Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hallow's End and Shadowlands

I'm curious as to what changes this holiday could have with Shadowlands. As a primarily Forsaken holiday celebrated in Lordaeron, how will it be presented in the future, now that Tirisfal is a wasteland and Sylvanas is gone? Will it be the same as before, stuck in the 'past'? Or will Blizzard take the high ground and completely revamp the holiday dedicated to the departed now that the land of the dead has been opened?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'm curious as to what changes this holiday could have with Shadowlands. As a primarily Forsaken holiday celebrated in Lordaeron, how will it be presented in the future, now that Tirisfal is a wasteland and Sylvanas is gone? Will it be the same as before, stuck in the 'past'? Or will Blizzard take the high ground and completely revamp the holiday dedicated to the departed now that the land of the dead has been opened?
    Likely stuck in the past still not to mention that the expansion will be launching during Hallow's End so making changes to it could cause a lot of issues.

I take a guess here and say that nothing will change, simply because noone will care this year as everyone will be leveling in the Shadowlands.

Revamping holidays was always a side project, so maybe next year we see changes. But then again, I never associated it with the Forsaken until you mentioned it. But you are right, does not make much sense to hold the festivals in Tirisfal right now (since what can the Alliance throw dung bombs on? Undercity is radiated). Maybe there is no Hallow's End this year?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Maybe there is no Hallow's End this year?
    It'll still exist. There are achievements for it, including the year long progress one. We had it the past two years why would we skip it this year?

lot of people may care if the drops from headless horseman are at an increased Ilvl for the beginning of an expansion

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t one gameplay wise it will likely be the old one in time waking undercity.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon level might be an issue. Otherwise prolly no changes til 2021.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might get a revamp next year but i doubt anythin changes this one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It'll still exist. There are achievements for it, including the year long progress one. We had it the past two years why would we skip it this year?
    Yeah, that's true. I did not think about that, since I left a month into BfA and only came back this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same as last year as that was post battle as well?

Don't ever recall it being a "Primarily Forsaken Holiday".

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get a 10 year time skip after SL maybe the Forsaken will have cleansed Lordaeron or built a new city in Tirisfal Glades. But I dont expect any changes in the short term.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tirisfal has been a wasteland since Aug 2018 yet you could still do Hallows End 2018 and 2019 perfectly fine. All you have to do is talk to the NPC to change the zone

It hasnt been updated in like 84 years anyway, what makes you think it would be relevant now?

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    lot of people may care if the drops from headless horseman are at an increased Ilvl for the beginning of an expansion
    Everyone who is somebody has had this for years already.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Dungeon level might be an issue. Otherwise prolly no changes til 2021.
    Why would dungeon level be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    It hasnt been updated in like 84 years anyway, what makes you think it would be relevant now?
    I guess you forgot to take this year into account?

It is clearly 85 years ago.

Talking about Headless Horseman and Halloween. I always watch Sleepy Hollow on Halloween. How can I fit that in when we got Shadowlands 24/7 on the date?? Guess I have to watch it the evening before launch and then throw some eggs on the neighbours for trick or treat after.

What would be really cool? A Masquerade in Revendreath for the server community at Halloween. If blizzard could fix the town with pumpkins etc that would be neat.

It has been updated a few times. It was updated sometime after Wrath a little bit. Then again around MoP or WoD when they added new items.
    Everyone who is somebody has had this for years already.
    Not everyone has great luck. This is like saying anyone that cares should have all the holiday mounts by now and several are still missing some.

Nothing will happen. You go to Undercity, talk to Zidormi to travel to pre-battle Undercity and do the event. This is why I hate the addition of that NPC. Any actual world changes gets nullified cause you can just use her to Delorian yourself back to before the event happened.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I take a guess here and say that nothing will change, simply because noone will care this year as everyone will be leveling in the Shadowlands.
    Hallow's End is arguably one of the most important holidays to do on every toon.

You can only set up a toon with access to the Alemental costume once per year, during Hallow's End. Once you set it up, its available year-round.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=190968/mysterious-brew

How to get the Alemental costume:

1. Be at least level 100.
    2. Get a level 3 WoD garrison on the toon.
    3. The Hallow's End holiday must be active. (October).
    4. Talk to Orukan in your level 3 garrison and grab the dailies. https://www.wowhead.com/npc=96705/orukan
    5. Complete the dailies to earn 5x Spooky Supplies
    6. Talk to vendor Izzy Hollyfizzle in your level 3 garrison https://www.wowhead.com/npc=96362/izzy-hollyfizzle
    7. Buy the Witch's Brew (garrison decoration) for 5x Spooky Supplies. https://www.wowhead.com/item=128663/witchs-brew
    8. Right-click on the Witch's Brew to apply it to your level 3 garrison.
    9. Brew-Witch Shadowpaw will spawn in your level 3 garrison. https://www.wowhead.com/npc=96259/brew-witch-shadowpaw She is at 47,54 in the Horde garrison and 43,46 in the Alliance garrison.
    10. Next to Shadowpaw is a cauldron of brew.

Now the rules get strange.

11. If you hover your cursor over the cauldron, your cursor will turn into a gear. Click it and you will get an item called Mysterious Brew. This Brew is like the Hallowed Wands. You can use it to change anyone into an Alemental for 5 minutes. It can be yourself, a party or raid member, someone of your faction that you are not grouped with at all. It cannot be used on NPCs. The Brew has 5 charges and is unique. You cannot carry more than 1. The cauldron is only clickable if you were not carrying a brew when you entered your garrison zone and have not used it in your current visit yet. If the cauldron is not clickable, make sure you delete the brew from your bags, then do a quick zone out / zone in of your garrison and the cauldron will be clickable again.

The garrison decorations can be put on display year-round. So once you add this decoration to your garrison, you can use it 365 days of the year. You can only unlock it during Hallow's End, and it must be unlocked on every toon you have. It is not account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Hallow's End is arguably one of the most important holidays to do on every toon.

You can only set up a toon with access to the Alemental costume once per year, during Hallow's End. Once you set it up, its available year-round.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=190968/mysterious-brew

How to get the Alemental costume:

1. Be at least level 100.
    2. Get a level 3 WoD garrison on the toon.
    3. The Hallow's End holiday must be active. (October).
    4. Talk to Orukan in your level 3 garrison and grab the dailies. https://www.wowhead.com/npc=96705/orukan
    5. Complete the dailies to earn 5x Spooky Supplies
    6. Talk to vendor Izzy Hollyfizzle in your level 3 garrison https://www.wowhead.com/npc=96362/izzy-hollyfizzle
    7. Buy the Witch's Brew (garrison decoration) for 5x Spooky Supplies. https://www.wowhead.com/item=128663/witchs-brew
    8. Right-click on the Witch's Brew to apply it to your level 3 garrison.
    9. Brew-Witch Shadowpaw will spawn in your level 3 garrison. https://www.wowhead.com/npc=96259/brew-witch-shadowpaw She is at 47,54 in the Horde garrison and 43,46 in the Alliance garrison.
    10. Next to Shadowpaw is a cauldron of brew.

Now the rules get strange.

11. If you hover your cursor over the cauldron, your cursor will turn into a gear. Click it and you will get an item called Mysterious Brew. This Brew is like the Hallowed Wands. You can use it to change anyone into an Alemental for 5 minutes. It can be yourself, a party or raid member, someone of your faction that you are not grouped with at all. It cannot be used on NPCs. The Brew has 5 charges and is unique. You cannot carry more than 1. The cauldron is only clickable if you were not carrying a brew when you entered your garrison zone and have not used it in your current visit yet. If the cauldron is not clickable, make sure you delete the brew from your bags, then do a quick zone out / zone in of your garrison and the cauldron will be clickable again.

The garrison decorations can be put on display year-round. So once you add this decoration to your garrison, you can use it 365 days of the year. You can only unlock it during Hallow's End, and it must be unlocked on every toon you have. It is not account-wide.
    I mean, thanks for the info, but I don't care about costumes

I do care about the pets though and I intend to get them all this year, since i missed the past Hallow's Ends.