Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    yes, there are more sanlayn who are loyal to the jailer now.
    They are raised by Mawsworn now, so I guess that does not include giving them free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    sanlayn as customization void elf !! the void elf has DK customization anyway and there might be a sanlayn who wants to join the void elves
    Well, when void elves were formed, san'layn were not part of Umbric's group, so I don't they should get that option. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind, but in that case, prepare for rivers of tears from blood elf community, which requests san'layn for blood elves. Most blood elf fans are not really happy how little customizations they get and complain all the time void elves got their skin tones, so void elves getting san'layn skins while blood elves don't will make a lot of people upset. I don't think it'd be fair to blood elves either.

To be honest, best scenario would be san'layn allied race on the Horde to show they are their own independent group with selected classes fitting to them. I'm not sure if we ever get another allied race though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    They are raised by Mawsworn now, so I guess that does not include giving them free will.

Well, when void elves were formed, san'layn were not part of Umbric's group, so I don't they should get that option. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind, but in that case, prepare for rivers of tears from blood elf community, which requests san'layn for blood elves. Most blood elf fans are not really happy how little customizations they get and complain all the time void elves got their skin tones, so void elves getting san'layn skins while blood elves don't will make a lot of people upset. I don't think it'd be fair to blood elves either.

To be honest, best scenario would be san'layn allied race on the Horde to show they are their own independent group with selected classes fitting to them. I'm not sure if we ever get another allied race though.
    I am prepared anyway it is not something that worries me I prefer that the lore of the blood elves stay healthy

This is the best scenario, I hope it will happen one day for all San'layn fans. Blizzard could also add dark ranger customization to them.
    That way there would finally be a new updated skin because for now the san'layn are physically identical to the DKs.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Brooooooooo, it would be SIIIIIIIIIIIICK if Blood elves could get customizations like Kael'thas has there, I always wanted the whole San'layn / Blood mage look. That is so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    This is the best scenario, I hope it will happen one day for all San'layn fans. Blizzard could also add dark ranger customization to them.
    That way there would finally be a new updated skin because for now the san'layn are physically identical to the DKs.
    The only issue I have with undead skin on blood elves is that would be available for paladins as well, which makes very little sense. While there are undead using Light, they are extreme rare exceptions.

Dark ranger customization is basically only red eyes + undead skin, so san'layn would not need to have anything special to fullfil this fantasy other than hunter and rogue class. New updated vampiric skin would be cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    well yes of course; I meant "all available/playable classes" of course by default no Warlocks and Shamans, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

if I'm not mistaken the Quel'lithien High Elves became Wretched in Cata, which was like 3 years in lore time after the Sunwell was restored
    Night Elves could get Shamans and Paladins the same way Tauren got Paladins and Priests - just say they represent something else. The resto shaman artifact was used by Aszhara after all (and looks weird with all the current races tbh).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Dark ranger customization is basically only red eyes + undead skin, so san'layn would not need to have anything special to fullfil this fantasy other than hunter and rogue class. New updated vampiric skin would be cool.
    It's true, we can say that ultimately the dark ranger is no longer an exclusive for the blood elf model since the Forsaken also obtained the red eyes. It just became a personalization for the undead.

Not High Elf news, but seems all the DK hair colors will be freed to all classes! That's just awesome for more options all around, and it interestingly also overlaps more the options between BE and VE, with shades of blue now available to both not only as DK's.

TBH, if I didn't enjoy autumnal aesthetics so much on Blood Elves, I might use blue/silver hair on one of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not High Elf news, but seems all the DK hair colors will be freed to all classes! That's just awesome for more options all around, and it interestingly also overlaps more the options between BE and VE, with shades of blue now available to both not only as DK's.

TBH, if I didn't enjoy autumnal aesthetics so much on Blood Elves, I might use blue/silver hair on one of mine.
    If it's true, then it's another victory.

Silver haired High elf would be awesome !
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    If it's true, then it's another victory.

Silver haired High elf would be awesome !
    Indeed, but so far nothing on that, just that BE DK hairs are now available to all classes. Just pointing out there's no a bigger overlap of blue-ish hair in VE/BE.

But I do think that lifting such hair color restrictions for all races bids well to what options we will get when AR get updated.

Indeed, but so far nothing on that, just that BE DK hairs are now available to all classes. Just pointing out there's no a bigger overlap of blue-ish hair in VE/BE.

But I do think that lifting such hair color restrictions for all races bids well to what options we will get when AR get updated.
    Where exactly did you see this is for sure happening? Last I saw was players lamenting that they took DK hair colors away from non-DK Night Elves. I mean, I hope you're right, I really do, I just want to see where you saw this is actually going to happen (was it a twitter post or something?).

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news...in-shadowlands

That's so cool, a sharing of hair colors between blood elves / void elves now please Blizz !

For 3 years I have fought so that void elves could have pink skin tones like Alleria. Now I shall fight so that void elves can have blonde hair options like Alleria. The fight to look like Alleria will never end. We are going after the braids once the blonde hair is available.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    For 3 years I have fought so that void elves could have pink skin tones like Alleria. Now I shall fight so that void elves can have blonde hair options like Alleria. The fight to look like Alleria will never end. We are going after the braids once the blonde hair is available.
    It is also my goal, to one day be able to resemble a high elf who masters the void like Alleria. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Where exactly did you see this is for sure happening? Last I saw was players lamenting that they took DK hair colors away from non-DK Night Elves. I mean, I hope you're right, I really do, I just want to see where you saw this is actually going to happen (was it a twitter post or something?).
    French with the link!

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news...in-shadowlands

That's so cool, a sharing of hair colors between blood elves / void elves now please Blizz !
    I had seen Ion's tweet about it myself but didn't hunt it down to source it; figured it was going to spread since since it came from himself, and here it is!

But yeh, the loosening of aesthetic restrictions is just great, and makes me hopeful for the options AR will get when it comes to them.

Honestly I think we will get lot of hair color options with them overall.

- - - Updated - - -

It is also my goal, to one day be able to resemble a high elf who masters the void like Alleria. <3
    It's just kinda silly when you can't replicate the fantasy of your faction leader; that was always a huge issue with Sylvanas, and then they went and did it again with her sister Alleria, lol.

So yeah, I do hope we are allowed to get closer to her look soon, and specially, to see her ranger aesthetics adapted to a Void Elf sensibility -or just as, since it still remains an aspect of Thalassian culture barely touched upon- Would be amazing to see more braided hairstyles, tattoos and feather decorations, but imagine so with a void twist -braids with tentacles, void-feathers and shimmering purple to blue tattoos for example-

Awesome TY! Glad to hear that these options will be available regardless of class!

Now just give DKs two more eye color options, bloody red and unholy green, which get distributed to all the other classes too .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    Now just give DKs two more eye color options, bloody red and unholy green, which get distributed to all the other classes too .
    At SL announcement of expanded customization, my first thought was "based on covenant" and TBH I still think that eye color options based on covenant would be so cool.

Everyone could get those green maldraxxus eyes, or red Venthyr ones

At SL announcement of expanded customization, my first thought was "based on covenant" and TBH I still think that eye color options based on covenant would be so cool.

Everyone could get those green maldraxxus eyes, or red Venthyr ones
    That sounds really cool! I could get on board with that for sure.

Bastion blueish white and Night Fae dark blue would look amazing as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    That sounds really cool! I could get on board with that for sure.

Bastion blueish white and Night Fae dark blue would look amazing as well!
    *finger guns* bingo!