Poll: Ghosting, have you ever been Ghosted or Ghosted someone else?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Ghosting, have you ever been Ghosted or Ghosted someone else?

Ghosting is a colloquial term used to describe the practice of ceasing all communication and contact with a partner, friend, or similar individual without any apparent warning or justification and subsequently ignoring any attempts to reach out or communicate made by said partner, friend, or individual.[1][2] The term originated in the early 2000s. In the following decade, media reported a rise in ghosting, which has been attributed to the increasing use of social media and online dating apps.
    Ghosting, have you ever been Ghosted or Ghosted someone else?

Honestly NO, I have been turned down plenty, even told to fuck off, cheated early early on, Never have I been ghosted, or been a big enough coward to tell someone I don't like them or to fuck off if it calls for it.

What do you think about being ghosted, or ghosting anyone else?

It's a huge character flaw
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-09-25 at 04:57 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghosts aren't real no matter what the history channel says.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Ghosts aren't real no matter what the history channel says.
    Thanks for the Safety tip.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I got ghosted once. I just moved on because I expect some basic manners.

About several times just this week by a few people in these forums after responding to their post and "facts"
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Yea, about 2-3 years ago a coworker and I struck up a friendship. We went out a few times after work and everyone seemed to have a good time. Good jokes, drinks, conversation, and her husband and kids were very likable too. Both of our families got along. Seemed like a natural fit we would be friends for years potentially.

She was let-go after a few months, her position was largely temporary to begin with, and she sent me a text asking if I knew anyone hiring. I said I would ask around for sure. A few hours later I sent her information for a potential job after talking to a friend of a former client. It was all on the up & up. Legit job, she was qualified for and it probably would have paid pretty well too.

She never responded. Never texted back, did not pick up the phone. Never contacted the job I sent her. No replies to my emails. Nothing.

I swung by her house a couple of times and no one answered the door. I could see she was still active on social media for a few weeks after she ghosted me; but then she blocked or changed all her SM accounts and poof.

We never had any disagreements or hostility between us. I have no idea what went wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the time on dating apps. It makes me respect the people who have the decency to actually turn me down.

It's pretty damn annoying as a behavior, and really it's just encouraged by the rise of the internet and the "i want everything now" mentality that's come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, about 2-3 years ago a coworker and I struck up a friendship. We went out a few times after work and everyone seemed to have a good time. Good jokes, drinks, conversation, and her husband and kids were very likable too. Both of our families got along. Seemed like a natural fit we would be friends for years potentially.

She was let-go after a few months, her position was largely temporary to begin with, and she sent me a text asking if I knew anyone hiring. I said I would ask around for sure. A few hours later I sent her information for a potential job after talking to a friend of a former client. It was all on the up & up. Legit job, she was qualified for and it probably would have paid pretty well too.

She never responded. Never texted back, did not pick up the phone. Never contacted the job I sent her. No replies to my emails. Nothing.

I swung by her house a couple of times and no one answered the door. I could see she was still active on social media for a few weeks after she ghosted me; but then she blocked or changed all her SM accounts and poof.

We never had any disagreements or hostility between us. I have no idea what went wrong.
    seems like you were pretty hurt by this. im sorry
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

No never happened to me.
    Not yet anyway.

I finally put the OP on ignore after all these years of inane threads. Does that count ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    seems like you were pretty hurt by this. im sorry
    Eh, not really. I get over things pretty quickly, it was just odd. I don't have any ill will toward her at all. She was really fun to hang out with though!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If putting someone on here on ignore counts, then yeah. It doesn't bother me one way or the other however. I have always had the attitude, that if you dislike me, it is no big deal.
    There have been and still are, people I do not care to have any type of social contact with and I avoid them.

Other than my wife or kids, no one else really matters in the scheme of things important when it comes to their attitude about me. I have learned when someone is acting like a friend and if they are trying to use you for whatever reason they have, then they never where one.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Ghosting is a very weird thing - never done it, never had it done to me. Although I did most of my teenage and early 20's dating in the age before social media and the pervasiveness of smartphones was really a thing (the late 90's and early 00's), so I that's probably a factor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lot to say on the subject... but, I need to wash my hair... I’ll post about it in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Ghosting is a very weird thing - never done it, never had it done to me. Although I did most of my teenage and early 20's dating in the age before social media and the pervasiveness of smartphones was really a thing (the late 90's and early 00's), so I that's probably a factor.
    You never been ghosted? Let me tell you about it... hold on... the hair thing... brb...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, when a mate owed money and didn't wanna pay it back.

Never used social media besides WhatsApp with immediate family. So no.

I certainly have after talking to a friend about them. Turning conversations sexual too often.

Its pretty normal behaviour nowadays. reason is simple - people have such busy lives that they dont have time for people who are not beneficial to them .

if someone ghosts you just move on - other person never cared about you in first place.

It's common in Tinder. Sucks when you expected more grace from a person, but then again they don't owe it to you.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Eh, not really. I get over things pretty quickly, it was just odd. I don't have any ill will toward her at all. She was really fun to hang out with though!
    Still, what she did was wrong. And she should own up for it.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."