10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, one more quick thing: remember how Trump kept saying Fauci criticized his China travel ban, that wasn't even a travel ban anyhow?

That's false.

It is true that after participating in a Jan. 24 briefing on Capitol Hill (when only a small handful of COVID-19 coronavirus disease cases had been reported in the U.S.), Fauci said both he and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director Robert Redfield told senators that imposing travel restrictions was “not a good idea at this time” and averred it “would create a lot of disruption economically and otherwise and it wouldn’t necessarily have a positive effect.” He also stated that a travel ban wasn’t something that was being considered at the time

But by Jan. 31, the day that the travel restrictions were announced, Fauci spoke supportively of them during a press briefing:
    Bla bla bla, skip ahead...

During an April 13 Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, Fauci said that he (and others) had recommended the China travel restriction to Trump, and at that same briefing, Trump averred that he and Fauci had been “on the same page” about dealing with the COVID-19 threat “from the beginning”:

FAUCI: The travel [restriction] was another recommendation, when we went in and said, “We probably should be doing that.” And the answer was “yes.” And then another time was, “We should do it with Europe,” and the answer was “yes.” And the next time, “We should do it with the UK,” and the answer was “yes” … There wasn’t anybody saying, “No, you shouldn’t do that.”

Q: To be clear, you and Dr. Fauci are on the same page?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, we have been from the beginning.
    Basically, the only way Trump can even attempt to make this claim, is to refer to a week in which there was no travel ban -- and because there was no travel ban, it's possible to say Trump was against travel bans, too. But instead of that, we have this from Trump:

It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, another 24,000 dead in October.

Awesome.
    I'm hoping for less as medical expertise on the virus continues to improve, but then flu season is starting soon and experts seem divided on whether or not it will make things worse. Some think it will put an extra strain on the healthcare system and others think precautions taken due to COVID-19 will also prevent a decent amount of flu cases. I'm not happy that cases have plateaued at about a 40k daily average considering we had 20-25k daily back at the beginning of the summer but so far it hasn't ballooned TOO far out of control which is what we were fearing. Trump certainly hasn't been helping matters any, but thankfully he's been too distracted with trying to buy votes to do too much harm to the people who are.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'm hoping for less as medical expertise on the virus continues to improve, but then flu season is starting soon and experts seem divided on whether or not it will make things worse. Some think it will put an extra strain on the healthcare system and others think precautions taken due to COVID-19 will also prevent a decent amount of flu cases. I'm not happy that cases have plateaued at about a 40k daily average considering we had 20-25k daily back at the beginning of the summer but so far it hasn't ballooned TOO far out of control which is what we were fearing. Trump certainly hasn't been helping matters any, but thankfully he's been too distracted with trying to buy votes to do too much harm to the people who are.
    You can just look at how the flu season fared in the southern hemisphere, though. It seems that here it was quite more tame.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You can just look at how the flu season fared in the southern hemisphere, though. It seems that here it was quite more tame.
    I learned long ago not to look at how things are going in other countries and try to apply that to the US. Stupidity is a universal commodity but my country has been hoarding it for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Actually I WAS forced to join the union or I couldnt have my job
    So wait your previous montra was if someone was in a job they didn't like because of minimum wage they should just find a new job....

but you didn't just find a new job.....when you were in the same kind of position of not liking your job because of its limitations.

hmmmm.... raging hypocrite alert!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, another 24,000 dead in October.

Awesome.
    Eh, that's virtually no one.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So wait your previous montra was if someone was in a job they didn't like because of minimum wage they should just find a new job....

but you didn't just find a new job.....when you were in the same kind of position of not liking your job because of its limitations.

hmmmm.... raging hypocrite alert!
    He has already admitted to being a stage act in the past. He is trying to be a raging hypocrite. The fact his account hasn't been permabanned yet is beyond crazy.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Notice how your dumbass idea about paving over Central Park to turn it into a parking lot would in no way fix the actual traffic problems of NYC?
    Sounds like Victor Vivisector from Furry Force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's something of a relic, but no - the demographic that used to share that has since been largely abandoned the anarchist label and moved firmly into 'libertarian' or outright fashy territory these days.
    Reminds me of something I read the other day. A lot of the guys who once idolized Tyler Durden are really worried about property damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I remember said rant. It was hilarious.

I also remember when a mod had to stop us for using him (and others) as a measure for stupidity, arguing it was not okay.
    It's been my sig since it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I would have let "Hung" pass, but alongside Diamond Outlaw all silliness is augmented, and sticking to the important silly issues is what I do.
    Almost sounds like 2 stripper names to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    45,355 new cases, roughly 1k fewer than last Thursday.

Texas: 4,435 new cases; 138 deaths
    California: 3,266 new cases; 89 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Wisconsin: 2,392 new cases; 6 deaths
    Illinois: 2,257 new cases; 30 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,688 new cases; 40 deaths
    Missouri: 1,670 new cases; 29 deaths
    Georgia: 1,368 new cases; 49 deaths
    Iowa: 1,221 new cases; 8 deaths
    Utah: 1,198 new cases (new record); no deaths reported
    Arkansas: 1,086 new cases; 17 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,083 new cases; 11 deaths
    Michigan: 1,078 new cases; 6 deaths
    Alabama: 1,053 new cases; 18 deaths
    New York: 1,043 new cases; 5 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,021 new cases; 17 deaths

Second-highest totals ever for Wisconsin as things continue kicking off there. South Dakota broke their record for the second day in a row. Most of the Midwest continues trending up and, given some numbers I'm watching from various southern states it seems as if the South will rise again. *ahem*

943 deaths brings the total to 207,538. I'm pleased that the totals continue to come down as we would expect but I do think they'll level off to about a 700-800 daily average which still isn't great. Florida is still reporting monster numbers (172 today) despite their number of cases "miraculously" dropping over a month and a half ago, so take from that what you will.

Related News:

Parents knowingly sent kids with coronavirus to school, Wisconsin officials say
    College reopenings could be to blame for 3,000 new coronavirus cases per day in the US
    Trump claims White House can overrule FDA's attempt to toughen guidelines for coronavirus vaccine

So, irresponsible parents and school/college openings are fucking us a bit right now and Trump's desperate bid to get a vaccine out snel to save his election means he's willing to sacrifice the safety of millions of people for votes. A move that surprises nobody.

Stay safe, folks.
    If the parents knowingly sent kids to school with the virus, they should be liable for the other people that get sick.

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

Basically FoxNews argues that their viewers are dumb (or not reasonable to be precise)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

Basically FoxNews argues that their viewers are dumb (or not reasonable to be precise)
    I wonder why this judge would rule that way...

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I mean, the judge isn't wrong. In as much as anyone reasonable would turn Tucker Carlson off straight away. But here's the issue. No reasonable person would shoot people. No reasonable person would be racist. No reasonable person would do anything radical or insane.

So really, the prosecutors should turn it around and make a persuasive enough case to show that Tucker Carlson's rhetoric is a danger to society. But that won't happen, because like you said, the judge isn't interested in the truth. They're a Trump appointee.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

No one takes Carlson seriously, and yet an armed man entered a pizza hut to free the children held by Clinton's sex ring.

People are not reasonable, if they were we would be living in a utopia.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Notice I didnt mention cable because that isnt a taxpayer funded thing (unless youre lazy and on welfare). Police IS funded by taxes and as such, rural residents SHOULD be entitled to police protection
    The buildout is absolutely taxpayer funded.

Cable companies have been taking the subsidies to build out to poor/rural areas for decades, yet miraculously they never seem to actually build it.

I thought you were opposed to welfare? Why is corporate welfare that largely funds executive bonuses and stock buybacks okay, but individual welfare that largely funds groceries and rent is not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They absolutely are big enough traitors. Expect nothing less.
    The state officials that certify elections, and the legislators that could vote to overrule the Secretaries if the States, in many cases, are part time or seasonal employees, who have to spend 50% or more of their time living and working out in the community they purportedly represent. Having to actually face your neighbors and explain why you partnered with a dictator to throw out their votes can be a powerful deterrent. Especially in the suburbs where your standing in the community is everything to a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    3) Virginia moves to block a Trump rally, calling it a "severe public health threat."
    UPDATE: Governor of Virginia tests positive.

On Wednesday evening, Governor Ralph Northam and First Lady Pamela Northam were notified that a member of the Governor’s official residence staff, who works closely within the couple’s living quarters, had developed symptoms and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. Both the Governor and First Lady received PCR nasal swab tests yesterday afternoon, and both tested positive. Governor Northam is experiencing no symptoms. First Lady Pamela Northam is currently experiencing mild symptoms. Both remain in good spirits.

Consistent with guidelines from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), the Governor and First Lady will isolate for the next 10 days and evaluate their symptoms. The Governor is in constant contact with his cabinet and staff and will fulfill his duties from the Executive Mansion.

“As I’ve been reminding Virginians throughout this crisis, COVID-19 is very real and very contagious,” said Governor Northam. “The safety and health of our staff and close contacts is of utmost importance to Pam and me, and we are working closely with the Department of Health to ensure that everyone is well taken care of. We are grateful for your thoughts and support, but the best thing you can do for us—and most importantly, for your fellow Virginians—is to take this seriously.”

The Governor and First Lady are working closely with VDH and the Richmond Heath Department to trace their close contacts. The Executive Mansion and Patrick Henry office building will be closed for deep cleaning this morning. The work of the Governor’s office continues remotely and uninterrupted.
    So, yeah, kind of lends weight to the whole "health hazard" issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I thought you were opposed to welfare?
    This is no longer a fair question to ask. More than 40% of 2020 farm income is projected to be direct federal aid. If someone was really against welfare, they'd have to denounce Trump's massive federal handout to farmers, which in turn, was necessary because of the trade war Trump started and hasn't won yet.

- - - Updated - - -

In a development that hasn't been needed recently...ever?...the Pentagon is still refusing to intervene in the upcoming 2020 election.

I don't know if they've ever had to go on the record to say this before, Civil War aside. Can anyone find such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The state officials that certify elections, and the legislators that could vote to overrule the Secretaries if the States, in many cases, are part time or seasonal employees, who have to spend 50% or more of their time living and working out in the community they purportedly represent. Having to actually face your neighbors and explain why you partnered with a dictator to throw out their votes can be a powerful deterrent. Especially in the suburbs where your standing in the community is everything to a lot of people.
    Depends on the person, my brother in law would do it in a heart beat and then tell his own neighbors they were dumbasses for trying to vote against Trump. He also socializes with mainly people as deluded and easily played as he is as he can't handle an intellectual debate and generally just ends with him talking shit, insulting and threatening the person who dares try and make him think or prove him wrong.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    WaPo reports that--

"Paywall."

Um, CNN reports that Trump has retroactively un-nominated a reporter because they criticized Trump in social media. Until recently, "must not criticize Trump in social media" wasn't a requirement for this award, but apparently now it is.

"Surely they meant to say 'incorrectly nominated' as the State Dept clarified at the time."

Oh, that's what the State Dept said. Turns out, the OIG disagreed, saying there was no reason other than social media, and that the State Dept lied about it. In public. On purpose.

WaPo reports that--

"Paywall."

Um, CNN reports that Trump has retroactively un-nominated a reporter because they criticized Trump in social media. Until recently, "must not criticize Trump in social media" wasn't a requirement for this award, but apparently now it is.

"Surely they meant to say 'incorrectly nominated' as the State Dept clarified at the time."

Oh, that's what the State Dept said. Turns out, the OIG disagreed, saying there was no reason other than social media, and that the State Dept lied about it. In public. On purpose.
    They LIED about it? THIS administration?

Shocking news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They LIED about it? THIS administration?

Shocking news.
    But Trump is the most honest president!
    Putin khuliyo

I think you missed the most important part!
    Although the watchdog found that the State Department had acted within its "broad discretion" to rescind the award from Jessikka Aro, it also found that the department lied to Congress and the press to explain why it had done so.