Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Darnassus' destruction was just absurd

You've got a magical tree the size of a mountain miles away at sea, but Horde catapults equip their +50000 range + 50000$ gear and burn the shit down to a crisp in the matter of a night?

"It's a game, it's a magical world."

Give me a fucking break, you realize with that kind of firepower they could at any time teleport those catapults in Elwynn and literally blow up Stormwind in minutes?

What the hell were they firing, plot devices to the power absurdity? How many did they have, 10000 of them? What was Darnassus made of, rotten dead wood?

It's just idiotic, at this point a single catapult in Warcraft could probably take out Magtheridon in space in one hit if you judge by this event alone.

Did this just occur to you, or have you been stewing over this for two years?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Internet explorer is that you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    You've got a magical tree the size of a mountain miles away at sea, but Horde catapults equip their +50000 range + 50000$ gear and burn the shit down to a crisp in the matter of a night?

"It's a game, it's a magical world."

Give me a fucking break, you realize with that kind of firepower they could at any time teleport those catapults in Elwynn and literally blow up Stormwind in minutes?

What the hell were they firing, plot devices to the power absurdity? How many did they have, 10000 of them? What was Darnassus made of, rotten dead wood?

It's just idiotic, at this point a single catapult in Warcraft could probably take out Magtheridon in space in one hit if you judge by this event alone.
    If they could teleport to Stormwind and destroy it they probably would have. Considering they had to travel on foot through four zones, fighting a war through two of them to get there, I doubt they could have. As for azerite we've seen a hail of bullets burn 100 men to death in seconds and a chunk the size of a baseball burn a magical treant 200 feet tall to death in seconds. I have little doubt that multiple cannonballs worth of the stuff could burn down Teldrassil, which is not nearly as magical as you seem to believe. It's a tree that was grown by mortal druids, that's all.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If they could teleport to Stormwind and destroy it they probably would have. Considering they had to travel on foot through four zones, fighting a war through two of them to get there, I doubt they could have. As for azerite we've seen a hail of bullets burn 100 men to death in seconds and a chunk the size of a baseball burn a magical treant 200 feet tall to death in seconds. I have little doubt that multiple cannonballs worth of the stuff could burn down Teldrassil, which is not nearly as magical as you seem to believe. It's a tree that was grown by mortal druids, that's all.
    It's a mountain that was grown in the span of a few years and lies miles at sea, protected by druids and whisps and quite possibly powerful enchantments.

Worst thing to happen to Night Elf players. It will feel so much better when we butcher Sylvanas eventually.

Did you just hear about Azerite or what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    It's a mountain that was grown in the span of a few years and lies miles at sea, protected by druids and whisps and quite possibly powerful enchantments.
    The whisps were already dealt with and most of the Druids were sent to deal with the giant sword. Also don’t think it has any enchantments just a really really big tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Did you just hear about Azerite or what?
    No azerite was used in the burning just arcane fire and shamans to help it spread.

Honestly, this was still not the most "wtf" moment at that time.

Top spot is still taken by Jaina magically appearing with a floating boat doing arcane cannon barrage on the Undercity and freezing the plague.

I'd literally say that anything else after that is basically equal to real life at this point.

Yeah, BfA story was a series of head scratchers.

Horde has catapults that can shoot across the sea, Alliance has a flying magical boat with arcane cannons. Welcome to Warcraft.

They said that horde druids and shamans helped spread the fire and when Jaina can just instantly wipe away blight like its nothing in Lordaeron, I think having a few mages help increase the range of a catapult isnt that far of a strech
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Honestly, this was still not the most "wtf" moment at that time.

Top spot is still taken by Jaina magically appearing with a floating boat doing arcane cannon barrage on the Undercity and freezing the plague.

I'd literally say that anything else after that is basically equal to real life at this point.
    And she did this without knowing that Sylvanas had razed Teldrassil. The WTF look on her face in the throne room is priceless.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Worst thing to happen to Night Elf players. It will feel so much better when we butcher Sylvanas eventually.
    Yeah, it was a dumb decision. When I first began playing all those years ago I started my Alliance career as a Night Elf because and running through their zones was an amazing experience. Looking at how much of Kalimdor has been destroyed over the years is disheartening, especially when it conveniently leaves the Horde territories largely unscathed.

Destroying Stormwind and having the refugees escape to Ironforge would've been better. Especially since Ironforge is underground and can be expanded easily/reinforced to be the new main base of operation for the Alliance. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    surrounded by water you'd think they would have put out that fire pretty easily, or living in a giant tree which is basically wood might have made you think... but nope :P

Its very The Signs (movie) logic, these aliens who have traveled light years with their advanced technology who have a weakness for water, land on a planet where water is like 96.5% of the earths surface and that they in fact they cannot open doors... oh and they get beat up by blunt objects.

Night Elves are basically the Aliens from Signs is what I am saying. And considering how much Blizzard like abusing Night Elves it speaks for itself lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-09-25 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah, it was a dumb decision. When I first began playing all those years ago I started my Alliance career as a Night Elf because and running through their zones was an amazing experience. Looking at how much of Kalimdor has been destroyed over the years is disheartening, especially when it conveniently leaves the Horde territories largely unscathed.
    My utter distaste for the Horde started in Cata and hasn't ended since.

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope developpers and storywriters will enlighten us at some time and with a giant bag of humor, and selfspot about their fails, faults and more.

Because I just cannot believe they are still happy with everything...

Edit...
    But overall I still love the game

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it is known that it was bullshit:

Giant tree;
    Giant tree with wet, salty bark,
    Giant wet tree across the sea,

And the catapults (not even demolishers, catapults) still managed to burn it.

It's as if they don't know how hard it is to burn wet wood.