View Poll Results: Should Blizz delay SL launch

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I want it to be as good and balanced as possible.

231 48.73%
  • No, I want new content ASAP

177 37.34%
  • Don't care

66 13.92%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Abso-fucking-lutely yes.

Will they? Of course not. They have quotas to meet and fun little blurbs to put into their Q4 QRs about "engagement" and "breaking records" and other bullshit nobody other than Activision suits actually gives a shit about.
    You fuckers have such an unhealthy view of a company that is meant to provide you with entertainment, when you view any action taken through a lense of "It's all about quotas and engagement statistics" maybe you just hate the company and should stop supporting them?

This is flat out addict behaviour, why is wow important enough to care? Quit, there's other mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilo View Post
    You fuckers have such an unhealthy view of a company that is meant to provide you with entertainment, when you view any action taken through a lense of "It's all about quotas and engagement statistics" maybe you just hate the company and should stop supporting them?

This is flat out addict behaviour, why is wow important enough to care? Quit, there's other mmos.
    Even if what you're saying is true, it doesn't make what they say (Even if it's worded pessimistically) is actually incorrect. The WoW team tries to develop its systems as best as possible to keep you subscribed and have fun doing it. They obviously don't always succeed on either front, but that's part of their business for their own game.

Delaying the expansion at this point wouldnt do much of anything unless the delay is extremely substantial, something in the region of 2-3 months at least.

It is easy to forget but development is not just how much time you put in, but also how you divide up that time. Currently we are in the tuning and bugfixing stage of development, and unless the delay is significant enough to give the developers time to go back to an earlier stage of development that is all we will get. We are far better off just letting the cards fall where they may and get Shadowlands released so the developers can start work on 9.1 and 9.2, where the real changes can come.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by saberwolf View Post
    Title says it all. Thoughts?
    Time != quality.

Time also != the game being how you think you want it to be.

/thread
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'm most looking forward to questing in new areas. Seen as that's what players will most likely experience first they tend to fix the quest bugs rather quickly.

Should it be delayed until there are no major bugs or oversights (like WoD Garrisons, MoP Jadeforest quest or BfA purchasable cooking mats)? Yes.
    Should Covenants be ready, meaning not being touched after players commit to one? Absolutely, else the whole system would be pointless.
    Do classes have to be balanced? No, they will never be.
    Should classes be "finished"? Yes.
    So some minor bugs will be in the game? Of course. There are thousands of bugs in the live game, they will never be fixed with just one expansion.

So, as long as classes are functioning and major systems that require longterm commitment are in a state, that they can be left with for 6 months (until 9.1) and the game can be played without crashed or softlocks, then they can ship the game. Else, withhold it until it is ready.

Kotick does not allow.

But every blizzard product released in the past few years needed at least 6 more months in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Kotick does not allow.

But every blizzard product released in the past few years needed at least 6 more months in development.
    Just because things arent the way you want them to be does not mean they need more development time.

Wc3 reforged probably did though.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

I doubt it will be any better if they delay it(if we dont talk about like new exp dev time), it just in that bad of shape.

Since no one really knows how to do things right anymore they default to just doing them fast - good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You heard it here folks! Shadowlands delayed until 2022 so blizzard can get ever class at a 0% difference!

All dps with have 4 buttons, attack, heavy attack, ranged attack and do more damage!

All healers will have heal, mega heal, group heal and mega group heal!

All tanks will have do damage, do aoe damage, reduce damage and mega reduce damage!

All abilities that heal and do damage will all do 100hps/dps.

Problem solved. Booking time off work for 2022.
    But the animation of a dks heavy attack is slower than a warriors. DKs getting shafted again!

Judging from posts of people such as the one you quoted, I think Blizzard must be one of the few companies that has consumers who trash talks them and their product constantly, yet use their product very often. So addiction could be quite precise.

Pal, I don't need you to lecture me on "other MMOs," and I sure as fuck don't need you to tell me that my opinion about a video game company is or isn't healthy. (It's especially ironic given the number of times people on this forum have accused me of being a "Blizzard shill" for defending some of their decisions.) The question was whether Blizzard would release a half-assed product to meet some imaginary fucking deadline that matters to nobody other than people who could give a fuck whether the game is a half-aborted fetus on launch so long as engagement metrics are where they need to be.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-09-24 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Oh yes please, shoot all the bullets early so we go back to 1 year lasting final patches....
    They've been too fast with legion patches which has led to a very long last patch. Should have been between 14 and 18 weeks between patches instead of 11.

Say what you want about bfa, but content pacing was done right for the first time ever. If we hadn't had corona, shadowlands would already be out by now, which would mean that 8.3 could have been the shortest final patch of an expansion ever.
    Maybe it's down to a difference in outlook, but I rather have a quick pace of content releases followed by a long time between the last content patch and the next expansion. When I inevitably grow bored with the content of the final patch, I'll simply quit to play the plethora of other games I have on Steam.

My life doesn't need to revolve around WoW so if I'm not entertained playing it, I'm just gonna play something else for a while and return to WoW when it has new content I find interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people with the data to make that decision would be Blizzard.

And how do you define "a good state?" Perfect is the enemy of the good, constantly trying to chase it means the game never gets released. The only people capable of knowing if it's good enough for launch would be blizzard and not randoms on an internet forum.
    Putin khuliyo

Doesnt matter if they delay it with 2 years, players will find something to complain about, and even if by miracle they made a perfect game with nothing bad, some players would just make something up.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    What should be cancelled is the never ending thread creations of how SL is unfinished, trash, “filler” and so on.
    Folks have been crying like this for the last 15 years, and on top of it we have had like 20 other games come and go all being labeled as this will kill wow forever. yet here they are again saying this and that isnt finished this and that is terrible. for something they hate so much they sure invest a lot of time in it. we are due for a release of Shadowlands and fact of the matter is it is long over due

Yes but since it seems to be in a good state I'd say mission accomplished

At This Point Would You Be Alright With Waiting?

So with all the things from class designs to pre-patch being rushed. If they came out and said we are pushing it all back a month.

Would you go for that or do you want it how it is?

No.

Nothing is rushed. Give us the prepatch already and let "muh class does not have pretty numbers" whine some more.