The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think it's safe to say prepatch is the 6th now.

Cinematic is real but who knows when it'll drop. If they wanted to just do a fancy magazine cover they wouldn't have done brand new art of a character most players haven't seen before, they'd do Sylvanas.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well I think it's safe to say prepatch is the 6th now.
    We have until sunday/monday (based on history) until that is confirmed.

I do think all of this pre-patch cycle is strange though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post

Yeah and I'm not sure if it's just the entire PR team quit, or if there's some issue with the game that we're not seeing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That Jailer picture on the PC Mag doesn't look like a Blizz cinematic to me. I don't know why people think it is - the artstyle is completely different.

when exactly was that 2 day anouncment period? Because if it wasn't within the last 4 expansions it might as well mean bugger all because what Blizzard did in BC means jack shit today.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    That Jailer picture on the PC Mag doesn't look like a Blizz cinematic to me. I don't know why people think it is - the artstyle is completely different.
    naivety is a good engine

Looks literally identical to blizzquality cinematics, it's just a very unique looking character. Imo. There is 0% chance that it is purely art, even if it's just used for a tv spot or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    naivety is a good engine
    Feel free to quote me if the Jailer cinematic never comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    when exactly was that 2 day anouncment period? Because if it wasn't within the last 4 expansions it might as well mean bugger all because what Blizzard did in BC means jack shit today.
    I was going by Sondrelk, but to my personal knowledge the shortest was 4 days. https://www.wowhead.com/news=254192/...rrives-july-19

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, you can finally get the three braid appearance seen in my profile picture with the new Dwarf customization. The first dwarf of the new models can finally be realized!

Gotta agree with that. Besides looking like a cheap mk/necormonger/warhammer reject model it doesn't look anything like the usual wow cinematic art. Maybe they changed their style, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was some concept promo material.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So... I would've expected the cinematic to come out the week before the prepatch... this makes me think that the prepatch looks more and more likely to be the 6th rather than the 29th... the only thing we got is a customization preview... xD Even though the Old Soldier cinematic didn't released at a "standard" time, but very late in the day iirc...
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

I mean if we rate the latest E-Mail from Blizzard as the 14 day end of PvP season, the 6th seems likely.

If they do not announce the pre-patch tomorrow I highly doubt it’ll be the 29th.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean if we rate the latest E-Mail from Blizzard as the 14 day end of PvP season, the 6th seems likely.

If they do not announce the pre-patch tomorrow I highly doubt it’ll be the 29th.
    They already gave the warning on monday, which to my memory is 9-14 days before the pre-patch itself.

I was going by Sondrelk, but to my personal knowledge the shortest was 4 days. https://www.wowhead.com/news=254192/...rrives-july-19
    Okay, if it was legion then that might actually be true and we could see it as late as sunday. At this point they've also warned enough that the expansion is coming to an end, so even the PvP and last minute completionists have no reason to complain. They've been warned for over a month now.

Okay, if it was legion then that might actually be true and we could see it as late as sunday. At this point they've also warned enough that the expansion is coming to an end, so even the PvP and last minute completionists have no reason to complain. They've been warned for over a month now.
    Yep, there has been multiple warnings and we are within the timeframe to receive an announcement. I don't think there are any delays or anything though, it would probably push the entire expansion back a week or two if they did.

Yep, there has been multiple warnings and we are within the timeframe to receive an announcement. I don't think there are any delays or anything though, it would probably push the entire expansion back a week or two if they did.
    I doubt they would push the expansion back if something were to cause a delay. I can't see the pre-patch ranking exceptionally high on their priority list. At this point I would only expect some major issues with SL itself to delay it. And frankly all of the current issues can be hot-fixed half-heartedly after launch by flat number modifiers or disabling certain checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    no more things for shadowlands, they have no money for comics and there is definitely no CGI. Release - October 6th.
    So, are we just going to forget about Legion or BFA's comics? SL not getting comics doesn't mean shit tbh...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and let me remind everyone here for incase you guys forgot: Old Soldier released AFTER BFA's Pre-Patch. Not the other way around. My comment on the Jailer Cinematic coming out before Pre-patch was a mere hope. We're still getting it.

I doubt they would push the expansion back if something were to cause a delay. I can't see the pre-patch ranking exceptionally high on their priority list. At this point I would only expect some major issues with SL itself to delay it. And frankly all of the current issues can be hot-fixed half-heartedly after launch by flat number modifiers or disabling certain checks.
    I still think they should have gave it another month and release it in November. The covenant/class issues and what not. But I guess that isn't happening anymore. The sooner the pre-patch, the better. Even 5.4 didn't bug me as much as 8.3, probably because SL is way juicer than WoD sounded.

They already gave the warning on monday, which to my memory is 9-14 days before the pre-patch itself.
    That’s exactly what I said was referring to. The 29th just seems more and more unlikely, if it’s next week why would they be so incredibly secretive about it?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

Oh, and let me remind everyone here for incase you guys forgot: Old Soldier released AFTER BFA's Pre-Patch. Not the other way around. My comment on the Jailer Cinematic coming out before Pre-patch was a mere hope. We're still getting it.
    This. If we get nothing in october, then that's worrying.

That’s exactly what I said was referring to. The 29th just seems more and more unlikely, if it’s next week why would they be so incredibly secretive about it?
    They're not? They've announced the pre-patch date up 4 days before it. We're sitting at 6 days before the 29th.

This. If we get nothing in october, then that's worrying.

They're not? They've announced the pre-patch date up 4 days before it. We're sitting at 6 days before the 29th.
    They could have easily given us the date (if it’s the 29th indeed) with the preview of the pre patch content earlier this week. They chose not to.

If they were planning a pre patch release on the 29th they for sure did know this earlier this week, too.

They could have easily given us the date (if it’s the 29th indeed) with the preview of the pre patch content earlier this week. They chose not to.

If they were planning a pre patch release on the 29th they for sure did know this earlier this week, too.
    They give out the season end warning 9-14 days before, then the date 7-4 days before. There is no issue releasing it on the 29th.

The release candidate, above all else, is the greatest piece of evidence.