Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading Shadows Rising gives a possible premonition.

Turalyon wants to do what's necessary for the greater good, this includes working with his wife torturing prisoners for information - he restrained them with light chains and she was scouring their mind with void to discover secrets leaving them broken and maddened.

The novel showed how they started doing it to get info on Sylvanas from someone who knew a thing, there was a whole chapter with Turalyon attempting everything he could peacefully in vain and finally giving up and helping Alleria with that by restraining prisoner. By the time Jaina caught up Turalyon and Alleria already did this several times and seemed to be getting familiar with a method.

It is possible that while we're away - Turalyon might try consolidating power for the greater good using these void methods. So here's possible crown of light bringing darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Reading Shadows Rising gives a possible premonition.

Turalyon wants to do what's necessary for the greater good, this includes working with his wife torturing prisoners for information - he restrained them with light chains and she was scouring their mind with void to discover secrets leaving them broken and maddened.

The novel showed how they started doing it to get info on Sylvanas from someone who knew a thing, there was a whole chapter with Turalyon attempting everything he could peacefully in vain and finally giving up and helping Alleria with that by restraining prisoner. By the time Jaina caught up Turalyon and Alleria already did this several times and seemed to be getting familiar with a method.

It is possible that while we're away - Turalyon might try consolidating power for the greater good using these void methods. So here's possible crown of light bringing darkness.
    Indeed, I feel the book highlights it's an essential method which is why I like the darkness. And why I don't understand why Jaina condemning them. Sure it looks distasteful, but these are people who are willingly aiding Sylvannas. And not like they didn't try other methods first. At least they'll recover in time, unlike the elves Sylvannas burned.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Turalyon and his crazy wife are good candidates to be the next big bads
    Except Alleria is not crazy.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Indeed, I feel the book highlights it's an essential method which is why I like the darkness. And why I don't understand why Jaina condemning them. Sure it looks distasteful, but these are people who are willingly aiding Sylvannas. And not like they didn't try other methods first. At least they'll recover in time, unlike the elves Sylvannas burned.
    I mean... kekw?

Imagine this shit would be irl... People are people and torturing prisoners, especially leaving them broken and mad and doing it literally with powers unlike those of N'zoth is not exactly the accept modus operandi acceptable in a normal society, certainly not by Jaina or many others in Alliance.

Of course normal people would be horrified. Heck we just got out of N'zoth mess and now we do it ourselves? Ye, totally wonder why Jaina was startled there.

This is not a plot twist. This would be Garrosh 3.0. We already did this story in WoD and BfA. I hope we never do it again.

Kill Anduin and keep Tyralyon pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Except Alleria is not crazy.
    "Im not crazy" is what all crazies think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Would be an interesting plot twist but personally I think its kinda shitty. We spent almost a decade wondering what happened to him and Alleria, so I hate the idea of finding them only for them to turn into 'muhahahaha!' villains.

Besides, they already did this with Yrel. Make her the tyrant of the Light that finds a way to our Azeroth.
    tbh, i would love to get rid of him, given that we spend decade wondering what happened to him and after he arrived pretty much his whole ingame personality is "i love Light"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Im not crazy" is what all crazies think.
    If Alleria is crazy then everyone in the Warcraft verse is crazy, at which point singling out Alleria is stupid.

Because, surprise, torturing 3 random people is pretty low on the list of "crimes committed in the Warcraft universe". Jaina, who complained about that act in the Shadows Rising novel, tortured or downright killed several civilians during the Purge of Dalaran.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    The exception being the Night Elves. But Blizzard refuses to make them embrace their savage nature.
    And now that half of them are in Stormwind they are really gonna become just purple humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Expanding on the fact that the light resorts to creating crazed zealots and is potentially an evil hiding underneath a hero's veil could be a really interesting concept if done right. That's a big if though
    Already overdone and boring, in today's world is actuality more interesting if the good guys do stay good.....They even made Uther go thru it for no good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If Alleria is crazy then everyone in the Warcraft verse is crazy, at which point singling out Alleria is stupid.

Because, surprise, torturing 3 random people is pretty low on the list of "crimes committed in the Warcraft universe". Jaina, who complained about that act in the Shadows Rising novel, tortured or downright killed several civilians during the Purge of Dalaran.
    Nah, its more about her hearing voices. She should get nice white jacket and a long vacation in house with no doors till she gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Blizzard don't like to make the main Alliance cast out to be the villains, so no.
    That is what happens due to the last time we had an alliance centric expansion was, maybe wrath?????

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah, its more about her hearing voices. She should get nice white jacket and a long vacation in house with no doors till she gets better.
    The other people don't even need voices to commit crimes so yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean he will be the greatest high king the alliance ever had?

The Crown of Light ( Turalyon ) will bring only Darkness ( Alleria )

The problem won't be Turalyon.

The vision of Nzoth, despite him being no more, showcased a Stormwind ruled by Turalyon ( Anduin wasn't there despite being the leader of SW ) , dying before the Cathedral, and Alleria doing shits with the void.

That's the most probable outcome. Alleria will be the problem, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post

The vision of Nzoth, despite him being no more, showcased a Stormwind ruled by Turalyon ( Anduin wasn't there despite being the leader of SW ) , dying before the Cathedral, and Alleria doing shits with the void.

Wrong, Stormwind was still ruled by Anduin in that vision. Wrathion says something like "I can't bear to look at this" when you get close to Stormwind Keep i.e. he can't bear to look at Void-corrupted Anduin or just dead Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You mean he will be the greatest high king the alliance ever had?
    Or Just bring Scourgelord Garrosh into play, he'll fix everything.

Well my bad then, but it was Alleria doing the shit there, not Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post

Please no more. Can they stop killing heroes and/or making them evil. I'm getting worried for Tyrande.