Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And so a new day begins for Blizzard. Time to start up the bets.
    Okay, so...

1. Absolutely nothing today.
    2. Pre-patch content preview blog early next week.
    3. Pre-patch annoucement along with a survival guide video or some in-game trailer later next week.
    4. Pre-patch releases on October 6th.

BONUS. There won't be any Jailer CGI trailer for the pre-patch. If there's one, it's either going to be for Shadowlands launch or some time after.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-25 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Okay, so...

1. Absolutely nothing today.
    2. Pre-patch content preview blog early next week.
    3. Pre-patch annoucement along with a survival guide video or some in-game trailer later next week.
    4. Pre-patch releases on October 6th.

BONUS. There won't be any Jailer CGI trailer for the pre-patch. If there's one, it's either going to be for Shadowlands launch or some time after.
    Imma gonna say 1

I am of the belief we are getting an announcement today, whether for Next week or the one after.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Hopeful for an announcement today; fully prepared for disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Can someone that has played in beta tell me how does levelling work if you choose to not interact with Chromie? Can you just go on your own and do the quests that are out in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Can someone that has played in beta tell me how does levelling work if you choose to not interact with Chromie? Can you just go on your own and do the quests that are out in the world?
    It is like it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the #SavageDisappointment ?
    Feels old. Time for a #DeathlyDisappointment

If you don't talk to Chromie to pick an expansion, they'll have level caps below 50 (basically what the original level caps would be after the squish). When you choose an expansion with Chromie, it'll scale up to 50 while levelling.

I'd definetely go talk to Chromie, though - she doesn't force you to do the expansion you've chosen in any way, she just gives you a breadcrumb and scales most of the world to your level. Other than that, you're free to do almost whatever you want, i.e. if you pick for instance Legion and mid-way through your first zone you get an itch to go do for example Westfall - you're free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If you don't talk to Chromie to pick an expansion, they'll have level caps below 50 (basically what the original level caps would be after the squish). When you choose an expansion with Chromie, it'll scale up to 50 while levelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I'd definetely go talk to Chromie, though - she doesn't force you to do the expansion you've chosen in any way, she just gives you a breadcrumb and scales most of the world to your level. Other than that, you're free to do almost whatever you want, i.e. if you pick for instance Legion and mid-way through your first zone you get an itch to go do for example Westfall - you're free to do so.
    Yeah honestly I can't wait to lvl up some new chars with that. I was just wondering what happens if you dont though, nice to see that they don't lock you out of the rest of the world.

Also I heard something about being in a phased instance of your own while doing the Chromie time. Are there no other people with you while doing specific expansions?

Also I heard something about being in a phased instance of your own while doing the Chromie time. Are there no other people with you while doing specific expansions?
    I'm not sure, but it might put Chromie Time levelers on their own separate layer that does the scaling from 10 to 50. Regular version of the world stops at the expansion's respective level cap (30 for Outland and Northrend, 35 for Cata and MoP, 40 for WoD, 45 for Legion and 50 for BFA).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I can't fucking wait to do Torghast.
    Why? It's the only key-feature for ANY expansion, of the entire game, that tempts me to quit the game; it holds EVERYTHING that players have complained about for the mist part of a decade:
    - RNG layout
    - Rental Power
    - Endless mode
    - Sandbox
    - Time limited
    - Welfare Legendaries
    - Forced "content"
    And probably a lot of other dreadful things..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Why? It's the only key-feature for ANY expansion, of the entire game, that tempts me to quit the game; it holds EVERYTHING that players have complained about for the mist part of a decade:
    - RNG layout
    - Rental Power
    - Endless mode
    - Sandbox
    - Time limited
    - Welfare Legendaries
    - Forced "content"
    Because roguelikes are great.

/caseclosed

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    - RNG layout
    - Rental Power
    - Endless mode
    - Sandbox
    - Time limited
    - Welfare Legendaries
    - Forced "content"
    It's a rouge-like, so things like RNG layout, rental powers, endless modes are simply baked into the genre.
    Complaining about sandbox in a MMORPG? Cmon.
    It's not time limited any more after they changed Torments.
    Welfare legos? Much less welfare than in Legion.
    Quotation marks in "content" seem to indicate you don't treat Torghast as such. So once again, because you don't like a feature, it does not make it a non-content.

This thing was almost unanimously praised since it's release on Alpha, and yet these 30 min runs for leggos make you quit the game? K.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Still no announcement. The 6th seems likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'm not sure, but it might put Chromie Time levelers on their own separate layer that does the scaling from 10 to 50. Regular version of the world stops at the expansion's respective level cap (30 for Outland and Northrend, 35 for Cata and MoP, 40 for WoD, 45 for Legion and 50 for BFA).
    I was kinda hoping they'd all scale to 50, as well as their respective raids. That would make keeping a character capped at 50 a potentially wild alternate WoW experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Or Blizzard wants to make the announcement later in the day instead of an hour after starting the day. This isnt like new builds where they start the day with them so they can work all day on finding and fixing bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I'd give it until later in the day before calling it. They've made announcements later in the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I'd give it until later in the day before calling it. They've made announcements later in the day before.
    Not to mention they could still announce it tomorrow, or even Sunday. I doubt anyone is strict enough about workdays off that they cannot have someone press send on a premade bluepost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not to mention they could still announce it tomorrow, or even Sunday. I doubt anyone is strict enough about workdays off that they cannot have someone press send on a premade bluepost.
    Not sure about that. Have they made weekend announcements before?