10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    its strange you say this about me when i've posted that calling the cops on anyone is a good way to get that person shot.
    What saying that supporting the right to bear arms in America means jack shit because said right has chiefly been an instrument for legal protection of anti-Black militias?

Not everything is about you. Still waiting for proof of all this violence and destruction, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Despite the fact that 93% of BLM protests have been peaceful. Right.

Sorry, you were saying something about 'proof'?

Also "bend the knee"? What is it with right wingers and being unable to separate reality from fiction? This is as bad as "only a sith thinks in absolutes" which I've seen tossed around as an example of good philosophy and not an indictment of binary thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Question.

If you have a country where people are told from birth that people with brown eyes are superior, are people born in that country with brown eyes more or less likely to think they are superior to people with other eye colors?

Think carefully before you answer, because this actually has been experimentally verified.
    Question? where did you go to school that they taught you this? because i grew up in the south and nowhere was there a course that claimed white folks are better than others. What was taught was humans, regardless of skin color are all capable of horrors and that europeans took advantage of the most world because they had the means to do so. Just like all human tribes have done so with in their area of influence.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

We're in agreement on that point, which is why deconstructing the western cultural narrative so concepts like 'race' become obsolete is so important.
    That has already happened thx for trying to reinvent the wheel again. And it's the SJW´s that constantly nagging about race.

That requires an analysis of the culture and systems, however. And when you continually stonewall said analysis the pressure builds up until it finds and outlet in the form of civil unrest. Like so.
    And yet the black community is not thriving. Not in America or Europe and especially not in Africa. If its there is analysis to be had it's there.

We did warn you. And we are lucky what Black people are looking for is equality and not revenge.
    /roll eyes

What saying that supporting the right to bear arms in America means jack shit because said right has chiefly been an instrument for legal protection of anti-Black militias?

Not everything is about you. Still waiting for proof of all this violence and destruction, btw.
    the proof is the smoldering part of the cites, the minorities who had their livelihoods burned down.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Question? where did you go to school that they taught you this? because i grew up in the south and nowhere was there a course that claimed white folks are better than others.
    What was taught was humans, regardless of skin color are all capable of horrors and that europeans took advantage of the most world because they had the means to do so. Just like all human tribes have done so with in their area of influence.
    The lack of self-awareness, lol.

Y'all don't realise how painting "western civilization" as "the culmination of natural processes of human development" reinforces the myth of race and is also false, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

the proof is the smoldering part of the cites, the minorities who had their livelihoods burned down.
    Facts don't care about your feelings. The vast majority of the protests have been peaceful ergo it is unfair to paint BLM as a violent organization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    That has already happened thx for trying to reinvent the wheel again. And it's the SJW´s that constantly nagging about race.
    And yet the black community is not thriving. Not in America or Europe and especially not in Africa. If its there is analysis to be had it's there.
    You really don't see how these two statements contradict one another, huh?

If there are differing outcomes between racial groups then either a) race is a thing meaning society has not 'moved past race' or b) it is still systemically racist and has still not 'moved past race'.

Christ and allah.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Y'all don't realise how painting "western civilization" as "the culmination of natural processes of human development" reinforces the myth of race and is also false, huh?
    again, who taught you this? I wasn't taught it and i went to school in Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Facts don't care about your feelings. The vast majority of the protests have been peaceful ergo it is unfair to paint BLM as a violent organization.

- - - Updated - - -

You really don't see how these two statements contradict one another, huh?

If there are differing outcomes between racial groups then either a) race is a thing meaning society has not 'moved past race' or b) it is still systemically racist and has still not 'moved past race'.

Christ and allah.
    Most police actions are done without people getting killed and such, so it is unfair to paint them as a corrupt organisation. see what I did here?

An organization that generalizes others for the actions of the few will be judged by its own metrics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, Texas, that state known for the accuracy and lack of bias in their educational system as of last year.

A 2018 report from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), “Teaching Hard History: American Slavery,” found that more than half of teachers (58 percent) polled weren’t happy with their textbooks and almost 40 percent said that their state offered little or no support for teaching about slavery.

King said there’s also the issue of what teachers themselves learned in the textbooks they read as students because “we regularly saw egregious and racist references to black people as late as the 70s.” The birth of black studies programs and the “new” social history, the popularity of Alex Haley’s Roots, and civil rights activism helped usher in curricular changes. The NAACP, for example, had a textbook committee that monitored how schoolbooks portrayed black communities and history. But sometimes, so did groups such as the Confederate Veterans of America, which released a 1932 report decrying one textbook’s portrayal of Jamestown as a raggedy settlement that didn’t compare well with New England’s early colonies.

Even if most textbooks are no longer overtly racist, it doesn’t mean pedagogy has sufficiently changed. Over the past decade, school districts around the country have come under fire for the way they teach slavery, including incorporating slavery references into math equations.

In 2012, an Atlanta elementary school posed this homework question: “If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week? Two weeks?” And just last year, San Antonio, Texas parents complained about a history homework assignment that asked eighth graders to list positive and negative aspects of slavery. Turns out the activity was directly tied to a textbook used by the school for about 10 years. Prentice Hall Classics: A History of the United States argued that all slaveowners were not cruel: “a few [slaves] never felt the lash,” and “many may not have even been terribly unhappy with their lot, for they knew no other.”

It’s no surprise then that, according to the SPLC report, only 8 percent of high school seniors surveyed knew that slavery was the central cause of the Civil War, 12 percent understood slavery was important to the Northern economy, and just 22 percent could identify how the Constitution benefited slaveowners.

Textbooks have been a part of the culture wars for a long time, said King. In the late 1990s, scholar Leah Wasburn analyzed slavery representation’s in US history textbooks used in Indiana, and she noted how the religious right influenced textbooks in the 1980s and’90s. During this period, there were more conservative references to how Christianity got the enslaved through hard times, as well as traditional family rhetoric that said the wives of slave owners (which assumed women weren’t slaveowners themselves) took care of the enslaved in motherly ways.

King explained, “It boils down to money and politics. One of the strategies of conservative politicians is taking over state school boards, where textbook policies are been adopted.” Seats on those boards are often appointed, and large states — those who can deliver big sales to publishing companies and may require school systems to buy particular textbooks — have a massive say in what content makes its way into student’s hands and minds.

Texas, for example, earned a reputation for inserting dubious information and interpretations about the nation’s creation, evolution, and slavery into its school books. In one case, Moses — he of the Ten Commandments — was listed as a Founding Father, and enslaved people were referred to as immigrant workers in a textbook caption a student flagged in 2015. And this is a problem that transcends the Lone Star state; as a New York Review of Books analysis of the state’s curricular curation stated in this epigram: “What happens in Texas doesn’t stay in Texas when it comes to textbooks.”
    Again, this shit is frequently studied and analysed but y'all keep dismissing it as SJW propaganda and then act surprised when it has real world consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

An organization that generalizes others for the actions of the few will be judged by its own metrics.
    I never want to hear you complain about people saying ACAB again, then. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Most police actions are done without people getting killed and such, so it is unfair to paint them as a corrupt organisation. see what I did here?
    Y'all really out here thinking a voluntary organisation that is funded by interests and has a specific mission profile is like the same thing as a whole ass racial demographic, huh?

I'm not sure why I'm surprised considering this is the same set of people that think having your store burned down is the same thing as being killed. Because they are so utterly divorced from any idea of hardship they cannot conceive of anything worse than temporary financial inconvenience.

Linking to a SPLC report which claims a lot but backs up little. How surprising...

You dont get taught that bc its one of the dumb things they teach you at college. My anthropology teacher was unsufferable like that too (-_-)

Ah yes, Texas, that state known for the accuracy and lack of bias in their educational system as of last year.

Again, this shit is frequently studied and analysed but y'all keep dismissing it as SJW propaganda and then act surprised when it has real world consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

wait so because my education in texas did notinclude some misconception that whites are superior, is proof that my education had the misconception that whites are superior? the fuck?

also, i'm all for ACAB. All Communists Are Bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BdWolf View Post
    Linking to a SPLC report which claims a lot but backs up little. How surprising...
    Ok, burner. Better than the complete dearth of links and "well, the fact 93% of protests have been peaceful doesn't matter because of how much the remaining 7% upset me personally" I've been getting thus far.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all really out here thinking a voluntary organisation that is funded by interests and has a specific mission profile is like the same thing as a whole ass racial demographic, huh?

I'm not sure why I'm surprised considering this is the same set of people that think having your store burned down is the same thing as being killed. Because they are so utterly divorced from any idea of hardship they cannot conceive of anything worse than temporary financial inconvenience.
    I guess you never talked to someone owning a store and to someone that saw his own store turn to ash.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait so because my education in texas did notinclude some misconception that whites are superior, is proof that my education had the misconception that whites are superior? the fuck?
    No, I'm saying that you clearly are not in a position to be objectively assessing how much or how little bias you had in your educational system because you seem to think racial supremacy needs to be spelled out in block print.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I guess you never talked to someone owning a store and to someone that saw his own store turn to ash.
    Nah, but I do have a friend by the surname of Matsudaira whose grandparents had their first store taken away and never restituted as a result of internment and both she and her family are still BLM supporters. And an extended family who fled the Junta in Greece who are still BLM supporters. I also do have a partner whose grandparent is like...you know. German Jewish. Who is also a BLM supporter.

I guess you've never talked to anyone who's actually been a victim of government oppression before, huh?

Ok, burner. Better than the complete dearth of links and "well, the fact 93% of protests have been peaceful doesn't matter because of how much the remaining 7% upset me personally" I've been getting thus far.
    Citation needed for 93% of protest have been peaceful. Or is this the same person saying all whites are racist because a few are, all policemen are corrupt/racist because a few are?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, but I do have a friend by the surname of Matsudaira whose grandparents had their first store taken away and never restituted as a result of internment and both she and her family are still BLM supporters. And an extended family who fled the Junta in Greece who are still BLM supporters. I also do have a partner whose grandparent is like...you know. German Jewish. Who is also a BLM supporter.

I guess you've never talked to anyone who's actually been a victim of government oppression before, huh?
    Wow, I know somebody who is black, that means I can't be racist, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Citation needed for 93% of protest have been peaceful. Or is this the same person saying all whites are racist because a few are, all policemen are corrupt/racist because a few are?
    93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

Inb4 "Time magazine is a liberal rag" or some other nonsense that avoids the point that it is a citation against a complete absence of evidence to the contrary, el oh el.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I know somebody who is black, that means I can't be racist, right?
    I wasn't the one making the argument that I needed to personally know a store owner or whatever nonsense to have an opinion on the situation. Reading comprehension s'il vous plait.

No, I'm saying that you clearly are not in a position to be objectively assessing how much or how little bias you had in your educational system because you seem to think racial supremacy needs to be spelled out in block print.
    more like you demand others accept your view of it as truth and if they dont you parade that as proof that they are. Fuck that. This notion is no better than one who claims skin color determines criminal behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    more like you demand others accept your view of it as truth and if they dont you parade that as proof that they are. Fuck that. This notion is no better than one who claims skin color determines criminal behaviour.
    I'm fairly sure the only thing I've been demanding here is sources for the claims of violence and authoritarianism and have been met with nothing but deflection and fallacious arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    You dont get taught that bc its one of the dumb things they teach you at college. My anthropology teacher was unsufferable like that too (-_-)
    unsufferable
    ...Hm. No comment.

Also are you really trying to imply they aren't college educated? Lol.

I'm fairly sure the only thing I've been demanding here is sources for the claims of violence and authoritarianism and have been met with nothing but deflection and fallacious arguments.
    Thats nice, ill continue to point out how your worldview and ideology is racist and the means you use to push that worldview uses violence and intimidation, in other words its authoritarian.