Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Thats the trap Blizz keeps falling for making specs too similar and uniform, specs having differences is fine, really wish they would concentrate on changes that matter.
    The good thing is all specs now have Wake of Ashes which his a nice generator in a pinch.

I just want lights hammer back on prot....... just that single change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The good thing is all specs now have Wake of Ashes which his a nice generator in a pinch.
    its just ret that have it

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I just want lights hammer back on prot....... just that single change

- - - Updated - - -

its just ret that have it
    Oh I thought they made it a class wide ability? It would be super useful for tanking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I thought they made it a class wide ability? It would be super useful for tanking.
    Afraid not. While it's no longer a talent, it's listed in the 'Ret spells' which only the Ret Spec has access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Afraid not. While it's no longer a talent, it's listed in the 'Ret spells' which only the Ret Spec has access to.
    That hurts my heart lol.

No wake on prot, it is baseline on ret though (which it already felt like before because it was the only good talent in the row).

Did some Prot testing on beta last night. It will take some getting use to, going back to Holy Power and not having charged of SoTR. Yes, we have better up time on SoTR but you don't have it "on demand". With SoTR as charges they were much easier to manage, plus you could use one as you pulled something that trucks. Now you won't have a SoTR up for a few seconds (thanks to GCD changes for BfA) at the start unless:

1) You throw AS at 3 mobs to start
    2) You use Holy Avenger talent and use it as you pull
    3) You use Sanctified Wrath talent + wings as you pull

So not too bad, but it does lock us into certain talents + using these on pull (which you often do anyways). IT almost feels like when SoTR required you to have a target and be in melee range of that target to use. Where we'd get demolished by a pack/boss on pull because they could lands hits before SoTR was up. Same type of thing, that you'll have to be aware of and ready for, or let your other tank (in raid) start the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    No wake on prot, it is baseline on ret though (which it already felt like before because it was the only good talent in the row).

Did some Prot testing on beta last night. It will take some getting use to, going back to Holy Power and not having charged of SoTR. Yes, we have better up time on SoTR but you don't have it "on demand". With SoTR as charges they were much easier to manage, plus you could use one as you pulled something that trucks. Now you won't have a SoTR up for a few seconds (thanks to GCD changes for BfA) at the start unless:

1) You throw AS at 3 mobs to start
    2) You use Holy Avenger talent and use it as you pull
    3) You use Sanctified Wrath talent + wings as you pull

So not too bad, but it does lock us into certain talents + using these on pull (which you often do anyways). IT almost feels like when SoTR required you to have a target and be in melee range of that target to use. Where we'd get demolished by a pack/boss on pull because they could lands hits before SoTR was up. Same type of thing, that you'll have to be aware of and ready for, or let your other tank (in raid) start the fights.
    You just wings on pull and AS + HoW is 3 HP.

What do you think of Maldraxxus ability? Next SOTR will also cast a MOG. Seems strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loriann View Post
    What do you think of Maldraxxus ability? Next SOTR will also cast a MOG. Seems strong.
    Boring

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My understanding is we have really good holy power generation which translates into solid uptime on our AM which is a first for us. Cannot wait to get in the beta to actually see it happen.
    "First for us.." pff.. had 100% uptime in bc and wrath :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Prot using Holy power was done before and then quickly removed as it was terrible, I dont like it, that said I dont like it on Ret or Holy either. They removed Light of the protector and rolled it into Word of Glory but now it requires 3 holy power to use instead of being an instant cast heal. WoG being linked to Judgement via shining light makes this change pretty ..uhh redundant, were they trying to add some complexity to the rotation here ??, The stupid amount of abilities that generate holy power make having holy power at all ... pointless, prot is never at any time going to be starved for holy power.

Meh is how I feel about the changes, Ill adapt or bench my tank to mog faming I guess.

Ill reserve final judgement till level 60 and have access to covenants and leggos but some of the changes just seem well redundant and change simply to change stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

So .. SNAFU for ret then lol.
    so currently on the test server with 15% haste i can keep sotr up 100% of the time just by binding it to judgment and HotR while specced into crusader's judgment.. hmm.. granted if i do it, ill never have any oh shit wog moments unless thats all i use them for.

I'm probably going nightfae on my paladin but kyrian prot amuses me enough to be kind of tempting.

So, you have their covenant ability to launch multiple avenging shields.
    The legendary that makes each avenging shield hit increase the damage of SotR by 30% per stack
    Judge the guilty conduit to increase the damage of SotR on a target hit by judgement by 120% (at max rank)
    Vengeful shock conduit to increase holy damage taken by targets struck by avengers shield by 45% (at max rank)

Basically unless my assumption of how all of these stack together is wrong, once every minute you can grab 5 enemies, judge the priority target and then blow everything up with what effectively sounds like a divine toll > shield of the righteous shotgun for something like... 1500%-ish additional sotr damage?

I'm testing paladin, warrior and dk right now on the Ptr, since weeks because I also can't decide.

I think the maldraxxus ability is the best, because your whole dungeon is about shieldslamming the shit out of everything and only using the free heal every 5 shieldslams (usually. Sometimes I find myself healing alot, but you really can feel the difference with shieldbuff up or not up) and the Maldraxxus ability just gives you another free heal.

So the difference between warrior and paladin is I think, the warrior is fun because you feel a bit like hulk, jumping and charging around, stunning everything and the selfheal isn't too bad right now, but can't be compared to pally or bdk. You are made for preparing the enemy for your group. You reflect their spells, stun them, but you rely on your group to do the job.

The paladin on the other hand IS the group and everyone else is just cheerleading you. That's at least how it feels. You aren't the tank who works hard to protect the group. You are some golden moving ball of flying hammers, glowing ground, throwing shields out, being unkillable and everything feels super easy.
    Popping wings on the start of a fight just feels like even god is approving of you.

That doesn't say who is more 'meta' it's just how it feels playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I'm testing paladin, warrior and dk right now on the Ptr, since weeks because I also can't decide.

I think the maldraxxus ability is the best, because your whole dungeon is about shieldslamming the shit out of everything and only using the free heal every 5 shieldslams (usually. Sometimes I find myself healing alot, but you really can feel the difference with shieldbuff up or not up) and the Maldraxxus ability just gives you another free heal.

So the difference between warrior and paladin is I think, the warrior is fun because you feel a bit like hulk, jumping and charging around, stunning everything and the selfheal isn't too bad right now, but can't be compared to pally or bdk. You are made for preparing the enemy for your group. You reflect their spells, stun them, but you rely on your group to do the job.

The paladin on the other hand IS the group and everyone else is just cheerleading you. That's at least how it feels. You aren't the tank who works hard to protect the group. You are some golden moving ball of flying hammers, glowing ground, throwing shields out, being unkillable and everything feels super easy.
    Popping wings on the start of a fight just feels like even god is approving of you.

That doesn't say who is more 'meta' it's just how it feels playing them.
    I decided to go Night Fae on my Paladin and Kyrian on my DK because the vial with blood seems stupid powerful as a tank.

I decided to go Night Fae on my Paladin and Kyrian on my DK because the vial with blood seems stupid powerful as a tank.
    Tbh I don't know what is stronger in calculations, but having the vial always seems awesome.

I'm picking venthyr on my warrior because I like the combination of condemn and the mad duke last talent. It's like perma 4% vers for the group and 10% for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Tbh I don't know what is stronger in calculations, but having the vial always seems awesome.

I'm picking venthyr on my warrior because I like the combination of condemn and the mad duke last talent. It's like perma 4% vers for the group and 10% for me.
    Sweet haha!

Paladin discord is saying Kyrian is going to be endgame best for prot pallys. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by saerthas View Post
    Paladin discord is saying Kyrian is going to be endgame best for prot pallys. Is that true?
    It could be I'm not too worried about the best choice since I'm in the guild that doesn't give a crap we're all super skillful so it doesn't matter what we take.

I'm looking forward to tanking as prot pally The playstyle is very enjoyable atm.
    Kyrian or Necrolords, have not decided yet but I'm guessing it will be Kyrian.

I'm also in the boat of not knowing what to play.
    Took a break in early legion until two weeks ago.
    Played warrior tank since start of wotlk.... But it just feels so trash and dependant on, there's no reactive control, which is why I started playing tanks, being in control.

I have warr, pala, dh and monk but cant for my life choose one...
    Seems to come down to pala atm, which I've always had as my second progression tank.

Any thoughts on warr vs pala?

10+ Year Old Account
    My Prot paladin isn't wearing a shield in Shadowlands.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1