Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    i'm betting for a 2 weeks pre patch now. even though a one week pre patch could be reality.
    they're working hard on classes.
    they would never release officially an "unfinished" patch and keep listening to feedback during pre patch.

yes they constantly do that, but doing so in the current state would be too obvious and create unnecessary bad press, saying that they no longer "release when it's ready", even though it's true, but it would go viral and will be very bad right before an expansion.
    What??????

I can't believe this thread has devolved into two sides arguing over whether or not 6.5 days counts as a week or not Oh wait, actually I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    i'm betting for a 2 weeks pre patch now. even though a one week pre patch could be reality.
    they're working hard on classes.
    they would never release officially an "unfinished" patch and keep listening to feedback during pre patch.

yes they constantly do that, but doing so in the current state would be too obvious and create unnecessary bad press, saying that they no longer "release when it's ready", even though it's true, but it would go viral and will be very bad right before an expansion.
    PTR is currently Release Candidate lol it is ready to release.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    um because it was an in game cycle..... the vendor has 52 corruptions, 13 a week - week split into two 6 & 7
    A 4 week/ ~monthly cycle, which started around 18th May 2020 (wowhead.com/guide=changelog&id=10321). We started with IT1, HM1, ST2, M2, EX3, and TA3 (mmo-champion.com/content/9147-Preserved-Contaminants-Now-Available-For-Purchase).

I'll be honest, I think it's just chance that it lines up as the same rotation, and not an active decision. The fact that rotation dates were updated through to 6th October was never official, and done only by the community. The fact that the 6th is even mentioned would imply that we should expect the corruption vendor to actually still be selling those items (and them having an effect) even on 6th October, which would therefore imply the patch would arrive later.

We knew that Shadowlands was being delivered in fall 2020 back when the Pandemic response kicked off, but it is unlikely that an exact prepatch date had been decided at that point. Rather, they likely had a rough idea to within a month, but not down to an exact date. The last 20% of development of any piece of software is always the most time consuming and most difficult to estimate for the reason that you're fixing up things that are already in tightly integrated systems, and changing 1 thing can often have a domino effect further down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena Finals are this weekend, there's nothing after that keeps the PVP season to continue. So it can absolutely be the 29th. It would be 2 weeks on the background downloader as is usually the length patches are there.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No it does not.
    in technicality yes, but in reality no.
    sorry buddy but you might wanna check the release date again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Arena Finals are this weekend, there's nothing after that keeps the PVP season to continue. So it can absolutely be the 29th. It would be 2 weeks on the background downloader as is usually the length patches are there.
    That was never really something that would have kept it anyway, AWC is played on separate realms that they could have kept on 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    lmao that makes 0 sense just letting you know, saying it does not come out on the 26th, but then saying it does? Shadowlands releases on the 26th of October.

“World of Warcraft: Shadowlands” is scheduled to launch globally at 4 p.m. PDT on October 26, 2020." This makes you look stupid sorry to say.
    You realize you took that from the US website and for all the other regions of the world it is the 27th? The Americas is the only region that's not the 27th. sigh

I expect Americans not to know the rest of the world exists, but a little surprising from someone in Canada tbh. Maybe my appraisal of Canadians is too high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    sorry buddy but you might wanna check the release date again.
    Or maybe you need to learn how the rotation of our planet interacts with the calendar. Love the intersection of ignorance and condescension though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You realize you took that from the US website and for all the other regions of the world it is the 27th? The Americas is the only region that's not the 27th. sigh

I expect Americans not to know the rest of the world exists, but a little surprising from someone in Canada tbh. Maybe my appraisal of Canadians is too high.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe you need to learn how the rotation of our planet interacts with the calendar. Love the intersection of ignorance and condescension though.
    No need to be like that man, what they said was dumb, saying, in reality, it does not? when in fact it does, what should have been said, it releases 26th/27th, I am in Canada so yes it releases on the 26th for me, why would it matter to me that it releases on the 27th for Europe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It was 4 https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=20176410, your point still stands though lol

That means they announced it on a saturday, which is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't a full 2 weeks most often, wod's end of season into legion was 11 days, legions into bfa was 12 (may have reversed those two), 8 days wouldn't be that weird considering its still technically 2 lockouts, though that's the very end of technically lol.

That bluepost is time stamped for 11:30pm on July 15th, which as a U.K player means it was announced at 3:30pm US (LA) time on a Friday, not a Saturday.

*Edit* Just noticed on another page you acknowledged that yourself, sorry a few pages behind atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We've known the season was going to end soon since they announced the expansion.

What we STILL don't have is a warning of the closure of the season - that's what I was looking for, and what doesn't exist.

e.g. the two week notice of the start of the current PVP season occurred on the 7th of January, giving a 1 week notice of the end of Season 3 of BfA.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...xt-week/404053
    You don't get that notice for the end of expansion Season.

You didn't in the build up to BfA and you won't in the build up to Shadowlands. That WAS the notice. Whether that was an 8 day notice or a 15 one is yet to be seen.

You can see that here; https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...he-post-season

The only announcement that followed this one was the actual announcement of the pre patch going live, 5 days after that announcement (July 12th, pre patch July 17th).

Has this forum really degraded to arguing about 3 weeks or 2 weeks 6 days 9 hours? I thought I have seem it all over the last 12 years on here. This is a new low in arguing for the sake to arguing.

Sorry I have been on here only 11 years 11 months
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Has this forum really degraded to arguing about 3 weeks or 2 weeks 6 days 9 hours? I thought I have seem it all over the last 12 years on here. This is a new low in arguing for the sake to arguing.

Sorry I have been on here only 11 years 11 months
    But is it REALLY 11 years and 11 months exactly? I bet its really more like 11 years 10 months and 27 days.

No need to be like that man, what they said was dumb, saying, in reality, it does not? when in fact it does, what should have been said, it releases 26th/27th, I am in Canada so yes it releases on the 26th for me, why would it matter to me that it releases on the 27th for Europe?
    You were a dick and you were wrong. That's why "I need to be like that". No, what they were saying was not dumb ... it wasn't exactly how I would have expressed it since I would have anticipated the illiterati like you would jump on it with your snarky responses, but it is much more accurate to say it is a 10/27 release with some parts of the world technically still 10/26 than it would be to say the opposite.

I guess if any one of the development team for Wow are reading this thread, they are laughing their asses off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You were a dick and you were wrong. That's why "I need to be like that". No, what they were saying was not dumb ... it wasn't exactly how I would have expressed it since I would have anticipated the illiterati like you would jump on it with your snarky responses, but it is much more accurate to say it is a 10/27 release with some parts of the world technically still 10/26 than it would be to say the opposite.
    Hey man, just to let you know the 26th where Blizzard is located is also the 27th for you. Blizzard is actually a company based in California, therefor the game is released on October 26th at 4pm PDT.(And you can convert it to your time for release unless you live in China, then who knows when you'll get the game)

I know it's a bit hard using context, but even if the game is released on the 27th for you europeans; it's still not 3 weeks of prepatch, since you know, your reset is the 28th then...
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

PTR has Brewfest with the level squish so again no logic there. Pre-Patch is launching 29th mark my words!
    300k gold bet that’s it’s not?

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Hey man, just to let you know the 26th where Blizzard is located is also the 27th for you. Blizzard is actually a company based in California, therefor the game is released on October 26th at 4pm PDT.(And you can convert it to your time for release unless you live in China, then who knows when you'll get the game)

I know it's a bit hard using context, but even if the game is released on the 27th for you europeans; it's still not 3 weeks of prepatch, since you know, your reset is the 28th then...
    I would not worry about people that don't listen, I was not even being mean or saying anything offensive and the guy calls me a dick lol you just cannot win with them, we can all come back on Tuesday when patch releases and on the 26th when Shadowlands releases, and see what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Everythingzen View Post
    300k gold bet that’s it’s not?
    Ah yes, just like all the people betting that "Fall" meant December loool

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    but even if the game is released on the 27th for you europeans;
    1. The game is released on the 27th for EVERYONE ... and that's because we only have one way of specifying a date/time for everyone (UTC). Blizzard themselves has stated it releases on the 27th ... at 12:00AM on the 27th.
    2. All precedent is gone ... the PVP announcement precedent and the prepatch precedent can no longer both be true, unless the precedent of releasing the expansion on the announced date is itself gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Ah yes, just like all the people betting that "Fall" meant December loool
    Firstly - if people meant 'the fall of civilisation' - they may still be correct

But seriously - isn't Fall 'Autumn' and doesn't the US have a bizarre idea of not starting seasons until they were half way through - so isn't the 15th of December 'Fall' in the US.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. The game is released on the 27th for EVERYONE ... and that's because we only have one way of specifying a date/time for everyone (UTC). Blizzard themselves has stated it releases on the 27th ... at 12:00AM on the 27th.
    2. All precedent is gone ... the PVP announcement precedent and the prepatch precedent can no longer both be true, unless the precedent of releasing the expansion on the announced date is itself gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly - if people meant 'the fall of civilisation' - they may still be correct

But seriously - isn't Fall 'Autumn' and doesn't the US have a bizarre idea of not starting seasons until they were half way through - so isn't the 15th of December 'Fall' in the US.
    No, it does not release on the 27th for everyone (That would mean it would be the 27th everywhere in the world which is impossible) because it will be the 26th when it releases for me as well as blizzard which is located on the west coast of the USA. how hard is that for people to grasp?