10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Actually I WAS forced to join the union or I couldnt have my job
    *ahem*

Move out of the city if you want something other than asphalt and concrete. Nobody made you live there. Parks are unnecessary
    Find another job, if you want something that isn't a union job. Nobody made you take a union job.

On topic:

1) McConnell was very specific that there would be an orderly change, even if Trump loses.

2) The USPS responded to a court request to halt dismantling sorting machines, by saying "They're already broken and can't be repaired". There is still no word from the USPS who gave the order.

3) Virginia moves to block a Trump rally, calling it a "severe public health threat." I think we all Cain understand that.

4) This Axios article details a list of reasons Trump has proven bad for business. An example: TikTok.

5) Munchkin recently said that talks were back on with Pelosi -- once again, McConnell basically didn't say anything. Pelosi is bringing a $2.4 trillion bill just like last time, so, if there's any changes it's on the WH side of things.

6) Europe is having a second wave. There is no reason to believe we won't follow -- Europe is taking this more seriously as a whole than we are.

7) Trump is running an attack ad, claiming that Biden once used a telepromptor in an interview. One, Trump uses a telepromptor all the time. You've seen it. Two, the ad is fake. The host of the interview said he was the one reading questions off it.

8) Our Ruling

A Trump campaign ad claimed, "Joe Biden tried to cut Social Security and Medicare for decades. ... Now Biden’s promising your benefits to illegal immigrants."

It’s misleading to say that Biden for decades tried to cut Social Security and Medicare. His overall record is mixed. The ad also gives the wrong impression that Biden is trying to take benefits away from Americans and grant them to immigrants illegally in the country. That’s not Biden’s plan.

Biden wants to allow immigrants illegally to buy health insurance, without subsidies. That would not take away Ameicans ability to buy their own insurance.

We rate the ad’s claims Mostly False.
    9) PolitiFact also dinged Biden for saying Trump oversaw the worst jobs drop in history. He was given Half-True because (a) Truman was worse, and (b) it wasn't all Trump's fault. That's fair. I will remind everyone, however, that Trump promised 25 million new jobs, and even stopping at 2019, he was nowhere near on pace to do that. He was actually performing at a level almost as good as Obama.

10) And this OP ED article brings up an interesting question. Trump wants to replace a SCOTUS judge right now. He's made that super clear, as have the hypocrites of every single GOP Senator who was here in 2016 (plus any who agreed with the 2016 decision, even if they weren't in power yet). Problem is, this spot is likely the last one he's going to get. Would holding it hostage help him? Related, we've seen that literally everyone except Trump has announced there would be a smooth transition of power on Jan 20. Would they be so keen to hold to the building blocks of democracy, if Trump held that SCOTUS seat hostage?

Notice I didnt mention cable because that isnt a taxpayer funded thing (unless youre lazy and on welfare). Police IS funded by taxes and as such, rural residents SHOULD be entitled to police protection
    The fuck does this even mean? Do you think police in those rural areas don't protect people?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-camp-n1240901

An armed California man who is alleged to have driven his truck into a crowd of peaceful racial justice protesters this year was using his family's vineyard as a "training camp" to prepare for "civil disorders," federal authorities said Wednesday.

Benjamin Hung, 28, was charged with one count of conspiracy to transport firearms and making a false statement in acquisition of firearms, according to a criminal complaint filed this week in U.S. District Court for Central California.

In the complaint, an FBI agent named Diamond Outlaw said that Hung was arrested after he accelerated a Dodge Ram adorned with several flags embraced by right-wing extremists and a license plate that read "WAR R1G" into a crowd in Pasadena, northeast of downtown Los Angeles.

The complaint describes the vineyard as a "tactical training camp" and shooting range that Hung and others planned on using amid a spike in conspiracy theories related to the coronavirus pandemic. In a text message cited in the complaint, Hung is alleged to have called it "our very own shoot house."

In a photo included in the complaint, Hung can be seen wearing a shirt with the logo of the 3 Percenters, a far-right militia group.
    Very fine people indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ben Hung?
    Diamond Outlaw?
    wtf?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Ben Hung?
    Diamond Outlaw?
    wtf?
    Hung isn't an uncommon last name, but you made me double check to make sure it wasn't a spoof site with the "Diamond Outlaw" mention because I legit didn't process how hilarious that name is for a FBI agent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hung isn't an uncommon last name, but you made me double check to make sure it wasn't a spoof site with the "Diamond Outlaw" mention because I legit didn't process how hilarious that name is for a FBI agent.
    I would have let "Hung" pass, but alongside Diamond Outlaw all silliness is augmented, and sticking to the important silly issues is what I do.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Ben Hung?
    Diamond Outlaw?
    wtf?
    The aliens running our simulation have gotten really lazy with their naming schemes

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about Trump's E.O. to protect pre-existing conditions.

It's not worth the paper it's printed on.

1) Executive Orders aren't laws. They can change how the laws are enforced, but the existing ACA does that.

2) Trump is trying to repeal the ACA in SCOTUS. If he succeeds, his E.O. cannot modify the application of the law, because the law won't exist.

3) The text of the E.O. has not been released. This is America. There is no such thing as a law, E.O., or other enforced action that you don't get to see. If you can't see it, it can't be enforced. End of discussion.

4) What little they have said is that WH policy is to protect E.O. This has as much effect on legal proceeding as me claiming to be Neutral Good in a court of law.

Trump is a liar. He lies all the time about everything. His E.O. does nothing.

45,355 new cases, roughly 1k fewer than last Thursday.

Texas: 4,435 new cases; 138 deaths
    California: 3,266 new cases; 89 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Wisconsin: 2,392 new cases; 6 deaths
    Illinois: 2,257 new cases; 30 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,688 new cases; 40 deaths
    Missouri: 1,670 new cases; 29 deaths
    Georgia: 1,368 new cases; 49 deaths
    Iowa: 1,221 new cases; 8 deaths
    Utah: 1,198 new cases (new record); no deaths reported
    Arkansas: 1,086 new cases; 17 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,083 new cases; 11 deaths
    Michigan: 1,078 new cases; 6 deaths
    Alabama: 1,053 new cases; 18 deaths
    New York: 1,043 new cases; 5 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,021 new cases; 17 deaths

Second-highest totals ever for Wisconsin as things continue kicking off there. South Dakota broke their record for the second day in a row. Most of the Midwest continues trending up and, given some numbers I'm watching from various southern states it seems as if the South will rise again. *ahem*

943 deaths brings the total to 207,538. I'm pleased that the totals continue to come down as we would expect but I do think they'll level off to about a 700-800 daily average which still isn't great. Florida is still reporting monster numbers (172 today) despite their number of cases "miraculously" dropping over a month and a half ago, so take from that what you will.

Related News:

Parents knowingly sent kids with coronavirus to school, Wisconsin officials say
    College reopenings could be to blame for 3,000 new coronavirus cases per day in the US
    Trump claims White House can overrule FDA's attempt to toughen guidelines for coronavirus vaccine

So, irresponsible parents and school/college openings are fucking us a bit right now and Trump's desperate bid to get a vaccine out snel to save his election means he's willing to sacrifice the safety of millions of people for votes. A move that surprises nobody.

Stay safe, folks.

5+ Year Old Account
    The urban vs rural tangent needs to end here. Continue to stay on topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

You just wanna tell him "guess what sweetheart if you and your fellow Trumpsters had their way once you got rid of the Blacks, the Mexicans, the Muslims and the Gays. You don't think your white Trumpsters "friends" aren't going to turn on the Asians when all is said and done? They only tolerate you and your people because you are their token minority and they have more hated minorities to go after. If those minorities are gone they will turn on you so fast. Won't matter you wore all your white supremacist gear and helped get rid of all the other "undesirables" because you just became the new "undesirable" your Trumpster friends will turn their ire on."

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Fuck Florida.

Second-highest totals ever for Wisconsin as things continue kicking off there. South Dakota broke their record for the second day in a row. Most of the Midwest continues trending up and, given some numbers I'm watching from various southern states it seems as if the South will rise again. *ahem*

943 deaths brings the total to 207,538. I'm pleased that the totals continue to come down as we would expect but I do think they'll level off to about a 700-800 daily average which still isn't great. Florida is still reporting monster numbers (172 today) despite their number of cases "miraculously" dropping over a month and a half ago, so take from that what you will.

Related News:

College reopenings could be to blame for 3,000 new coronavirus cases per day in the US
    Trump claims White House can overrule FDA's attempt to toughen guidelines for coronavirus vaccine

So, irresponsible parents and school/college openings are fucking us a bit right now and Trump's desperate bid to get a vaccine out snel to save his election means he's willing to sacrifice the safety of millions of people for votes. A move that surprises nobody.

Stay safe, folks.
    Green bay is rocking the most people hospitalized with covid that we have seen yet this outbreak. Between labor day and people tailgating this fall is going to suck hard.

Okay, I guess I should have posted a bit of GOOD news too:

Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity, researchers suggest

Ultimately, people who are eschewing masks because "MURICA!" might only be seriously endangering themselves after all. Big loss.

Face masks may be inadvertently giving people Covid-19 immunity and making them get less sick from the virus, academics have suggested in one of the most respected medical journals in the world.

The commentary, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, advances the unproven but promising theory that universal face mask wearing might be helping to reduce the severity of the virus and ensuring that a greater proportion of new infections are asymptomatic.

If this hypothesis is borne out, the academics argue, then universal mask-wearing could become a form of variolation (inoculation) that would generate immunity and “thereby slow the spread of the virus in the United States and elsewhere” as the world awaits a vaccine.

It comes as increasing evidence suggests that the amount of virus someone is exposed to at the start of infection - the “infectious dose” - may determine the severity of their illness. Indeed, a large study published in the Lancet last month found that “viral load at diagnosis” was an “independent predictor of mortality” in hospital patients.

Wearing masks could therefore reduce the infectious dose that the wearer is exposed to and, subsequently, the impact of the disease, as masks filter out some virus-containing droplets.
    I'd take it with a pinch of salt given that it's not a fully realised study yet but there are some promising signs that this might be the case. Fingers crossed.

Fuck Florida.

Related News:

Stay safe, folks.
    To be fair, the number of new cases per day added during the school year, if universities were entirely online might have been more than 3000 per day. The very wealthy schools that conduct surveillance testing of their students and faculty and strictly enforce mask wearing and social distancing are fairing extremely well.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I guess I should have posted a bit of GOOD news too:

Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity, researchers suggest

Ultimately, people who are eschewing masks because "MURICA!" might only be seriously endangering themselves after all. Big loss.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt given that it's not a fully realised study yet but there are some promising signs that this might be the case. Fingers crossed.
    Face masks would literally end this pandemic if we had near 100% compliance. That much has become abundantly clear. Trump and his ilk that reject masks are now directly responsible for the perpetuation of this pandemic and the continued negative impact on our lives, our economy, and our children and their educations.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-09-25 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Green bay is rocking the most people hospitalized with covid that we have seen yet this outbreak. Between labor day and people tailgating this fall is going to suck hard.
    Why are they tailgating? They can’t get into the games...

- - - Updated - - -

Stay safe, folks.
    When did you start speaking German?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    943 deaths.
    Damn, I was hoping we'd get further below the 1,000 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    When did you start speaking German?
    Oh I just figured it's a language Trump's people would be more familiar with.

Thankfully Dutch is close enough to German I'll be able to understand them a good bit of the time and warn the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Damn, I was hoping we'd get further below the 1,000 mark.
    It's about where I expected us to be this week...maybe hit 1k again tomorrow. But as I said I do think it'll continue to go down to a lower plateau around 700-800 daily average to match the 35k-45k new cases we've had for the past month or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    If these tailgating bitches shut down NFL this year... I will not be pleased... AEW is already in shacks ground, with... Murder Hawk Lance Archer... pulling out of events due to covid. It was fun while it lasted...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think it'll continue to go down to a lower plateau around 700-800 daily average to match the 35k-45k new cases we've had for the past month or so.
    So, another 24,000 dead in October.

Awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If these tailgating bitches shut down NFL this year.
    Pac-12 is back on. It seems like sports people want to get back into it -- hopefully safely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Pac-12 is back on. It seems like sports people want to get back into it -- hopefully safely.
    That’s the thing... couple of pro wrestling companies have been doing no fan events this whole time. It has been safe... literally until yesterday morning. One wrestler got it... several didn’t show for the Wednesday night event... the expectations are that this will be wide spread through the company.

Edit: oh and the really scary part... since these are mostly well trained athletes. The guy who got it, his “manager” is Jake Roberts, who checks every single high risk category. Every single one... they have been doing promos together, without masks, as late as last Wednesday. He was one of the performers that wasn’t there last night...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-25 at 02:55 AM.