Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    One of the strongest mage on Azeroth made a flying ship
    Don't make me laugh. 'A' mage, only.

Jaina isn't special. She is just famous due to Warcraft 3 and gets a spotlight and deus ex machina powers but she isn't all that. She is simply a mage with a name, period. Khadgar could f*ck her up a million times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rngmonster The God View Post
    Hehe, complaining about the use of CATAPULTS but not talking about that hoooooooo Jaina and her Ship. KEKW
    Tbf: Jaina did not obliterate a city. And Jaina is way more powerful than some wooden catapults.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Don't make me laugh. 'A' mage, only.

Jaina isn't special. She is just famous due to Warcraft 3 and gets a spotlight and deus ex machina powers but she isn't all that. She is simply a mage with a name, period. Khadgar could f*ck her up a million times.
    She has the eye of Malygos or some other super powerful magical doodad. Not that I blame you, but didn't you play through Crapdaria's quest line?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    You've got a magical tree the size of a mountain miles away at sea, but Horde catapults equip their +50000 range + 50000$ gear and burn the shit down to a crisp in the matter of a night?

"It's a game, it's a magical world."

Give me a fucking break, you realize with that kind of firepower they could at any time teleport those catapults in Elwynn and literally blow up Stormwind in minutes?

What the hell were they firing, plot devices to the power absurdity? How many did they have, 10000 of them? What was Darnassus made of, rotten dead wood?

It's just idiotic, at this point a single catapult in Warcraft could probably take out Magtheridon in space in one hit if you judge by this event alone.
    Yeah you're late to the party here. This 'event' has been the main reason why so many people began to really despise wow's lore.

I do love WoW's lore and think it's great overall (including most of BFA's lore), but this one was just bad.

Fun fact: Jaina Proudmoore actually predicted the Burning of Teldrassil. In Tides of War, in an effort to urge the Kirin Tor to move against Garrosh, she cited an hypothetical destruction of Teldrassil, which she saw as a natural consequence of the fall of Theramore.

Though Jaina is far from being my favourite character, she is very cunning and wise, hence why she predicted the Burning of Teldrassil at the hands of the Horde all the way back in MoP.

When she heard from Anduin that Teldrassil was burned, she was probably thinking "Wait what? That actually happened? I knew it lol".
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-25 at 08:50 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its called azerite catapults

1. if I remember correctly Fire was lit by mages and a mix of azerite.

2. Most if not all druids are working on healing the giant sword sticking out of Azeroth.

3. Teldrassil was on top of an island not directly sticking out of the water.

15+ Year Old Account
    IMO, at the end of the day, the decision to torch Teldrassil ultimately boils down to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    IMO, at the end of the day, the decision to torch Teldrassil ultimately boils down to this:
    It may have been a stump, but it was our stump.

Does no one question the absurdity of how many civilians were left in Teldrassil? It takes a few hours to a few days to evacuate IRL coastal regions ahead of tropical storms by car. Teldrassil had two weeks and portals, there should have been no one left in the city by the time the Horde reached Darkshore. Was the Alliance planning to just let the Horde take their civilians prisoner if they took the tree by foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It may have been a stump, but it was our stump.
    I think he meant that its destruction was an excuse for it to be remade an expansion or two down the line, which I find it easy to believe.

This is what I consider the main problem with Blizzard's writing - which honestly has been the problem with their writing forever: They always, ALWAYS, go style over substance. If something looks cool but makes no sense, they see that as a better choice than doing something that makes perfect sense logically but doesn't look as cool.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtruk View Post
    Does no one question the absurdity of how many civilians were left in Teldrassil? It takes a few hours to a few days to evacuate IRL coastal regions ahead of tropical storms by car. Teldrassil had two weeks and portals, there should have been no one left in the city by the time the Horde reached Darkshore. Was the Alliance planning to just let the Horde take their civilians prisoner if they took the tree by foot?
    Teldrassil was a whole multi region land probably the equivalent of a us state and portals can only transport so many at any one time. Even open 24/7 there would be a a lot of people left.

its magic aka dont think about it. -blizzard
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I think he meant that its destruction was an excuse for it to be remade an expansion or two down the line, which I find it easy to believe.
    Or if not remade, at least replaced with something that actually looks decent. I don't know where we're going after Shadowlands, and I don't know that Blizzard is actually interested in creating a new capital city if it's not going to work as a player hub, but I feel like eventually the night elves will get a new home.

Even in a world of magic and such it was silly. Catapults can maybe lob projectiles at 1200-1300 feet in optimal conditions, and conditions weren't optimal when firing from a coast to another, the wind alone severely reduces the range and accuracy. Now, fine, they used shamanistic magic to guide the projectiles or whatever, but Teldrassil is far off the coast, even in game it looks more than a mile off and the shorts make it look far, far further away. Additionally, the projectiles seem to hit the top of the tree, or its midsection at least; because they travel in an arc, that would mean Teldrassil was still well within their effective range somehow, otherwise they'd have hit the base to little/no effect. To say nothing of the bark of an absurdly massive, young, wet, windswept and magic blessed tree catching fire in the blink of an eye. Yet somehow the Horde never uses these ICBM catapults again to easily obliterate Alliance fortifications or shoot gunships down in a single volley, or used by Sylvanas to nuke the rebel/Alliance forces before they even get within visual range of Orgrimmar.

It was pure Rule of Cool/Rule of Drama, which Blizzard promptly topped with Jaina's antics at Lordaeron, but two wrongs hardly make a right.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-09-25 at 09:09 PM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Worst thing to happen to Night Elf players. It will feel so much better when we butcher Sylvanas eventually.
    Sorry, we won’t.

She has the eye of Malygos or some other super powerful magical doodad. Not that I blame you, but didn't you play through Crapdaria's quest line?
    You're thinking of the Focusing Iris which she returned at the end of the book. She does have the Staff of Antonidas which absorbed the Thunder King's power so that is a powerful artifact.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're thinking of the Focusing Iris which she returned at the end of the book. She does have the Staff of Antonidas which absorbed the Thunder King's power so that is a powerful artifact.
    It absorbed barely anything, most of it was in the heart which was gobbled up by a certain racist caricature.

7+ Year Old Account
    You've got a magical tree the size of a mountain miles away at sea, but Horde catapults equip their +50000 range + 50000$ gear and burn the shit down to a crisp in the matter of a night?

"It's a game, it's a magical world."

Give me a fucking break, you realize with that kind of firepower they could at any time teleport those catapults in Elwynn and literally blow up Stormwind in minutes?

What the hell were they firing, plot devices to the power absurdity? How many did they have, 10000 of them? What was Darnassus made of, rotten dead wood?

It's just idiotic, at this point a single catapult in Warcraft could probably take out Magtheridon in space in one hit if you judge by this event alone.
    Stormwind is made of stone
    darnasus was made of wood

you really dont know the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content