Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If there is a cinematic, just thinking about it, could it portray something of the events that happen before the SL launch? Like could it show Thrall, Jaina, Anduin and Baine being kidnapped? Since it's staggered that would put it into week 1 or 2 after the prepatch, wouldn't it?
    With them incorporating high quality cinematic into the game (the Makgora), I can see that happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    its not about performance or anything like that

its simply "how will this system work"
    Conduits drop from raids, dungeon, pvp, world quests etc.

You activate it, it gets added to your "Conduit Book". If you get the same one again, you upgrade it.

You can buy an item with Stygia in the Maw that either upgrades a Conduit you have, or gives you a random one.

Its really not that difficult lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    So if we don't get patch date today safe to say it's the 6th?
    Honestly, if We do not get an announcement by Saturday I would even say the 6th, or they could announce it 2 days before. COVID has really changed everything in the world so if something changes that are not normal that could be the cause, as far as I know, they still have people working from home?

So if we don't get patch date today safe to say it's the 6th?
    The 29/30th is still going to be a strong possibility until Monday, I would say.
    Though it is definitely getting less likely by the day.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The 29/30th is still going to be a strong possibility until Monday, I would say.
    Though it is definitely getting less likely by the day.
    They won't say "Patch tomorrow btw lol"

If it isn't today it's not happening Tuesday. They'll give us the weekend for sure.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If it's on the 6th it's going to be the first pre patch that's lasted less than 4 weeks, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So seeing as we get to meet Ysera in SL, does that mean we get to meet Deathwing too?
    Galakras maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So seeing as we get to meet Ysera in SL, does that mean we get to meet Deathwing too?
    Galakras maybe?
    Galakrond as a maw raid Boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They won't say "Patch tomorrow btw lol"

If it isn't today it's not happening Tuesday. They'll give us the weekend for sure.
    I mean, they could say it announces the next day, there isnt anything really preventing them from doing so. All players should know the pre-patch is coming, and while it is a bit of a dick move you could argue that making the pre-patch a week shorter is equally bad.

Though I guess we will see, personally I don't really see any good reason for Blizzard ot delay the pre-patch at this point. The classes will be unbalanced either way until we hit level 60, so might as well just rid the bandaid off and hotfix if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Didn't know that, I concede to that point, but the 29th still makes sense for the typical warning days usually being 9-14 days before the patch day.
    I didn’t know that either, I checked it because I was curious about it. Release candidate most of the time means it comes within the next two maintenances (in general).

- - - Updated - - -

If it's on the 6th it's going to be the first pre patch that's lasted less than 4 weeks, no?
    This is only the case if the release date for the expansion isn’t pushed back for several weeks. Sure, that’s unlikely, but I wouldn’t completely rule it out yet.

And expecting an announcement of the pre patch on Monday that it’ll drop on Tuesday... lol. This is never going to happen.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

they havent

when conduits were first introduced and ranks were discovered they7 were asked how it would work
    It's based on the iLvl of the Conduit drops. It says that right in the announcement of the rank and collection system, if you had ever bothered to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the true prepatch were the friends we made along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    At this rate two weeks into SL prepatch will be SL launch.
    I think pre-patch will be October 6th now, so yeah, close enough, but considering the event is pretty hum-dum this time around I'm not complaining too much to be honest.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I can't imagine the pre-patch being shorter than 3 weeks, doing so would really undercut the importance of the event, not to mention potentially excluding quite a few from an event that will never happen again, at least in the same form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we are (or should be) getting close to release, what classes are actually good this time around?

7+ Year Old Account
    Since we are (or should be) getting close to release, what classes are actually good this time around?
    Necromancer, Tinker and Bard.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Shadow Priest is really strong and fun after the rework. Warlock is looking very strong as well, Mage is good too.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll let you know when they're done with class balancing... I mean covenant tuning. That's what passes for class changes these days, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Galakrond as a maw raid Boss?
    I could see Galakrong being used for something during Shadowlands, so him being a raid boss does not seem that far off imo

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    With them incorporating high quality cinematic into the game (the Makgora), I can see that happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Conduits drop from raids, dungeon, pvp, world quests etc.

You activate it, it gets added to your "Conduit Book". If you get the same one again, you upgrade it.

You can buy an item with Stygia in the Maw that either upgrades a Conduit you have, or gives you a random one.

Its really not that difficult lol
    we only know about the stygia item

currently if you have the same conduit as one you already have you cant learn it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's based on the iLvl of the Conduit drops. It says that right in the announcement of the rank and collection system, if you had ever bothered to read it.
    well look at that

two different answers due to no clarification

also theres no testing that shows that which is why people are concerned over it because 155 is the base conduit and you dont get higher ilvl even at max renown which increases the world quest drops and the conduits in the journal dont change ilvl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    We'll let you know when they're done with class balancing... I mean covenant tuning. That's what passes for class changes these days, right?
    cant wait for teh constant tuning leading to ppl complaining about being able to swap back after saying its fine if youre not a min maxer
    Last edited by razorpax; 2020-09-25 at 12:04 PM.

well look at that

two different answers due to no clarification

also theres no testing that shows that which is why people are concerned over it because 155 is the base conduit and you dont get higher ilvl even at max renown which increases the world quest drops and the conduits in the journal dont change ilvl
    That's a rather different thing than Blizzard not telling us, though. And i'm not sure where Makorus got that idea from, that's not even being hinted at.