Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    I'm not trolling. It's just my opinion.
    It's not a good one and should not have been shared to begin with. It makes zero sense, please delete it as it's taking up space on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    splitting the player base was never an issue otherwise they wouldn't have released classic in the first place and forced everyone to play the one and only version of it. they obviously have no problem competing with themselves although the entire thing all falls under a single subscription so its moot. you are 1 subscription, whether you're playing classic, tbc, sl whatever.
    Exactly this. People are delusional if they think Blizzard has an issue with whatever version of WoW you play. All they want is for you to stay Subscribed so it doesnt matter what version of WoW you play. BC will obviously be separate servers and at some point the options will be:

WoW Classic
    Burning Crusade Classic
    Wrath Classic
    Retail Server

And Blizzard will not care about which servers you jump between because as long as you are a subscriber thats the Profit for them and these choices are Beneficial for us consumers. I play retail but I will surely holiday in Wrath and BC between new Retail expansions when im burnt out. Thats a sub they get to retain when usually i'll just unsub til prepatch of new expac.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    nothing is being take away,classic will still be there,also...why not both fresh classic and tbc?not like they have to put work in to it

alo there is no ''fresh classic is better than tbc'' its all subjective

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair if we go by private server numbers tbc is extremly unpopular,wrath is leagues more popular and same with vanila
    We should not go by private servers because their shit is incomplete on virtually all of the TBC ones and tons of stuff is broken, this would be a proper server with everything working. I never played on a TBC private because everyone said they are garbage and to stay away because of those issues so why would I bother? lol

oh boy...you have NO idea lol,its actualy THE meta for private servers,and diablo 3 ,people LOVE starting fresh
    Well, I think it's crap and won't care anyway after I'm done with take 1 on it. If starting ovet and clearing MC for the rest of your life makes you happy .. good for you should they ever create such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We should not go by private servers because their shit is incomplete on virtually all of the TBC ones and tons of stuff is broken, this would be a proper server with everything working. I never played on a TBC private because everyone said they are garbage and to stay away because of those issues so why would I bother? lol
    what the heck are you talking about,tbc servers work just fine,plus even if they didnt that never mattered,milions of people played on broken servers for over 10 years in the past when they really were bugged,if someone likes tbc they will play it even if its not 100%....the fact is in the private server scene tbc is the least popular among vanila tbc and wrath

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Well, I think it's crap and won't care anyway after I'm done with take 1 on it. If starting ovet and clearing MC for the rest of your life makes you happy .. good for you should they ever create such nonsense.
    I mean its the only reason diablo 3 is still alive,so why wouldnt they do it with classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I know of at least four BC private servers that have just about everything running smoothly. The question, of course, is what they've gotten wrong with the guesswork (or what they intentionally overtuned, a la That One What Got All The Signatures). But the mechanics and functionality are there. BC is actually one of the easier ones to rig up, behind Vanilla, and 2.4 is one of the more popular patches for private servers to run, though 1.12 and 3.3 tend to be moreso.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean its the only reason diablo 3 is still alive,so why wouldnt they do it with classic
    I think the big thing is people are worried this will be forced on the current Classic servers, which is highly unlikely. Instead, rolling out a handful of additional 'seasonal' Classic servers is more likely, for much the same reason private servers did additional rollouts rather than force-wipe everyone's existing characters. A lot of weekend warrior players would have a coronary if the character they've worked on for a year was suddenly gone.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I know of at least four BC private servers that have just about everything running smoothly. The question, of course, is what they've gotten wrong with the guesswork (or what they intentionally overtuned, a la That One What Got All The Signatures). But the mechanics and functionality are there. BC is actually one of the easier ones to rig up, behind Vanilla, and 2.4 is one of the more popular patches for private servers to run, though 1.12 and 3.3 tend to be moreso.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the big thing is people are worried this will be forced on the current Classic servers, which is highly unlikely. Instead, rolling out a handful of additional 'seasonal' Classic servers is more likely, for much the same reason private servers did additional rollouts rather than force-wipe everyone's existing characters. A lot of weekend warrior players would have a coronary if the character they've worked on for a year was suddenly gone.
    oh yeah,ofc,if they ever do classic resets,it wont delete anything,just add new season servers,there is a private server that does this,has 2 realms,one is a season one that resets after like 2 years,and another where all the characters get transfered and all content is open,more people play on the seasonal one,but the standard one isnt far behind

The only way I can see seasonal working in classic is if they release content much faster like MC+Ony for 3 months then BWL and 1 month later ZG then 3 months later AQ opened and the final 3 months of naxx.

And of course make 40 man bosses drop more loot .. lile 6 pieces instead of 2.

Otherwise it's just too boring.

Diablo 3 is it's state because theres no new content .. classic has tbc and wotlk to add on

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this is one of those Por Que No Los Dos situations. Why not have fresh Classic servers in a seasonal format, and BC and Wrath for people that prefer that flavor?

Heck maybe make it a rolling thing like Everquest does. Where every Classic flavor advances expansion at the same time, and then a new batch of servers pop up at the beginning of the train?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, is OP suggesting that instead of TBC classic, we should have a restart on classic and do it all over again? If that's the case, then I say hell fucking no. I'm stoked for TBC classic and can't wait for it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hope they just create new fresh classic-tbc servers where you can’t copy our 60s over. Everyone playing classic-tbc starts from scratch.

But they will probably just upgrade all existing servers to tbc.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I'll pass on playing world buff simulator a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I'll pass on playing world buff simulator a second time.
    Yeah people really took this 'easy vanilla raiding joke' a little too seriously didn't they lol.

Same people who called vanilla raiding a joke and boring are also the ones farming world buffs.

Don't want ether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not have both? Lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Why not have both? Lmao.
    I asked this in my guild Discord, people were talking about Classic and Retail. What is people's problem, I'm not sure, but they are bound by dichotomies, it's either one or the other, paradoxes make their head explode and make them question themselves too much, can't have that.

People seem to be obsessed with choosing sides, it doesn't seem rational at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    So the topics have been rolling up on the forums for quite some time about either going to TBC or getting fresh Classic server. Here are the reasons I believe that TBC should not be released and why Classic servers should start over when phase 6 has run its course.

1. Player progression - many people believe that the purpose of an MMO is to have player progression and that when you end in Classic, player progression ends unless TBC comes out. I believe that isn't true to a sense. As in most stories, there must be an ending. A point in which the player sees the major triumphs of his/her career and everything becomes right with the world. Player progression needs a sense of closure which we haven't ever gotten from WoW to begin with at all. MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online game, not Neverending Massive Multiplayer Online game. There should be a conclusion, a way to make peace with all the "war" going on in World of Warcraft. I do believe that you should get that ending, even if the original server stay up in Classic, because that would let players achieve their own ending within the confines of a scripted game.

2. Player Power - There comes a time where player power needs to reach a peak. This has been a growingly complex conversation, but I agree with the D&D aspect of RPG play in that players need to be restricted in their power. There is a difference in being a player that is overcoming insurmountable odds to beat a boss, then a player that becomes a god and is always the hero. I like the aspect of knowing that I'm just a small piece of the world trying to do big things but knowing that there are some things bigger then myself. That sense of danger and tension makes for an amazing experience.

3. Gear Progression - This is a spin off of #2, but it encompasses stats and powers on gear/tier sets. We already know how this effects TBC and beyond. Some people do like this aspect as it gives more power and choice to the player, but I think is slowly destroys the sense of restriction and creativity within the game. Even 15 years after the release of WoW, players are coming up with alternate specs, gearing, and other things to become stronger, more unique, or more fun without the addition of new gear.

4. New experiences - Yes, TBC would offer new experiences to the game in a set player's abilities and story, but it would take away new experiences in existing content. What if you want to start over as a different class but with everyone else starting over at the same time. There is a different between leveling a fresh start server then an alt on an existing server. Your experience is limited, you can't funnel gold or get higher levels to help, etc. Yes you can forgo all of this on an alt, but you will always have that safety net in place, and be honest, everyone asks for help at some point and usually it is from a higher level player.

5. The Fanboys - For years, fanboys begged for Vanilla WoW, and when they finally got it, everyone was happy. Do you really want to take that away after just 2-3 years. People want Classic just to stay Classic, as they have for many years. Don't taint what we strived for so long to get.

I do apologize for making my list so long, i.e. wall of text. I know this is my opinion, and only warrants respect from myself, but I wanted to get my voice out there for whoever cares to see a different side of the argument of Classic vs TBC.
    Why not have fresh classic and TBC servers

We should not have to choose between TBC or Classic. We should get the option to COPY; or fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    probably has something to do with not everyone caring much for alts or doing the same thing over and over and over again.

I started playing this classic release week 1, I have only 1 alt that i've levelled to 51 and I only play it when it has maxxed out its double exp. my main has full t2 and there aren't many pieces of gear left that I want. there are a few bits in aq40 I would like but, I'm not really that far from being done with phase 5.

I have no intention of starting again and raiding t1 again, no desire to start fresh, only to continue on. if I can't continue on, then I play other games.

the first time around I played a priest on the alliance, this time around I'm playing a warrior on horde, I got all I wanted to get out of this and redoing it again, I wouldn't gain anything from it that I haven't already.

once naxx is farmed to death the only thing I want to do is move to outland, level to 70 and raid there, what I don't want to do is go back to farming t1 again. thats still fresh in my mind and to be honest its not something i'm eagre to do again, being that i'm not the sort of person who levels lots of alts either. i'd rather just not play the game anymore if the only option is to restart. but what I want to do is move on to newer content that isn't fresh in my mind.

i've never gotten much from levelling alts, every time I play an alt i'm always thinking that this is time I could be spending on my main. I'm a one character type of player so the thought of scrapping all of the time i've put into this redo and starting again just has zero appeal to me and just makes me wonder why bother starting in the first place if you ultimately just want to throw away 2 years of playing a game, just to do it all over again.

I like the concept of mmo progression where there is new content to take your character through, its the one thing that sets these games apart from a single player rpg. that fact that there is always more content, more levels, more bosses around the corner. and that it is a journey, that has no destination. you just stop playing it when you've had enough, but I don't see why the game needs to stay in classic just because YOU don't want to move onto tbc, all I would say there is DONT move to tbc then, I don't see why what one person wants should dictate the outcome for everyone who isn't you.

if they want to keep opening fresh classic servers thats totally fine but I don't see why it has to be a choice between fresh classic servers and moving into BC, when it really could be both and you decide what you want to do, rather than telling everyone what they should do as if they cared about classic as much as you do. I've enjoyed my time so far, but again, I'd rather move forward with the character i've invested time into rather than starting again for no real reason only to end up in exactly the same position.. i'd rather keep the progression going than to just repeat the last year multiple times. there is nothing to be gained in that for me.

maybe I just lack the extreme levels of ADHD that is required to have this mentality. I don't see the benefit of restarting classic over and over, one and done is the way for me. then onto the next thing. I could counter argue by simply saying that every time you repeat classic devalues the previous experiences, I'd rather have fewer unique experiences in classic than only having consistently more and more trivial experiences as each time gets exponentially blander than the last until the point that thinking about classic only gives me a headache, fewer, unique, memorable experiences is better than repeatedly beating a dead horse until its pulp.
    Well said. Im also a one main kinda player. Id rather do "new" content rather than manipulating classic to be expansion pack one-offs. The growth of my character is what keeps me coming back. Its why my main from 2004 is my main today. Its the bond I have with my character that keeps me coming back.