7+ Year Old Account
    So just wondering for those who have been playing Beta, we have 4 new reps plus Ven'ari as a friend in the maw right?

I feel like this pre-patch should have came out early this month, it's a pretty game changing one, would suck to only have three weeks with it, especially since 8.3 is dry as hell right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What decent catchup? I thought that was it, and so far that's the *only* thing resembling a catchup mechanic and you're telling me that's not the case. Making characters level different covenants separately makes sense, but the same covenant multiple times doesn't.
    the catchup is that if you arent at max reknown you can do stuff to get caught up. you know, a catchup mechanic.

what you want is accountwide reknown, and that was neversomething they said would happen.

nothing useful will ever be accountbound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Y'all really this pressed by the Pre-patch date? Dude, I'm just pressed by the fact that the Expansion's probably not going to be fully finished once it's released.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys...

If you lose in the Twisting Corridors (VIA The Jailer kicking you out with the Tarragrue), you have to restart the Layer all over again from Floor 1.
    no xpac is ready for launch when it launches. there is always something more that they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    no xpac is ready for launch when it launches. there is always something more that they can do.
    This is true, but I think BFA made everyone well aware of that, so people are more wary of getting another Azerite system.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    the catchup is that if you arent at max reknown you can do stuff to get caught up. you know, a catchup mechanic.

what you want is accountwide reknown, and that was neversomething they said would happen.

nothing useful will ever be accountbound.

- - - Updated - - -

They best get to fixing all of the glitches in some zones then.

They best get to fixing all of the glitches in some zones then.
    Yea they're probably touching up things now like void elf underwear and small things like that.

Anything substantial in the PTR update that just went out?
    I assume not, but you never know.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Another PTR build, also marked RC. 2 in a week.

The plot thickens.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Could you point me to that warning that says "the pvp season will end on xx-xx-2020"?
    because to me generic "stuff will end some time soon" don't count. They give a date for the end of the pvp season ahead of time and have not yet done so.

- - - Updated - - -

Please point me to the post saying "pvp season will end on xx-xx-2020" because to me a generic "stuff will end sometime soon" doesn't count. As far as I know their end of season announcements have always included a date.
    Then you're saying we won't get the pre-patch until the 13th at the earliest now? Because if the generic "the season will be ending soon" doesn't count without a firm date then that means the 6th is out now as well.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Guess all we can do is wait.
    I still feel confident we are looking at a pre-patch next week seeing as it has everything going for it, whereas the 6th of October only really has the lack of a concrete date.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Another PTR build, also marked RC. 2 in a week.

The plot thickens.
    It's probably ready for release they're just keeping it updated to match the beta until it is released.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I was afk, was there a build? I didn't get anything I don't think unless it downloaded that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I was afk, was there a build? I didn't get anything I don't think unless it downloaded that quickly.
    Just a tiny PTR one. Most likely just some tiny bugfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Just a tiny PTR one. Most likely just some tiny bugfixes.
    *prays for void elf underwear*

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh just checked, still no void elf underwear.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-09-24 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    That Jailer picture on the PC Mag doesn't look like a Blizz cinematic to me. I don't know why people think it is - the artstyle is completely different.
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/981771.jpg
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150808063356
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eYNCCu0y-Is/maxresdefault.jpg
    https://i.redd.it/eyzv4j4elkh41.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/O5O3xjT.gif

Looks similar enough to me.

Jesus, the detail in Blizzard's cinematics are insane...

Seriously.
    Everytime a different studio tried to step up to their level, they raised the bar. That's the one thing they've always been good at.

It looks nothing like those. The Jailer looks like he's from a live-action action movie. The other cinematics still have a "this is clearly not live-action" quality to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks nothing like those. The Jailer looks like he's from a live-action action movie. The other cinematics still have a "this is clearly not live-action" quality to them.
    ...All the others look like live action to me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They all look identical. Look how realistic Anduin is.