Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alt leveling in legion mage tower question

Is it possible that we can use the mage tower if we level in the broken isles

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post

Doubtful, as that would mean they would have to do the same with MoP and Challenge Mode, same with WoD etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Doubtful, as that would mean they would have to do the same with MoP and Challenge Mode, same with WoD etc.
    Dammit. I was hoping. Maybe with time walking

It's almost definitely not coming back. People have been clamouring for the MoP sets & WoD weapons for so long, but Blizzard haven't even hinted at a possible return for any of them.

You've hundreds of alternatives to all of them except for the Feral/Guardian forms, which are a bit too unique to be time-gated like they were, but oh well.

Never gone happen too many whiney people in WoW that would complain. Limited available item skins are kind of bs to me. Nice weapon models from WoD, nice armors from MoP and nice models from Mage tower all a waste to Peter can feel good about a skin he has but never uses.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Never gone happen too many whiney people in WoW that would complain. Limited available item skins are kind of bs to me. Nice weapon models from WoD, nice armors from MoP and nice models from Mage tower all a waste to Peter can feel good about a skin he has but never uses.
    You had every opportunity to obtain them. Veteran players deserve special things and they’ve always gotten them since wows launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's almost definitely not coming back. People have been clamouring for the MoP sets
    i mean... those basically came back in legion, as recolors.

I believe those quests are still available, they just don't have the skins attached to them. I quit like 3 years ago though, something might have changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, those encounters are no longer accessible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I believe those quests are still available, they just don't have the skins attached to them. I quit like 3 years ago though, something might have changed.
    The starting quests, yes. But not the encounters themselves.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess only Herald of the Titans works that way. Mage tower was cool tho
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I feel bad for anyone missing on that guardian bear form. It is the most sick looking thing and makes me play druid every time I remember that I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You had every opportunity to obtain them. Veteran players deserve special things and they’ve always gotten them since wows launch.
    Speaking as a veteran player that has all these things, it's god damn stupid that they remove them. I have almost no interest in what other people's characters look like, especially years after the fact.

Blizzard's convinced people it's a good idea to have stuff with forced scarcity, instead of keeping difficult content difficult. Mage tower should scale down to a similar difficulty as the end of legion (read: nearly lfr levels) and remain. Things that reward just being there at the right time are dumb, and incentivise supporting the game through bad development and good.

Content should stand on its own merits through time and not be used as a mechanism to induce fomo subscriptions.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2020-09-26 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Speaking as a veteran player that has all these things, it's god damn stupid that they remove them. I have almost no interest in what other people's characters look like, especially years after the fact.

Blizzard's convinced people it's a good idea to have stuff with forced scarcity, instead of keeping difficult content difficult. Mage tower should scale down to a similar difficulty as the end of legion (read: nearly lfr levels) and remain. Things that reward just being there at the right time are dumb, and incentivise supporting the game through bad development and good.

Content should stand on its own merits through time and not be used as a mechanism to induce fomo subscriptions.
    That's how they keep a lot of people hooked on staying subscribed. By offering limited time mounts in heroic difficulty only during the expansion's life time and content like the Mage Tower etc. It works for them, but it sucks for the majority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Who'd have thunk a game company would reward you for being a loyal customer and grafting in challenging content? Those damn selfish paying customers!
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think next realistic window is Classic Legion in 2031.

But seriously, I really wish Blizzard would bring old 'lost' questlines, at least just content without rewards. Especially MoP questline, I took break for most MoP and Ordos is still blocked for me, also it's important piece of lore.

Dammit. I was hoping. Maybe with time walking
    its never coming back. dont hold your breath.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's almost definitely not coming back. People have been clamouring for the MoP sets & WoD weapons for so long, but Blizzard haven't even hinted at a possible return for any of them.

You've hundreds of alternatives to all of them except for the Feral/Guardian forms, which are a bit too unique to be time-gated like they were, but oh well.
    Truly they were for those dedicated enough to play the game and stick with it through a pretty rough time.

I regret not giving MoP a real chance until way too late in the expansion, as it was truly a wonderful expansion with amazing storytelling.

WoD... other than some of the questing and the raids, (I guess?) was baaaad. Holding the stuff from an obviously bad expansion hostage is downright mean. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post

Well said. I have almost all the MT appearances and would have no issue if Blizz brought them back somehow - yeah, I hauled ass and earned them, but I did so because I wanted them. Not so I could be like 'HEY LOSERS I HAVE SOMETHING YOU CAN'T HAVE' - which is a depressingly common mentality among gamers.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I am gonna tell you something shocking now but....WHAT IF you didn't have the opportuntiy to obtain them? What if you had to start a new account in Legion and the 7.2 till end of Legion period perfectly coincided with your 1 single exchange year in the country of your dreams Japan (which you had to work very hard to be among the few to earn for years?!) and you also had to study really hard for university (pushing your health and sanity to their limits?!) and could not afford leveling 11 alts and gearing up all of them in time to get all the skins you want? SHOCKER, I know! Inconceivable! The fucking slacker casuals deserve to look at the mighty veterans in awe and RESPEKT them, right?

Man, how can my FELLOW veterans be this pathetic? I've been playing this game for 14 years, have earned multiple Legacy and "you had to be there" items and I can handle the thought that I don't need to be a special snowflake to enjoy the game. How come all these other "veterans" cannot?

PS: And if my sarcasm and example weren't enough, let me paraphrase this: WHY must we choose between real life and a game? I get it that in life we have to choose the things we want and fight for them but... that's exactly why that's life and this is a game? A game is supposed to be a relaxing and immersive escape from reality (be it for good or for bad reasons). I challenge myself every day in life in every possible sphere. Why must I be punished for that within the other world that I love - Azeroth?
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2020-09-26 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I am gonna tell you something shocking now but....WHAT IF you didn't have the opportuntiy to obtain them? What if you had to start a new account in Legion and the 7.2 till end of Legion period perfectly coincided with your 1 single exchange year in the country of your dreams Japan.
    Then you have 300+ alternatives per slot (unless Druid) & a lot more to show for that time than a silly transmog appearance.

I didn't get Scarab Lord, but there's 250+ titles in this game... Why would I care? Just use something else.