Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    They've announced the date as little as 5 days iirc. If it's not by tomorrow, then I would agree. There is too much evidence with the season warning and release candidate for them to wait an extra week.
    they normally have multiple release candidates before it actually hits

bfa prepatch announcement was 5 days so im going with that as a minimum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I believe they announced it 2 days before a patch released, actually. So we are still perfectly in the clear for next week.
    it was 5 days according to the wowhead article i found

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    they normally have multiple release candidates before it actually hits

bfa prepatch announcement was 5 days so im going with that as a minimum
    Fair enough, if it's not tomorrow then the 6th is more likely than not. But to my knowledge I don't believe any PTR has received a release candidate without going live the very next week. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They could have easily given us the date (if it’s the 29th indeed) with the preview of the pre patch content earlier this week. They chose not to.

If they were planning a pre patch release on the 29th they for sure did know this earlier this week, too.
    They could have just said the 6th if that was their plan then. We are already massively breaking with the norm if we assume the Pre-pathc will only be 3 weeks, 2 weeks would be an insanely long pre-patch.

I am still on the 29th. It just lines up so well, and I rate them getting new content out for player retention as higher than slightly inconveniencing PvP players. Not to mention that class balance is always for shit in the pre-patch, if that is their issue then I would just say they should release the pre-patch and hotfix as they go, another week isnt going to do much of anything.

Should also mention that the 2 day thing is something I heard somewhere else on this forum, so it might be untrue.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I still think they should have gave it another month and release it in November. The covenant/class issues and what not. But I guess that isn't happening anymore. The sooner the pre-patch, the better. Even 5.4 didn't bug me as much as 8.3, probably because SL is way juicer than WoD sounded.
    They couldn't release it later, beause of they did major SL-S1 progression would fall on the holidays, which most blizz employees would probably have off as well. Same for the players. Delaying it that much would have pretty much ment delaying it another month or two as well into the new year, because evem just launching 2 weeks before christmas would be a major pain for many involved.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They couldn't release it later, beause of they did major SL-S1 progression would fall on the holidays, which most blizz employees would probably have off as well. Same for the players. Delaying it that much would have pretty much ment delaying it another month or two as well into the new year, because evem just launching 2 weeks before christmas would be a major pain for many involved.
    more time wouldnt change their minds about covenants btw. so people who think they should take more time for that are out of luck.

they have 4.5 weeks to tune and debug as much as they can, then it will go live. with bugs and problems, like every other xpac to this point.

Very true, I completely forgot about the holiday season this year, lol.

Delaying hte expansion at this point wouldnt do much more than screw up their schedule. Most of what would need more time are things that can be changed in a hotfix, and whatever more substantial changes would have to wait until 9.1 or even 9.2, so migth as well just get 9.0 out so the devs can focus on those patches instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Very true, I completely forgot about the holiday season this year, lol.
    Not to worry, at the rate we are going the world as a whole will forget that it is normally a time for celebration as well.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I might have missed this but, for Soul Bind rows are those all open at the start or is that gated by renown?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I might have missed this but, for Soul Bind rows are those all open at the start or is that gated by renown?
    It's gated by renown. First 3 renown levels are the first 3 rows.

Now, I remember in the Alpha talking about how Renown levels per covenant were shared among all your characters. Since no ones been talking about it, is it still that way? Or has it changed? If I've unlocked several rows on my Kyrian soulbinds, go over to another character in shadowlands who is also Kyrian, those same rows will be unlocked as well, right?

The rows are gated by renown. There are some spreadsheets out there which row unlocks in which week and the resulting considerations for covenants if you care about early progression, as the last row will be pretty much halfway through the first patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It's gated by renown. First 3 renown levels are the first 3 rows.

Now, I remember in the Alpha talking about how Renown levels per covenant were shared among all your characters. Since no ones been talking about it, is it still that way? Or has it changed? If I've unlocked several rows on my Kyrian soulbinds, go over to another character in shadowlands who is also Kyrian, those same rows will be unlocked as well, right?
    I don't think that was ever the case? Afaik you just get a decent catchup which leaves you about 1 week behind everyone else worst case, even if you switch. I wouldn't make sense to share them as you need to level each covenant individually as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On another note, you can finally get the three braid appearance seen in my profile picture with the new Dwarf customization. The first dwarf of the new models can finally be realized!
    Your new and forever main?
    They already gave the warning on monday, which to my memory is 9-14 days before the pre-patch itself.
    IDK why people keep missing they told us that the season is ending on Monday. This is like hte third time since Monday someone just missed that post.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Having a temporary big floofy dwarf beard slowly made me fall in love with that look, i will definitely make an alt identical to that though!

IDK why people keep missing they told us that the season is ending on Monday. This is like hte third time since Monday someone just missed that post.
    Yeah it was pretty blatant.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-09-24 at 06:58 PM.

I don't think that was ever the case? Afaik you just get a decent catchup which leaves you about 1 week behind everyone else worst case, even if you switch. I wouldn't make sense to share them as you need to level each covenant individually as well.
    What decent catchup? I thought that was it, and so far that's the *only* thing resembling a catchup mechanic and you're telling me that's not the case. Making characters level different covenants separately makes sense, but the same covenant multiple times doesn't.

The release candidate, above all else, is the greatest piece of evidence.
    Not really, as I wrote in another post yesterday. Release candidate to live can mean anything. For BfA we had two release candidates where the live patch came 11 days later, one came 4 days later and another one 6 weeks later (that was because of Christmas and New Year). Release candidate doesn't mean it'll be live with the immediate upcoming maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

If we go by that, pre patch on 29th makes no sense as the season end warning comes two weeks prior to a pre patch and not one week before.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not really, as I wrote in another post yesterday. Release candidate to live can mean anything. For BfA we had two release candidates where the live patch came 11 days later, one came 4 days later and another one 6 weeks later (that was because of Christmas and New Year). Release candidate doesn't mean it'll be live with the immediate upcoming maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

If we go by that, pre patch on 29th makes no sense as the season end warning comes two weeks prior to a pre patch and not one week before.

Didn't know that, I concede to that point, but the 29th still makes sense for the typical warning days usually being 9-14 days before the patch day.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know that, I concede to that point, but the 29th still makes sense for the typical warning days usually being 9-14 days before the patch day.
    I could have seen them sneaking it in on the 29th if we'd gotten confirmation of the 29th by today. Maybe they can do it Friday yet. But for sure if we don't hear the 29th by the weekend, it's the 6th.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They already gave the warning on monday, which to my memory is 9-14 days before the pre-patch itself.
    Could you point me to that warning that says "the pvp season will end on xx-xx-2020"?
    because to me generic "stuff will end some time soon" don't count. They give a date for the end of the pvp season ahead of time and have not yet done so.

- - - Updated - - -

Please point me to the post saying "pvp season will end on xx-xx-2020" because to me a generic "stuff will end sometime soon" doesn't count. As far as I know their end of season announcements have always included a date.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Could you point me to that warning that says "the pvp season will end on xx-xx-2020"?
    because to me generic "stuff will end some time soon" don't count. They give a date for the end of the pvp season ahead of time and have not yet done so.
    Wrong. They give dates a week before.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...he-post-season

If we don't have a date by tomorrow or the weekend, then it will be the 6th.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-09-24 at 08:02 PM.

Y'all really this pressed by the Pre-patch date? Dude, I'm just pressed by the fact that the Expansion's probably not going to be fully finished once it's released.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys...

If you lose in the Twisting Corridors (VIA The Jailer kicking you out with the Tarragrue), you have to restart the Layer all over again from Floor 1.

you dont open your 3rd soulbind til week 7, you dont fully open them until week 16 or so.