Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Blood elves and night elves are so boring

Blood elves used to be mana junkies doing fel, bloodthistle and forcibly bending the light to their will.
    Night elves used to be savage women guerilla fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well they are elves, the most boring race in fantasy across almost all settings.

Dwarves used to be made out of stone.
    Orcs used to be savage and bloodthirsty.
    Undead used to cannibalize.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Are we supposed to wait for some follow up post or? You state what "they used to be" yet give no continuation of what they are now and/or your opinion of them and what you think should happen with them. What exactly are we supposed to gather from the OP lol

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Blood elves used to be mana junkies doing fel, bloodthistle and forcibly bending the light to their will.
    Today on: "Back then everything was better!"

Which is why void elves are objectively the best, I've been saying this for 3 years.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotal View Post
    ... Are we supposed to wait for some follow up post or? You state what "they used to be" yet give no continuation of what they are now and/or your opinion of them and what you think should happen with them. What exactly are we supposed to gather from the OP lol
    He's probably /13andthisisdeep or high.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

In my recent Time Skip Eastern Kingdoms Potential post, I thought it'd be cool if the elves tried to learn shamanism and druidism as a new branch of the Magisters and call themselves geomancers, approaching it from the frost mage perspective of enslaving the elements to do your bidding. Being "geomancers" would be more palatable to the prideful elves than what they'd see as a primitive practice of worshipping nature spirits.

They might only do that for the shaman elements, maybe not nature itself, since even the high/blood elves have reverence for nature and were very sad when they had to burn the Scorched Grove in Eversong Woods to prevent the Scourge advance, and they make you go kill the treants who are trying to regrow the forest there.

You're right that the elves have been sucked of all edginess and everything that attracted people to them in the first place. It only really lasted until the last patch of Burning Crusade. We need our edge back, but it likely will never happen.

In that Time Skip potential post, I also had the night elves led by Maiev in Tyrande's absence, doing what Maiev wanted to do in the Stormrage novel when she wanted to kill Tyrande, take over the night elves, train all the Sentinels to be elite Watchers like herself, and wreck the Horde and reclaim all their land.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-09-24 at 06:29 PM.

All actual races are meant to be played by a loyal good 8 year old child. Else Blizzard missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post
    In that Time Skip potential post, I also had the night elves led by Maiev in Tyrande's absence, doing what Maiev wanted to do in the Stormrage novel, take over the night elves, train all the Sentinels to be elite Watchers like herself, and wreck the Horde and reclaim all their land.
    Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post
    when she wanted to kill Tyrande
    No please!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Which is why void elves are objectively the best, I've been saying this for 3 years.
    It sure feels longer than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It sure feels longer than that.
    Im more interested on how exactly did pumping generic elves full of deviantART juice made them better.

10+ Year Old Account

Or objectively the worse. Maybe.

Or subjectively the worse. Definitely.

But this forum isn’t ready to have that conversation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im more interested on how exactly did pumping generic stuff elves full of deviantART juice made them better.
    Because elf super-fans can’t agree on anything other than their favorite 3 letter word.

OP, the current writers are woke and cannot stand to write anything actually gray. Everything is shining lawful good and a mouthpiece for their politics, or pitch black evil. For example, take them thinking seriously they need to teach the playerbase that war and genocide are bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well they are elves, the most boring race in fantasy across almost all settings.
    That would be humans. Elves are 2nd. Dwarves are 3rd.

This is a very insightful post, thanks for sharing

if being better is being a treacherous rat that endangers the sunwell and kisses the feet of humans for sure

Amen, brother/sister.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    if being better is being a treacherous rat that endangers the sunwell and kisses the feet of humans for sure
    The blood elfs have several counts of treason to their name already, betraying the Alliance, betraying the Kirin Tor, betraying the Horde... so glasshouse and stones.

And well, at least our new boss doesn't want to kill us all for his personal power

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Amen, brother/sister.

- - - Updated - - -

The blood elfs have several counts of treason to their name already, betraying the Alliance, betraying the Kirin Tor, betraying the Horde... so glasshouse and stones.

And well, at least our new boss doesn't want to kill us all for his personal power
    tell me when they betrayed the alliance? Leaving an alliance after the end of a war is not treason anymore when your supposed allies leave you fighting alone

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    tell me when they betrayed the alliance? Leaving an alliance after the end of a war is not treason anymore when your supposed allies leave you fighting alone
    They left it in the middle of the war. And there was not really much of Lordaeron left to fight with them at that point. Their only real grievance was being unfairly treated by Garithos, who treated everyone that wasn't a human unfairly and was suffieciently hated for it by everyone, yet I did not see the Dwarfs leaving the Alliance to join Illidan and the Naga.

It's a going trend with the Blood Elves that they only look out for themselves and do not care at all about their allies. During MoP we have that again twice. First they help Garrosh with the Divine Bell, knowing that 1) They are betraying the Kirin Tor in the process and 2) dooming thousands of lifes. Meanwhile they already talk to the Alliance to rejoin because Garrosh is a danger to them as well.

With the Void Elves it is the same. They do not mind Void Magic, Fel Magic, Death Magic or any other kind, as long as it does not directly threaten themselves.

At best you can call them opprtunists and my point was that it is hillarious for them to call anyone else treacherous.