Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This is all complete rubbish. There is no batching today and things like that function perfectly fine, because those abilities were and are designed to function that way.
    No, you can't do most of this stuff anymore. The stuff that you still can do (e.g. shatter for mages) had their mechanics changed specifically so it would work without batching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

Yup, batching is simply not necessary. He's just making phantom arguments for the sake of standing his ground by this point.
    I literally said they could make changes to make these mechanics function without batching (they would have to do A LOT if every change was individual) but sure bud.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    #nochanges would like a very stern conversation with you
    #nochange also comes with #stayshit

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This is actually quite easy: SW: Death for example could simply have the incoming damage ~1 second later, and even the above mentioned classes could be easily changed without needing spell batching for it.
    I'd be on board if it held true for all such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Balance was better in 2.4.3 than in every previous state of TBC but it could be far better, especially for the dot-classes. But for the rest yes you are right: these requirement should stay, and blizzard please balance this time the dungeons not as they were in 2.4.3 but on a much more difficult state as they were around 2.0
    Even if classes were more balanced in 2.4.3, they might not be with 2.0 gear in 2.4.3 patch.

I'm sure private servers have tried that out or whatever.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Even if classes were more balanced in 2.4.3, they might not be with 2.0 gear in 2.4.3 patch.

I'm sure private servers have tried that out or whatever.
    Blizzard will create TBC with 2.4.3 in mind. So yes, raids will be much easier than before. Raids in general are easier, and classes are better balanced for the last raid, and that's nearly always more difficult than the rest of the game.

I agree I hope they will modernise the game a bit, but those nochange fanatics will surely do what they can to keep the game unbalanced.

Dual talent is important to keep both PVE and PVP alive. I won't bother joining BG for example on my lock if I'm deso/demo specced. Constantly respecing will get tiresome fast. But if I had dual spec I could be my old favourite spec deep affliction for BG and deso for PVE.

Seal of blood will causes major imbalance since players know belf paladins are better and judging how players are min maxing vanilla I expect more in TBC with harder content.

Intentionally add server latency is stupid if these nochange crowd wants classic TBC experience then they could throttle their connection with simple programs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A time limit on arena matches.

Something a little more controversial, but they really should do something to address what will otherwise be extreme population imbalance in favor of Horde. I don't know if giving seal of blood to Alliance would even be enough, but it's going to be a nightmare on pvp servers and queue times if they don't do something.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Don't like 2 as it's a direct change to the core of the game; game should NOT be balanced, it's the attempt at balancing the game taht has "casualized" WoW and triviliazied many RPG elements in the current iteration. Let the game be unbalanced and fun; plus lore wise, Blood Seal doesn't make any sense for Alliance.
    The issue i have with this is the drawback it will most likely create: Horde side will become even more favored by people who care about performance, which will then obviously imbalance a lot of servers and lead to insane queue times for Battlegrounds.

I'm in favour for authenticity, but it should be done with the drawbacks in mind and in this case, they are too big to justify to keep it authentitic in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    I absolutely love this expansion. However, it has some flaws that could be easily adressed.

1) Double talent spec. Being this implemented is super good for the PVP scene. It'll help keeping it alive, so people can do PVE and BG/arenas without having to pay a chunk of money for it. Im the kind of person that likes to log in and do a couple bgs and then go for a few heroic dungeons for example.

2) Blood Seal for Alliance Paladins. This one isn't as important as the other for me, but I think it's very good to keep factions balanced, and not forcing all ret players to go horde.

3) Remove spell-batching. Unnecessary +400ms perma lag that makes the game unplayable
    This is already done. It's called retail.
    Go play that.

Dual spec wasn't in tbc. So I hope they don't implement it in classic tbc. If you want to use seal of blood then play a blood elf paladin. Spell batching shouldn't be included.

if its implemented, it isnt tbc classic, you get what you asked for,

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    I absolutely love this expansion. However, it has some flaws that could be easily adressed.

1) Double talent spec. Being this implemented is super good for the PVP scene. It'll help keeping it alive, so people can do PVE and BG/arenas without having to pay a chunk of money for it. Im the kind of person that likes to log in and do a couple bgs and then go for a few heroic dungeons for example.

2) Blood Seal for Alliance Paladins. This one isn't as important as the other for me, but I think it's very good to keep factions balanced, and not forcing all ret players to go horde.

3) Remove spell-batching. Unnecessary +400ms perma lag that makes the game unplayable
    No to all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the 50g requirement in TCB to respec is negligible at best. You get that in a half-hour doing daily quests

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The issue i have with this is the drawback it will most likely create: Horde side will become even more favored by people who care about performance, which will then obviously imbalance a lot of servers and lead to insane queue times for Battlegrounds.

I'm in favour for authenticity, but it should be done with the drawbacks in mind and in this case, they are too big to justify to keep it authentitic in my opinion.
    This mindset is exactly what is ruining the game "OMG X THING IS DOING 1% MORE DMG! BALANCE PLZ". Jesus, just play the game for what it's supposed to be, an adventure MMORPG. Who gives a shit if something does slightly more damage, especially in old content that didn't even need a fully optimized raid when it was current.

In my opinion it depends what it is. A lot of what I liked about TBC was the class balance. Vanilla is just absolutely broken, but paladins being your AOE tank and warriors having strong single target threat added to the class fantasy. If you make things like haste affect dots you have to dramatically rework shadowpriest and warlocks because they would be broken. As an affliction warlock main, I would rather just take BC how it was than gamble Blizzard fucking the balance entirely.

Dual spec? Yes, that would be awesome.

Achievements added in their 3.0 form? Sure. Transmog? Okay. This doesn't negatively affect gameplay, creates new markets, and actually adds additional gameplay for people.

Raid finder / groups finder? No. This takes away from the sense of the world and is detrimental to world PvP more than flying. A group finder where you find other players ONLY on your realm and you still manually go to the dungeon would be okay I think.

I honestly have a hard time finding anything with BC I would absolutely change outside of dual spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    This mindset is exactly what is ruining the game "OMG X THING IS DOING 1% MORE DMG! BALANCE PLZ". Jesus, just play the game for what it's supposed to be, an adventure MMORPG. Who gives a shit if something does slightly more damage, especially in old content that didn't even need a fully optimized raid when it was current.
    Doesn't change the fact that this mindset is a reality as we've seen in Classic and 30min+ BG queues and alongside any PvP Server becoming 100% Horde dominated isn't worth doing it.

#Nochanges

if you want changes, play retail

I’m 100% not going to lie. I was a crazy hardcore and I mean HARDCORE no changes guy for classic. And I completely regret it.

I don’t think that way anymore for tbc. If it’s something such as alliance having seal of blood or dual spec, im honestly completely for it. Does that mean I’m open minded to shit like no flying? Absolutely not. But I think there could be a couple of things that could make the game much better. Such as removing that patch that got rid of attunements

I wonder how many people in the thread are for changes but against layering... Sorry but making big changes to the game is opening pandora's box. Where do you stop?