Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Well my bad then, but it was Alleria doing the shit there, not Turalyon
    That it was, but it was just a vision of a potential future. The Void shows all truths but can't distinguish which is the right one.

Regardless I wouldn't mind too much if that vision came to fruition in some way (I'm not expecting Blizzard to just copy-paste that scenario". Alleria needs to showcase her new Void powers (don't forget the absorbed the massive power of a void naaru), what better way to do so than by corrupting the entirety of Stormwind?

Real talk?

FFXIV's "Shadowbringers" expansion already beat them to the punch, and did so with resounding success. I think trying to make "the Light" into a primary antagonist is probably not a great idea. We already had the Scarlet Crusade that touched on "righteous zealots", I think it's fine to explore the concept a little more, but not enough to make a primary antagonistic force.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Would be an interesting plot twist but personally I think its kinda shitty. We spent almost a decade wondering what happened to him and Alleria, so I hate the idea of finding them only for them to turn into 'muhahahaha!' villains.

Besides, they already did this with Yrel. Make her the tyrant of the Light that finds a way to our Azeroth.
    Not like its been a good thing they came back, alleria is a rabid idiot and turalyon a draenei dweeb
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    That is what happens due to the last time we had an alliance centric expansion was, maybe wrath?????
    Sure, if you want to count someone who was a villain long before WoW as part of the Alliance's main cast. I wouldn't, personally.

Him all angry got his sword caught buy illaderp with one hand. I personally don't see him as a very threatening character. But blizz power levels make as much sense as dbz(s) power levels.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Actually, he is Highking, Commander of the Alliance Forces aswell as Warden of the Throne/Regent of Stormwind - so he is basically the Alliance's Warchief lol.
    I haven't read Shadows Rising, so I'd only seen the regent of Stormwind bit. Strange how easy it is to hand off the position of High King.

However, the High King is not a Warchief and does not have unconditional control over the Alliance's armies. Participation is voluntary, so a Turalyon without the support of the Alliance has no army save Stormwind's.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Expanding on the fact that the light resorts to creating crazed zealots and is potentially an evil hiding underneath a hero's veil could be a really interesting concept if done right. That's a big if though
    And, it could lead to a light/void expansion

The problem is that the "light" has been fighting the "dark" for Aeons and in the lore never before has something like this been a major element until now. During the long fight between the Draenei and Eredar, the light never turned to zealotry or waged crusades against other mortals in the name of defeating evil. So for them to now all of a sudden in the span of 8 years make the light a corrupting force just cheapens the lore.

They keep churning the lore and redefining the core principles that at some point nothing will make sense.
    You cant be "light" and "dark" at the same time, it kinda worked with Illidan but to turn X'era into some kind of "grey" entity is ridiculous.
    The light is the light (good). Evil is evil. Life is Life. Death is Death. But all that goes out the window with these new lore changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they claim that the Nathrezim were corrupting the light from behind the scenes (which makes no sense).
    And at the same time the Nathrezim are working in the shadowlands as well. All the more muddying the lore as I thought they just got defeated.
    Plus how are they able to simultaneously go into the Death realm and Light realm and corrupt both? And if they can do that how did they lose to "champions" of Azeroth?
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2020-09-24 at 12:49 PM.

As an Alliance player, I hope things happen that way. I don't trust the Light.
    Last edited by Vargrik; 2020-09-24 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Sure, if you want to count someone who was a villain long before WoW as part of the Alliance's main cast. I wouldn't, personally.
    hence i go maybe wrath, but wow hasn't had Alliance in the center for lore since wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    The problem is that the "light" has been fighting the "dark" for Aeons and in the lore never before has something like this been a major element until now.
    During the long fight between the Draenei and Eredar, the light never turned to zealotry or waged crusades against other mortals in the name of defeating evil.
    So for them to now all of a sudden in the span of 8 years make the light a corrupting force just cheapens the lore.

They keep churning the lore and redefining the core principles that at some point nothing will make sense.
    You cant be "light" and "dark" at the same time, it kinda worked with Illidan but to turn X'era into some kind of "grey" entity is ridiculous.
    The light is the light (good). Evil is evil. Life is Life. Death is Death. But all that goes out the window with these new lore changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they claim that the Nathrezim were corrupting the light from behind the scenes (which makes no sense).
    And at the same time the Nathrezim are working in the shadowlands as well. All the more muddying the lore as I thought they just got defeated.
    Plus how are they able to simultaneously go into the Death realm and Light realm and corrupt both? And if they can do that how did they lose to "champions" of Azeroth?
    It doesn't cheapen the lore. The Light was under attack by the Legion, but the Legion has been defeated, opening the way for the oppressed's opression. The way of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Making the Light evil is just contrived at this point. It has no hints of it until Legion.
    What is "The Scarlet Crusade" for 500 Alex

And also the twilight father explicitly stating "the light and void aren't good or evil, there is only power". I guess that's not really a hint if it's plainly stated, but... That was in cataclysm.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2020-09-24 at 12:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the Alliance isn't allowed to have internal conflict
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Well Garrosh and Sylvanas both became cartoon villains.

I'm sure Turalyon will too if he becomes the "villain". It'd be more interesting seeing him do a Stormwind coup but being genuinely a better and more worthwhile leader instead. Do you stick with the boy king because he was born the leader and help him kill the new leader, who's actually just better at the job and only there to help the kingdom?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Would like to see Blizzard take a crack at the Light being a bad guy personally. Xera/Illidan was interesting... would like to see it go further... and characters would differentiate from each other. Like Turalyon/Yrel may be extremists... but how would Velen or Anduin handle a scenario where being a follower of the light has to fight back against overzealous light wielders.
    They would need to take the same approach as warlocks and shadow priests. You need use an evil power for your own gain.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So apparently he's the new leader of the Alliance. In 8.3 we got this goodie from the Rumor Tumor:

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

Could Turalyon be the next Garrosh by forcing the Light on everyone?
    No I do not think he will be the next Garrosh, I do think he is going to help potentially bring AU Exarch Yrel and her light army to our Azeroth and possibly regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    How many times do they need to redo the Garrosh story?
    Yeah, let's recycle the same story arc a 3rd time just with a different person at the helm... It's like a TV series that goes on for 11th season and story writers ran out of ideas around 5 seasons ago so they're just recycling the same crap over and again (stuff like Supernatural or Walking Dead comes to my mind).

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    It doesn't cheapen the lore. The Light was under attack by the Legion, but the Legion has been defeated, opening the way for the oppressed's opression. The way of the world.
    If they used him, for example, as part of a "crusade" against the undead on Azeroth that would be one thing. But that would mean a showdown with Sylvanas. So now that Sylvanas has now gone super Saiyan and opened a gateway to the realm of the dead, that can't happen and the lore of death has been sullied. Keeping in mind the original lore of the "light" on Azeroth were as forces of good against the forces of evil as symbolized by the undead scourge.

By cheapening the lore I meant the "light" itself isn't evil or grey. It is a force of the universe and should be consistent with that.
    Same thing with death. But we have now introduced with "Shadow"Lands, the idea that these concepts and forces aren't as fixed as we thought and have "shades of grey".
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2020-09-24 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Light's incursion is coming....I thought it was going to be Calia who kicks it off but Turalyon is set up in prime position to be the light's radical pawn for some serious zealous shit that will probably have the Alliance looking like it needs a collective straight jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    By cheapening the lore I meant the "light" itself isn't evil or grey. It is a force of the universe and should be consistent with that.
    Doesn't portraying it as something that can only be used for "good" also cheapen its status as a cosmic force?

World of Warcraft already had a crusade driven by the Light. The Scarlet Crusade believed all non-humans were "lesser races" that carried the plague and, given the numbers, would happily have wiped them off the face of Azeroth. Yet the Light still responded to their call, because faith and willpower are all you need to wield it, and that's been the case since Vanilla.