Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trumpcare plan announced, details inside.

ummm, there are no actual details. No actual plan announced with the announced plan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...015454078.html

But here is what he did

- Plan to give $200 dollar discount cards by stealing money from other programs, to buy votes.

- Give pre-exsisting protection....oh wait....give an order to "work with congress" to give pre-exsisting protection after he takes it away through his parties lawsuits.

- Stop suprise billing. Oh wait, again....it was to "work with congress" to protect against suprise billing.

So his plan is basically to wait till congress comes up with a plan. Even though they already have and he wants to get rid of it and will never approve an of the new plans on the table.

The first non-binding executive order is simply a promise. It declares that “it is the policy of the United States that people who suffer from pre-existing conditions will be protected,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said on a press call with reporters before Trump’s speech. This does not create a policy or a law. Administration officials and the President himself said this would cover the same protections already established under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)—the health care law passed by former President Barack Obama, which the Trump Administration is currently trying to overturn in court.

nd while Trump has often talked about protecting people with pre-existing conditions, his Administration has repeatedly taken actions that would have the opposite effect. The Administration has supported Congressional Republicans’ many attempts to repeal the ACA, which would eliminate protections for those with pre-existing conditions, and it championed cheaper, skimpier health insurance plans that allow insurers to deny coverage to those with pre-existing conditions.

The second non-binding executive order also does not commit Trump to taking action. Rather, it directs Azar to work with Congress to ban surprise out-of-network medical bills. If Congress does not pass legislation by Jan. 1, Azar told reporters, then Trump will direct him to take other actions. (Azar said he did not have other details on what those actions would be.)

Hey don't worry at least his administration is behind him and are excited

Trump’s top advisers, while striking an upbeat note before his event in North Carolina, demurred when asked for the details on how the President’s new plans would become reality. “It is what it is,” Azar said.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Continue to enforce the ACA without admitting we're trying to enforce the ACA while bribing old people to forget we're killing them with a pandemic?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see if it pays off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Odd, none of the Trump regulars came in to cheer and brag about the new healthcare plan???

Maybe they missed the thread?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This thing would not last 2 seconds after obamacare gets axed by the SCOTUS. Lawsuits would instantly go out and it would not hold up to any scrutiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Odd, none of the Trump regulars came in to cheer and brag about the new healthcare plan???

Maybe they missed the thread?
    Give it time. They've yet to receive instructions on punch cards pushed up their arses yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I watched the signing of that pre-existing conditions executive order, and I wondered why he'd be doing such a thing. I don't understand why an executive order would be needed for a health plan that has yet to be worked on in committees. I really wish he'd just stop fucking with my healthcare. It's not good as it is, but it's far better than anything proposed. I am very eager to see any good proposals for new government healthcare, I just haven't seen anything that tops Obamacare yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Continue to enforce the ACA without admitting we're trying to enforce the ACA.
    Don't forget: no, he's not. After the GOP's health care plans, plural, all failed the same day, Trump just stopped enforcing the "everyone buys health care" leg of the ACA, by reducing the penalty to $0. The law itself still exists, Trump is not enforcing half of it. It's a lot like saying "only the tenant is required to fulfil their end of the lease" levels of enforcement.

@Zan15 is right, the E.O.s Trump signed have nearly no effect, and just like he said in 2016, the next President can just wipe it all out and nobody can stop them. It is, at least, marginally better than that E.O. he said he'd sign the day before, the one that says every child born alive gets the medical care it needs. That E.O. does not currently exist. It is a name "Born Alive" an a vague description. At least this is actual text we can read.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I watched the signing of that pre-existing conditions executive order, and I wondered why he'd be doing such a thing..
    No you didn't. You know full well it's yet another campaign promise to get votes, with no realistic follow through even planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Don't forget: no, he's not. After the GOP's health care plans, plural, all failed the same day, Trump just stopped enforcing the "everyone buys health care" leg of the ACA, by reducing the penalty to $0. The law itself still exists, Trump is not enforcing half of it. It's a lot like saying "only the tenant is required to fulfil their end of the lease" levels of enforcement.

@Zan15 is right, the E.O.s Trump signed have nearly no effect, and just like he said in 2016, the next President can just wipe it all out and nobody can stop them. It is, at least, marginally better than that E.O. he said he'd sign the day before, the one that says every child born alive gets the medical care it needs. That E.O. does not currently exist. It is a name "Born Alive" an a vague description. At least this is actual text we can read.

No you didn't. You know full well it's yet another campaign promise to get votes, with no realistic follow through even planned.
    The fact people were forced to pay a penalty despite not receiving any benefits from a plan was outright criminal for the government to do. A low middle class person might be making too much too little to pay for the premium, but not enough to get it free/subsidized and were healthy / had no medical expenses. They were caught in limbo where it wouldn't be worth it to pay for the health insurance instead of just paying for whatever occasional things they needed. Then Obama decided these people must be forced to pay a penalty for them making a conscious decision they weighed based on their pocket books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The fact people were forced to pay a penalty despite not receiving any benefits from a plan was outright criminal for the government to do. A low middle class person might be making too much too little to pay for the premium, but not enough to get it free/subsidized and were healthy / had no medical expenses. They were caught in limbo where it wouldn't be worth it to pay for the health insurance. Then Obama decided these people must be forced to pay a penalty for them making a conscious decision they weighed based on their pocket books.
    It pays for the emergency room visits that these people cannot afford either.

Edit: “making too much too little” is probably the best way to describe ACA opposition... I’ll give you that...

Edit 2: I really don’t get it... you are counting crumbs in the mouths of the poor, while your taxes would be lower, if billionaire elites like Trump paid any. Instead, you are using a microscope to expose every crumb, while Trump’s tax cut resulted in a 14% swing towards individual’s taxes, away from corporate.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-25 at 09:05 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It pays for the emergency room visits that these people cannot afford either.

Edit: “making too much too little” is probably the best way to describe ACA opposition... I’ll give you that...
    Lol I think I was editing my comment and forgot to add back the part before too little. Oh well.. I'm sure people understood what I meant. But your point about emergency care is understandable. Just like car insurance, every person on the road is required to have it in case they hit someone and are unable to afford the liability. However, Obamacare made health care plans with high deductables mainly for "emergency scenarios" unlawful and healthcare providers were required to provide more robust plans that were more expensive when generally healthy people didn't need/want those plans.

They were caught in limbo where it wouldn't be worth it to pay for the health insurance instead of just paying for whatever occasional things they needed.
    Like that multi-million dollar emergency room visit following a nasty crash that they can't pay?

Or that minor ache in their side that they didn't go to the doctor for because they didn't want to pay for it, and it ended up being a severe hernia requiring tens of thousands in surgery and recovery?

Like that diabetes medication they're rationing, or using their dogs prescription for, because they can't afford the upwards of $1,500 a month for the drug that costs next to nothing?

We can quibble over people lost in the margins because they were making too much for subsidies but not enough to afford plans, but the solution should be to figure out a way to make sure it's affordable for the minority of folks caught in the margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I think I was editing my comment and forgot to add back the part before too little. Oh well.. I'm sure people understood what I meant. But your point about emergency care is understandable. Just like car insurance, every person on the road is required to have it in case they hit someone and are unable to afford the liability. However, Obamacare made health care plans with high deductables for "emergency scenarios" unlawful and healthcare providers were required to provide more robust plans that were more expensive.
    Yes, everyone understood that the point of attacking ACA is so consistent, that it doesn’t mater if it’s too little or too much. How much lower would your taxes be, if people like Trump, paid any?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, everyone understood that the point of attacking ACA is so consistent, that it doesn’t mater if it’s too little or too much. How much lower would your taxes be, if people like Trump, paid any?
    I'd love for Bobby Kotick and actiblizzard to actually pay more taxes than I did. I think I read in their 10k that in 2018 Activision paid literally 0 taxes. A lot of republicans want a generally low tax rate, but with the provision that there are fewer things to deduct so their effective tax rate is fair. Turns out that congress is inept in developing policy that does that.

Getting back to the thread.. Basically it's just "legislative branch do your job of making laws. Here are some guidelines around what I would support and sign." Is that basically it?

I don't know. Do the republicans have a health care plan? I haven't really heard one. All I hear is Trump saying phrases to the media like "lower drug costs and whatever whatever."

I guess with Covid and the election there isn't much air time of actual policy.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-09-25 at 09:17 PM.

The fact people were forced to pay a penalty despite not receiving any benefits from a plan was outright criminal for the government to do. A low middle class person might be making too much too little to pay for the premium, but not enough to get it free/subsidized and were healthy / had no medical expenses. They were caught in limbo where it wouldn't be worth it to pay for the health insurance instead of just paying for whatever occasional things they needed. Then Obama decided these people must be forced to pay a penalty for them making a conscious decision they weighed based on their pocket books.
    the fact that people are forced for 40+ years to pay a "penalty" for working to eventually get Medicare.....is outright criminal!!! They could pay for 40 year and never receive a single benefit cause the silly gooses died. they can't even pass those benefits on to a spouse so she gets extra benefits or lower premiums.

They would have received benefits. The penalty was to cover them if something eventually happened to them and they immediately signed up, for which you know even the most ardent anti ACA person would do when faced with a few million dollars worth of charges for a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
    ACA allowed these people to sign up for the ACA even though they didn't years ago.

There was a doughnut hole in the ACA and Obama and democrats tried to close it and republicans refused to even take it up for a vote. so what do you do, blame democrats and obama!! Great job!
    Medicare has a half dozen of these kind of income problems and "holes" but i don't see republicans calling it illegal?

Also there was a dozen ways to get around the penalty based on hardships. The amount of people effected was a fraction of the amount that were helped.

Don't worry the amount of people that will be hit with a huge penalty when the ACA is abolished will be Bigly.

You fake outrage like this is something new but Medicare and SS operate the same way for decades.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

They've had a real long time to come up with a health care policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    They've had a real long time to come up with a health care policy.
    I said "air time", not "time to work on policy". Like, I'm sure they had "something", but I haven't heard of it.

I'd love for Bobby Kotick and actiblizzard to actually pay more taxes than I did. I think I read in their 10k that in 2018 Activision paid literally 0 taxes. A lot of republicans want a generally low tax rate, but with the provision that there are fewer things to deduct so their effective tax rate is fair. Turns out that congress is inept in developing policy that does that.
    Not at all. It's that there's no real incentive to do it when a lot of these corporations are big donors. Republicans have no interest in closing loopholes anyways, just cutting taxes because that's a popular thing to do and some of them honest-to-god believe that if you lower taxes, revenue goes up.

This goes back to what is a central issue causing/making many other issues worse - campaign finance reform. An issue which Republicans have an overt hostility towards.

Getting back to the thread.. Basically it's just "legislative branch do your job of making laws. Here are some guidelines around what I would support and sign." Is that basically it?
    Not even that much. Usually there will be far more detailed proposals and plans from the White House on these issues, working with their party in Congress, with a lot more specifics.

This is, "It's 9AM and my final paper is due at 10:30AM and I haven't even started it...let me just jot down a few notes and see if the teacher will buy it."

Do the republicans have a health care plan? I haven't really heard one. All I hear is Trump saying phrases to the media like "lower drug costs and whatever whatever."
    After a decade of "REPEAL AND REPLACE!", they still do not have a health care plan. The one they attempted to pass earlier was written at the last minute, not over the decade they were complaining, and was a big step backwards.

Republicans are not a party of policy or ideas.

There were three years before covid and the election, two of which when Republicans had control over the House/Senate as well.

There are no excuses for this, it's simply not a priority or something that Republicans care much about except that it's a campaign issue. And they have no policy for the "air time" anyways. Just a few half-assed notes. Instead of the plan Trump said totes existed last week.

Lol I think I was editing my comment and forgot to add back the part before too little. Oh well.. I'm sure people understood what I meant. But your point about emergency care is understandable. Just like car insurance, every person on the road is required to have it in case they hit someone and are unable to afford the liability. However, Obamacare made health care plans with high deductables mainly for "emergency scenarios" unlawful and healthcare providers were required to provide more robust plans that were more expensive when generally healthy people didn't need/want those plans.
    no they didn't.

they were still legally allowed to sell these policies they just needed to meet new standards that they refused to do so because most of those plans required the policy holder get fucking screwed up the ass with limitations they did not know or understand existed.

This is nothing new, these standards have been added for decades on top of decades.
    The Feds and States have regulated what plan had to cover way before ACA was even a fart in someone's stomach. The only difference with the ACA is....well Obama and republicans needed something to rally against.

Most of the people wanted and needed those "robust" coverages but were shocked to find out that it was not covered under their "catastrophic plan".
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not at all. It's that there's no real incentive to do it when a lot of these corporations are big donors. Republicans have no interest in closing loopholes anyways, just cutting taxes because that's a popular thing to do and some of them honest-to-god believe that if you lower taxes, revenue goes up.

This goes back to what is a central issue causing/making many other issues worse - campaign finance reform. An issue which Republicans have an overt hostility towards.

Not even that much. Usually there will be far more detailed proposals and plans from the White House on these issues, working with their party in Congress, with a lot more specifics.

This is, "It's 9AM and my final paper is due at 10:30AM and I haven't even started it...let me just jot down a few notes and see if the teacher will buy it."

After a decade of "REPEAL AND REPLACE!", they still do not have a health care plan. The one they attempted to pass earlier was written at the last minute, not over the decade they were complaining, and was a big step backwards.

Republicans are not a party of policy or ideas.

There were three years before covid and the election, two of which when Republicans had control over the House/Senate as well.

There are no excuses for this, it's simply not a priority or something that Republicans care much about except that it's a campaign issue. And they have no policy for the "air time" anyways. Just a few half-assed notes. Instead of the plan Trump said totes existed last week.
    I mean it's hard for republican lawmakers to create any policy when most of them are probably over 75 years old and already get provided free health care from the government. They just don't care anymore since it doesn't effect them personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, keep treating your politicians with less ire than game CEOs, your love will only flourish.

I don’t get it... the 15% tax cut Trump gave to people like Bobby Kotick, isn’t called a “both sides tax cut”. In fact, one candidate is running on exactly that. Oh and it’s not the billionaire real estate mogul who thinks you need ID to buy groceries. Should have asked his butler...

No, it also meant ratfucking ACA that was enacted by legislature. Something Trump is simply incapable of doing.

I don't know. Do the republicans have a health care plan? I haven't really heard one. All I hear is Trump saying phrases to the media like "lower drug costs and whatever whatever."
    Yes, it was called ACA... I don’t believe it had a name in the 90s... the goal is now to figure out how to ratfuck ACA, then take credit for it.

Strange... was enough time to defund pandemic response team, cut CDC budget by 19%, give Bobby Kotick a 15% tax cut and invite the Taliban over for brunch. Most of all... support small business, like this:

https://trumpgolfcount.com/