Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gear for Shadowlands leveling, what do you think?

What do you guys think would be the best way to gear your boomy for leveling in Shadowlands.
    If you don't take ilvl in consideration, and you think about the corruptions, essences, stats.

I'd say don't worry about it. If you can consider those, you're probably going to be overgeared until they stop working anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    corruptions, essences, stats.
    Anything that increases your dps now will be good then. Literally anything will do. Like with ANY OTHER EXPANSION, gear will be reset and meaningless after a couple of levels.

HoA (essences) wont work in SL - they said that the connection to Azeroth is to small.
    Corruption will most likely going to be nerfed into oblivion.
    Ilvl is all that will help you leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say just don't stack a ton of haste....you'll feel so slow come a few levels in SL.

I believe they recently confirmed all borrowed powers will be gone going into SL. Corruptions are going away with the pre-patch while the HoA (Azerite gear & Essences) will continue to function while on Azeroth, but not in the SL.

As such, I’d say ilvl will become more important so bank some 470+ gear for those slots where you have a BiS corruption on average gear.

If you are not trying to realm first , don't worry about it .

Quest reward and Shadowlands dungeons will plenty enough to finish the leveling process .

I myself have alts which have 0 gear from BFA end game and will go directly to shadowlands !

Well since corruption, azerite traits and essences will be gone when leveling in shadowlands..all that will really matter is ilvl.

The gear squish will be interesting. I wonder if there is any old content ilvl 100 gear with procs which will be OP at level 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    What do you guys think would be the best way to gear your boomy for leveling in Shadowlands.
    If you don't take ilvl in consideration, and you think about the corruptions, essences, stats.
    Corruptions no longer work period.

Essences / Azerite Traits don't work in Shadowlands.

There will be some overpowered gear for a bit, you just have to seek it out as I know some that will already trump M+0 gear and maybe a couple ranks higher early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    HoA (essences) wont work in SL - they said that the connection to Azeroth is to small.
    Corruption will most likely going to be nerfed into oblivion.
    Ilvl is all that will help you leveling.
    Isn't corruption going to be removed with pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Isn't corruption going to be removed with pre-patch?
    Look at the date of my message. At this time this wasn't a known thing. Yes, corruptions will be removed.

So when I leveled my main on beta, I basically replaced my Azerite gear near max level, because I was looking at primary stats only, forgetting about secondaries altogether. Any idea when would it be beneficial to replace mythic nyalotha azerite gear with the shadowlands leveling one?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I honestly think that ilvl is the most important thing. Stats will change, corruption and essences will be depowered, probably gradually.

And end of the day, if you’re 470 the first part of leveling is going to be super easy whether or not your corruptions still work. Then you get weaker every time you ding. By the time you’re near level cap, your gear from the start will Ben pretty irrelevant.

By the way: yup, this is what leveling is now. Dinging makes you weaker. So immersive.
    Mobs in Shadowlands don't scale with your level any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So when I leveled my main on beta, I basically replaced my Azerite gear near max level, because I was looking at primary stats only, forgetting about secondaries altogether. Any idea when would it be beneficial to replace mythic nyalotha azerite gear with the shadowlands leveling one?
    Install PAWN addon and put in your specific statweights if you can find them. Once SL items score higher they're probably better.

For anyone wondering I just checked on beta and legendaries from legion are ilvl 59 and the effects are legacy so that's something we can cross off the list.

Mythic Nyalotha is 130-140 so it will last until level 59.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Install PAWN addon and put in your specific statweights if you can find them. Once SL items score higher they're probably better.
    I was thinking about that, but does PAWN even make sense during leveling? Wouldn't gear replacements and level ups change the weights constantly anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I was thinking about that, but does PAWN even make sense during leveling? Wouldn't gear replacements and level ups change the weights constantly anyway?
    Sure, but there are both double and tripple stat jewelry so it may be harder to tally. You basically have three viable options:

Guess by gut feeling - super simple
    Going by pure ilvl - simple
    PAWN is the simple but slightly better way since there's rarely a dramatic change in statweights.

It doesn't have to be precise, just has to be better than the first option, often it's even faster than both guessing and going by ilvl because PAWN comes with a smart icon in your bags.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just go for ilvl+items with sockets/tertiary stats.

hell if you can find items with leech more uptime on leveling and pulling vs healing/eating.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    hell if you can find items with leech more uptime on leveling and pulling vs healing/eating.
    Any druid with a resto main or off-spec or guardian main or off-spec should have some leech gear as part of your regular raid set. But from what I hear, Shadowlands leveling is so easy that it's probably best to run max DPS, unless you're undergeared enough for the leech to actually matter below max level content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Any druid with a resto main or off-spec or guardian main or off-spec should have some leech gear as part of your regular raid set. But from what I hear, Shadowlands leveling is so easy that it's probably best to run max DPS, unless you're undergeared enough for the leech to actually matter below max level content.
    I'd say the only factor in how easy it is is your gear level going in.

Using a premade warrior I had a semi-tough time only able to pull 1-2 mobs at a time. If you have hefty gear then it'll be easy, if you're fresh from levelling to 50 then you're in for a ride. Levelling as tank is as always a breeze.