Thread: Names....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just use alt codes when i cant get the name i wanna use.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Nobody wanted your names, or at least not on your realm.
    No, it's that names are not released unless you don't log into the account at all. Not touching individual characters has no bearing.

It seems weird in a fantasy setting not being able to give yourself a last name. I feel like people would enjoy being able to change names to be in the same families as one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    It seems weird in a fantasy setting not being able to give yourself a last name. I feel like people would enjoy being able to change names to be in the same families as one another.
    See I'm the opposite. I'd rather not give my toons a last name.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    And when are we going to be able to choose the name we want for our character?
    right now, they are all already used by someone ...
    it is unfortunate to have to give the characters stupid names without any meaning ...

I think the best solution would be to be able to use the one we want, but in a non-visible way it would be linked to our battletag.
    It is impossible to have a rogue maiev, or a lilith demon hunter .... or a dk darion .... a brox warrior .... they are names that are always busy, I refuse to become a magician called cäpultroê

I absolutely refuse, it is stupid.
    Isnt every 2nd Expansion they release named that havent been used in Last 2?
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    And when are we going to be able to choose the name we want for our character?
    Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!

The answer is: November 23, 2004! But only if you get it within the first five seconds after the server comes up.

In like 90% of the time, I am able to get the name I want for my character. Since I am mainly playing on an RP realm, or even when I am not, I prefer to keep my character names somewhat in line with the race I am playing. For example, usually when I make a human for example I'd go on with something like "Conwell", "Gunther" or whatever, in order to add something akin to "Sergeant Conwell" or feel alike to something like that to it.

Of course that mainstream names like "Lllidan" or whatever, variations of already pre-existent characters will be busy and unavailable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The WoW Armory literally has all those names as level 120 characters, including Brox and Broxigar.
    I have just checked and I did find Arthas and a few others. Super weird. I could have sworn they were unavailable a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Speaking of names, your username here is fantastic.
    Awww, thank you <3

They could just do what was done with cross server characters, but instead of the server name they could use your BattleTag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I have just checked and I did find Arthas and a few others. Super weird. I could have sworn they were unavailable a few years back.

Awww, thank you <3
    The list of unavailable names is ever expanding. Maybe Broxigar was not in it at launch?
    In vanilla we had a guild member by the name of Gruul, was asked to change names some time after TBC release. (Presumably after someone reported him)
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Naming yourself after established lore characters is also stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    for me,what is stupid is a character named with a stupid no sense name invented....an empty character......

but if blizzard create a nice aleatory names thing for name ur character.....

Do you not have a shred o imagination to come up with a name on your own? Or switch some letters to create an even better name?

Heh, here is my little warrior alt:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...nzebeard/magni

Notice the realm name. I think it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    All they need to do is add surnames.
    Hell if they could add sir names they could have done server mergers instead of connected realms.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Do you not have a shred o imagination to come up with a name on your own? Or switch some letters to create an even better name?
    I take pride in coming up with my own names and stories... then again D&D highly encourages you to use your imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Yeah, basically it's a cringe level of prepubescent teen that has to roleplay Mary Sure version of Jaina in Goldshire (or Sylvanas in Silvermoon). You can go to Argent Dawn EU or Moonguard US and find tons of wannabe powerful lore figures because all they wanna roleplay as is "look at me mom, I'm OP!"

And yes, afaik Roleplaying Realms have a policy against naming yourself after major lore figures, doesn't prevent people from doing it, and when forced to rename, just putting 3 ascii vowels in there to circumvent the RP naming policy.

Just allow the dozen or so Arthas in a pug. No one gives a crap about that anyways. It already happens.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-09-25 at 04:28 PM.

Shoutout to myself who claimed all the cool names back in 2006! We don't do `´`¨' `