biased poll the choices should be Yes | No | No opinion without all of the extraneous and obviously slanted commentary.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I don’t think the poll is biased at all. It’s just realistic. If you want an option that states “I want it fast AND balanced” then you’re simply being disingenuous because there is no way that’s going to happen.
    You heard it here folks! Shadowlands delayed until 2022 so blizzard can get ever class at a 0% difference!

All dps with have 4 buttons, attack, heavy attack, ranged attack and do more damage!

All healers will have heal, mega heal, group heal and mega group heal!

All tanks will have do damage, do aoe damage, reduce damage and mega reduce damage!

All abilities that heal and do damage will all do 100hps/dps.

Problem solved. Booking time off work for 2022.

I think a lot of players and Blizz itself have forgotten about the disaster that happened during the BfA patch 8.0 and partly also the 8.1 that happened because BfA came out too soon. It just wasn't a finished product. This meant that many players left WoW and never returned.
    I think it's healthy for everyone that maybe they postpone the release of SL by a month or two as looking at the current beta, there is still a lot of things to fix and I doubt they will succeed in just one month.
    I doubt this will happen.

No amount of time would make Blizzard change their position on certain things. I don't know why people think more time only for the core systems of the game to stay as they are right now.

Bobby kotic wants the game out so it will come out when he says it will

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You heard it here folks! Shadowlands delayed until 2022 so blizzard can get ever class at a 0% difference!

All dps with have 4 buttons, attack, heavy attack, ranged attack and do more damage!

All healers will have heal, mega heal, group heal and mega group heal!

All tanks will have do damage, do aoe damage, reduce damage and mega reduce damage!

All abilities that heal and do damage will all do 100hps/dps.

Problem solved. Booking time off work for 2022.
    Oh my lord...

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you implying that if they had more time they would do a better job? cause they won't

They should, but their Activision overlords may think otherwise.

While I agree there are still a couple of minor issues on beta that need to be addresses/tested the core mechanics are mostly in place. We seem to be largely in the tuning phase of beta and to be realistic blizz will be fine tuning classes all the way up to mythic raid launch. At this point, I don't really see anything that would hold up the expansion launch date.

Although, I may have some disagreements with how these core systems are handled (covenants/conduits/etc...) it would seem blizz is sticking to their guns and no amount of feedback will change their minds at this point.