The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I get that people want to talk about Trump refusing to cede power if he loses, but that's all nonsense. He's not going to be holed up in the White House, like it's a bunker.

Trump is a bully, but he's also a coward. And, cowards will never put themselves into the position to be taken out in an unpleasantly violent way. Sure, he'll say this shit, because he knows he has a legion of racist dipshits to do his fighting for him. Sure, he'll throw lawyers at it, and try and tie it up in the courts. In reality, his steps have been taken since he's been in office, trying to limit voting. He's not going to go down a martyr, he doesn't have the balls to do that.

If he loses, which is still very much up in the air, he will shout and scream about corruption, but he will go away. As it stands, I consider this election a toss up, and we may have to wait weeks after the election, before we know who won. There will be so many mail-in votes, that many states (fuck you, Florida) won't know who won for quite some times. Trump may have a lead after the first night, simply because liberals are more likely to vote by mail this year.
    This is very well said - and thank you for the reality check. I agree entirely that the bluster of the refusal to cede power is entirely nonsense - mainly because our system works so efficiently to bring in a newly elected President. In the recent past I have certainly expressed alarm over Trump's statements re this issue, your point is an excellent reminder that Trump throws as much shit out as possible, hoping we'll miss the bullets he's using to destroy this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Fucking lol, are they chanting Lock Him Up?
    Vote Him Out! I am happy that it wasn’t “Lock him up”...

How are all the conspiracy theories defending Trump? He slithers back to his hole at the end of that video...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    The sad part is, it would only be a huge deal if he lost. He'd praise them for being able to do a good job given our current situation if he won. Not that I want it to go that far, but if the margins are close, the vote should be contested either way, because if Trump is bitching and moaning about them being rigged, that standard goes both ways.

As many have stated already, he needs to lose by a margin so large that it can't be contested.

With that said, the popular vote doesn't actually legally mean a damned thing, it's just a guideline to help the electoral college make their decision but they're not technically beholden to any rule or law that requires them to use it for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good read for anyone thinking that Trump has any chance of succeeding in his coup idea:

https://choosedemocracy.us/prepare/#.X2v2tWlOnqs

Essentially, short of him actually droning people out in the streets, there's simply not enough support nationwide for his idea.
    There have been similar pieces authored when the BLM protests kicked into gear this year after George Floyd's murder - basically, said protests being relatively restrained in the face of overwhelmingly violent response has broken the myth of the 'silent majority' of conservatives.

If Republicans are so mask off with their antipathy for democracy these days it's because of that. There's no point continuing the pretense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Notice how your dumbass idea about paving over Central Park to turn it into a parking lot would in no way fix the actual traffic problems of NYC?
    See... This is why I sometimes think it’s a character... this can’t be a coincidence:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The mask is just there because he knows he needs as much support as he can get right now. If him wearing one publicly can get him a few more votes, he'll absolutely do it. Same reason the last few days have been all about Cubans for him.
    Being that close to the actual public, he's probably actually scared shitless of dying.

Fucking lol, are they chanting Lock Him Up?
    Think it's "Vote him out", because I guess they have more respect for due process than Trump's base does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...na-protesters/

#BanCannedSoup
    #BanCannedTuna

It's a good thing nobody has told leftists about guns yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Think it's "Vote him out", because I guess they have more respect for due process than Trump's base does.
    I don’t do this often, but... Truth...

10+ Year Old Account

#BanCannedSoup
    #BanCannedTuna

Man I cannot believe Poseidon, Andy Warhol, and now Jessica Simpson are all members of the antifa council of doom. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Man I cannot believe Poseidon, Andy Warhol, and now Jessica Simpson are all members of the antifa council of doom. /s
    I don't believe Chicken of the Sea has been weaponized yet, the claims are only for Bumble Bee Tuna.

So Snowflake better watch his ass, Ace Ventura won't be here to save him.

10+ Year Old Account
    #BanCannedTuna
    Oh shit... that Amazon delivery guy must have thought we were Antifa... we ordered a 2 pack of 3 tiny cans of tuna... which apparently was confusing for the packer, since we got a bag full of different cans of tuna... it... uhm... was too much tuna... now I understand, comrades!!! *wink*

I want to witness that brunch... I think Andy would love Jessica Simpson and Poseidon would smite them all with a kraken... which Andy would find dull and predictable...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-24 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh shit... that Amazon delivery guy must have thought we were Antifa... we ordered a 2 pack of 3 tiny cans of tuna... which apparently was confusing for the packer, since we got a bag full of different cans of tuna... it... uhm... was too much tuna... now I understand, comrades!!! *wink*
    The insane thing is Fox News was literally scaremongering about the Anarchist's Cookbook years ago and even the tamest shit in there is markedly worse than a soup can, so... I dunno I guess what defines modern American conservatism is a complete lack of ambition and they think their opponents equally as lazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    The insane thing is Fox News was literally scaremongering about the Anarchist's Cookbook years ago and even the tamest shit in there is markedly worse than a soup can, so... I dunno I guess what defines modern American conservatism is a complete lack of ambition and they think their opponents equally as lazy?
    Is that still around? I remember that making the rounds in the 90s... never cared for it... SCUM manifesto is better written... lol

#BanCannedSoup
    #BanCannedTuna

You know, one has to ponder, if Trump is getting money from canned goods companies, to say the name of their competitors brand, as some really sinister way of trying to take down their competition.

Trump might be backed by big can.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    You know, one has to ponder, if Trump is getting money from canned goods companies, to say the name of their competitors brand, as some really sinister way of trying to take down their competition.

Trump might be backed by big can.
    The only defense against a bad guy with a can, is a good guy with a can. Buy Goya defense cans.
    /s

#BanCannedSoup
    #BanCannedTuna

I actually sat at my kitchen island and laughed. A lot. And I mean a lot. Like a hysterical evil laugh. 'They get a curve on it'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is that still around? I remember that making the rounds in the 90s... never cared for it... SCUM manifesto is better written... lol
    It's something of a relic, but no - the demographic that used to share that has since been largely abandoned the anarchist label and moved firmly into 'libertarian' or outright fashy territory these days.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The only defense against a bad guy with a can, is a good guy with a can. Buy Goya defense cans.
    Revolution and counter revolution, brought to you by canned tuna, buy one now and get one for free!
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.