Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Not sure about that. Have they made weekend announcements before?
    I believe they did make a Sunday announcement once during Legion or something, though don't quote me on that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not to mention they could still announce it tomorrow, or even Sunday. I doubt anyone is strict enough about workdays off that they cannot have someone press send on a premade bluepost.
    I feel at that point we're just scraping the bottom of the hope barrel. To me it feels like the 6th it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I feel at that point we're just scraping the bottom of the hope barrel. To me it feels like the 6th it is.
    Possibly, though I am of the belief that a pre-patch release on the 6th would be even more out of place than a rushed set of announcements. Though I do agree that unless we get an announcement by tomorrow at the absolute latest then the implicit assumption that we will get a 4 week pre-patch is fairly dead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Since we are (or should be) getting close to release, what classes are actually good this time around?
    You talking gameplay wise or just raw DPS rankings wise?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Shadowlands launch still could be delayed and they’re working on the news and how to frame it.

Like honestly, clinging to the 29th at this point is a bit weird. Sure it’s still 4 days but... it’s only 4 days. And there’s a weekend in between.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Shadowlands launch still could be delayed and they’re still working on how to frame that.

Like honestly, clinging to the 29th at this point is a bit weird. Sure it’s still 4 days but... it’s only 4 days. And there’s a weekend in between.
    The previous times it has been a 4 day announcement also had a weekend in between though, so I fail to see how that is proof against anything.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands launch still could be delayed and they’re working on the news and how to frame it.

At this point if they come out saying "9.0 releases on the 6th and we're delaying the expansion two weeks to continue raid testing" I wouldn't bat an eye.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The previous times it has been a 4 day announcement also had a weekend in between though, so I fail to see how that is proof against anything.
    Just checked it for BfA, it’s been 5 days. Pre patch announcement on the 12th (Thursday), pre patch on the following Tuesday (17th).

https://www.wowhead.com/news=285346/...ming-july-17th
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Why? It's the only key-feature for ANY expansion, of the entire game, that tempts me to quit the game; it holds EVERYTHING that players have complained about for the mist part of a decade:
    - RNG layout
    - Rental Power
    - Endless mode
    - Sandbox
    - Time limited
    - Welfare Legendaries
    - Forced "content"
    And probably a lot of other dreadful things..
    lol ok...

"- RNG layout" Oh wow, rooms in a specific wing look different each time. It's almost like this Tower has Infinite floors lore-wise.

"- Rental Power" Nothing really "rental" about it, when the whole point of this Tower is to kill guys, gain power ups, get your soul ash (Unless you're doing the Twisting Corridors), and have fun.

"- Endless mode" There is no Endless mode.

"- Sandbox" Good. We're missing that in WoW heavily, right now.

"- Time limited" There is no "time limit". The only "limit" comes from the weekly reset, where each week, 2 of the 6 wings are open (While the Twisting Corridors are forever open, though the layers reset each week).

"- Welfare Legendaries" Nothing welfare about it. You craft your armor, inscribe your enchantment pages, collect your Soul Ash, collect some Runecarver Memories for some optional yet potential amps, and earn the right to craft your Legendary. If anything is "welfare", it's the RNG shit in Legion.

"- Forced "content"" There is no "forced" content. Go in there, collect your Soul Ash, and get out. Everything else is for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a rather different thing than Blizzard not telling us, though. And i'm not sure where Makorus got that idea from, that's not even being hinted at.
    the original blue post does say "the higher the ilvl drop the better the upgrade

howeverjust like with azerite armor....theres no testing. right now the only way for you to upgrade a conduit on beta is the item through the maw vendor

Looks like it's the 6th at this point but I wouldn't exclude the 29th, it's just unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Looks like it's the 6th at this point but I wouldn't exclude the 29th, it's just unlikely.
    Yeah, unless they make an announcement in the next couple of hours, it's most likely the 6th.

Real bummer that.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Just checked it for BfA, it’s been 5 days. Pre patch announcement on the 12th (Thursday), pre patch on the following Tuesday (17th).

https://www.wowhead.com/news=285346/...ming-july-17th
    the legion one was like this one, announcement on friday, release on tuesday

For a moment i had a backround download anyone else?

Welp, no announcement yet, seems like it might end up being the 6th after all.
    Still not entirely convinced though. Will go to sleep, And if there is no announcement made by the time I wake up I will be slightly less insistent on the 29th being the release date.

they will not annouce the prepatch until the 29th... sheesh people. the 2 week warning went out not too long ago
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

September 29th

- - - Updated - - -

And so a new day begins for Blizzard. Time to start up the bets.
    If they don’t announce it today then it’s the 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    At this point if they come out saying "9.0 releases on the 6th and we're delaying the expansion two weeks to continue raid testing" I wouldn't bat an eye.
    Maybe you wouldn't, but many people booked their vacations specifically for SL release and days after it. I know I did because less than one month notice about 1+ week vacations wouldn't fly in my office. I was waiting until today to confirm I'm taking the days off, but honestly - a timeframe to postpone the release is gone at this point. If they feel like they won't be able to make it on time, they should have done it earlier, not 4 weeks before.

And I'm sure most people would take a broken release over dragging over this boring draught any longer, because - surprise surprise - the game will release in a broken state anyway. It's been many years ago when this trend started.

they can't delay an expansion date. not at this point
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Maybe you wouldn't, but many people booked their vacations specifically for SL release and days after it. I know I did because less than one month notice about 1+ week vacations wouldn't fly in my office. I was waiting until today to confirm I'm taking the days off, but honestly - a timeframe to postpone the release is gone at this point. If they feel like they won't be able to make it on time, they should have done it earlier, not 4 weeks before.

And I'm sure most people would take a broken release over dragging over this boring draught any longer, because - surprise surprise - the game will release in a broken state anyway. It's been many years ago when this trend started.
    They won't delay it, if they had to they would have already said something by now. If we do not get an announcement by tomorrow then we won't be getting pre-patch till the 6th. If we get it on the 6th, I don't think they will be gating any of the content, not with a few weeks till the expansion.