Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I think you missed the most important part!
    It is, but given that they don’t hold anyone accountable with an “R” next to their name, it doesn’t matter

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

In a development that hasn't been needed recently...ever?...the Pentagon is still refusing to intervene in the upcoming 2020 election.

I don't know if they've ever had to go on the record to say this before, Civil War aside. Can anyone find such a thing?
    don't worry the folks over in the 2A thread said this is what their guns are for!!!
    Fighting against the tyrannical govt....oh wait....they support trump, oh never mind I guess they will just sit in their basement and play with their guns instead.

Only positive this administration has going for them, they proven what huge hypocrites the 2A and gun owners are.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trending on Twitter is one of the Mueller flunkies doing an interview about how he didn't want to pursue the Russia collusion because it "wasn't there". And we wonder why they didn't find anything. Republicans are using it as vindication, but all I see from it is someone who didn't want to do his job. The whole Mueller investigation was a missed opportunity because no one wanted to actually fucking investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Of course the judge is wrong we have daily evidence of Fox viewer's taking all they say (especially Tucker) to heart. What Tucker says is often the 'talking point' of Trumpsters the very next day.

Very clever to use a 'standard' that is obviously not being met in reality, but the judge can pretend Tucker viewers are ''reasonable''.

No reasonable person would watch Tucker I agree. No reasonable person would vote for Trump. But these aren't reasonable people, now are they?
    That’s exactly my point. But the issue is that the audience isn’t on trial. And unless they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that Tucker Carlson directly influenced someone to violence, he’ll roam free. He knows that. And the judge was biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Republicans are using it as vindication
    If I were starving to death, I'd call a packet of Saltines a feast. It's harder and harder for Republicans to find victory when there are 200 thousand plus dead and jobs/the GDP are underwater.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-b603082.html

Donald Trump is running a patriotic “made in the USA” campaign ad that features footage manufactured in Russia.

The president’s latest ad focuses on the economy and shows factory workers in hard hats and children playing in a field.

“We built the greatest economy in world history and now we’re doing it again,” the advert boasts.

But eight seconds into the advert it cuts to a conveyor belt with boxes labelled ‘MADE IN USA’, which were created by Russian-based photographer and illustrator Novikov Aleksey, the Daily Beast reports.

And they state that in the Shutterstock listing for the footage there are also ‘MADE IN IRAN’, ‘MADE IN RUSSIA’ and ‘MADE IN CHINA’ versions available.

The same advert for Mr Trump also uses footage of an Illinois steel plant that fired more than 700 workers in the spring, according to Vice News.
    Trump seems to love Russia more than the US based on the fact that his campaign keeps putting Russian footage and images into their "patriotic, pro-American" adverts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not specifically Trump, but related to the state of people that are emboldened by him....

.... The batshit crazy people like DeAnna.
    I made that joke months ago... can’t believe someone is seriously saying it... lol

Brilliant... they tried to normalized masks, by putting Antonio Brown behind one... This Antonio Brown?

Are you sure?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

saw ron paul stroke out on a livestream and did nadler shit himself the other day?

we need a welfare system that lets people completely fuck off at 65 and prohibits them from doing anything apart from fishin with the bois and book clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    saw ron paul stroke out on a livestream and did nadler shit himself the other day?

we need a welfare system that lets people completely fuck off at 65 and prohibits them from doing anything apart from fishin with the bois and book clubs.
    At least Ron Paul isn't in politics anymore.

But I don't disagree. The number of septuagenarians and octogenarians in Congress is silly.

At least the average is in the late 50's/early 60's thanks to some of the younger freshman members that unseated older incumbents in the past handful of elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If I'm re-elected," Trump announced, "I will make Juneteenth a federal holiday, and name the KKK a terrorist organization."

"Why don't you do it right now?" everyone immediately asked.

"Well, then you wouldn't vote for me," Trump admitted.

"So, we're supposed to take your word for it that you'll do these things, despite breaking so many promises and being a blatant racist on multiple occasions?" everyone asked. "It sounds to me like this matter isn't important to you. It sounds like being re-elected is important to you. Otherwise you'd do it. Like, right now. Like, just get off the golf course, head to the Oval Office, and do it. Right now."

"Well," Trump said, "do you think Biden would d--"

"Both of those, in a heartbeat," everyone said. "You're not promising anything we weren't going to get anyhow."

He's literally doing the wet tissue thing. Throw as much as you can at the wall and hope it sticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The fact people
    Oh, so you're not ignoring me? That's cool.

By the way, you never answered my challenge -- any of them, but most importantly this one. And I specifically called you out, too.

You have therefore admitted Trump lied (by a lot) about the death toll of COVID-19, and further, have admitted you are a coward by refusing to answer the challenge.

As such, your reply is being summarily disregarded.

Speaking of the COVID-19 death count in red states, Florida is removing all restrictions on bars and restaurants, having recently opened beaches as well. This is despite Fauci saying we're still in the first wave, and it's not even flu season yet.

As the confirmed COVID-19 case count in the U.S. hovers around 7 million, Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, says the public needs to begin preparing for the “challenge” of fall and winter.

Fall and winter are typically when influenza peaks among the U.S. population. With the coronavirus still spreading in communities across the country, duel outbreaks of the flu and COVID-19 threaten to overwhelm the health care apparatus.

As people begin to move indoors in closer spaces with circulated air, and temperatures get cooler, health experts fear COVID-19 will spread at a faster rate, similar to the flu.

Per data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the flu kills anywhere from 12,000 to 61,000 people annually. COVID-19 infections have already caused the deaths of 200,000 Americans, and cases are still spreading, especially in new hotspots like the Midwest.

These continued upticks lead Fauci to confirm that the U.S. is still in its first wave, since the baseline of new infections never lowered significantly.

"Rather than say, 'A second wave,' why don't we say, 'Are we prepared for the challenge of the fall and the winter?'" Fauci told CNN reporters.
    Fauci was quite clear, however, that following health guidelines (well, when the CDC doesn't add/remove them in 24 hours or so) will not only continue to combat COVID-19, but also lighten the flu season (and the US has an historic level of flu vaccines ready to go). Florida just did the opposite.

But that's Fauci. Always willing to meet tough questions with tough answers, even if they're not answers people want to hear. At least Fauci isn't a gutless, snivelling, craven coward hiding in his bunker, crying into his single scoop of ice cream, blubbering about people buying insurance then not getting sick (which is a stupid fucking point to make from someone who buys car insurance but doesn't run anyone over, buys homeowner/renter insurance but haven't had their house burn down, and buys life insurance but hasn't died yet) and afraid to admit their chosen leader might actually be wrong once or twice when they make shit up at random with no supporting evidence.

Might have been post but Trump trying to appeal to African Americans name it the "Platinum Plan". Why not Bling Bling or some other degrading name associated with wealth to the African American community.

I will bet anything it was 10 white people sitting around thinking of this name. It's effin tacky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "If I'm re-elected," Trump announced, "I will make Juneteenth a federal holiday, and name the KKK a terrorist organization."

"Why don't you do it right now?" everyone immediately asked.

"Well, then you wouldn't vote for me," Trump admitted.

"So, we're supposed to take your word for it that you'll do these things, despite breaking so many promises and being a blatant racist on multiple occasions?" everyone asked. "It sounds to me like this matter isn't important to you. It sounds like being re-elected is important to you. Otherwise you'd do it. Like, right now. Like, just get off the golf course, head to the Oval Office, and do it. Right now."

"Well," Trump said, "do you think Biden would d--"

"Both of those, in a heartbeat," everyone said. "You're not promising anything we weren't going to get anyhow."
    His holiday proposal would have been great if it was a Republican Congress. Of course in some alternate shitty universe where I would not have to visit, I would also love to see Trump bringing this up again.

While I can't speak for the African American majority I'm betting a federal holiday is not a top priority.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Might have been post but Trump trying to appeal to African Americans name it the "Platinum Plan". Why not Bling Bling or some other degrading name associated with wealth to the African American community.

I will bet anything it was 10 white people sitting around thinking of this name. It's effin tacky.

- - - Updated - - -

His holiday proposal would have been great if it was a Republican Congress. Of course in some alternate shitty universe where I would not have to visit, I would also love to see Trump bringing this up again.

While I can't speak for the African American majority I'm betting a federal holiday is not a top priority.
    Yep.

He had over 3 years to not only propose this but make it a reality. So why now? Only the gullible (his base) and the low information voter will fall for this. He nor his administration can even admit that Black Lives do matter so this is nothing but BS.

This is pandering like he's always done. In 2018, he wanted to give the middle class a tax cut right before the mid-terms and if anyone held their breath for this, they would have died. It's nothing but insulting to think that by throwing this "bone", somehow he can convince black voters that after all of the horrific things that transpired just in the past year, somehow this will swing their vote to him. Maybe he will get some, simply because the black vote isn't a monolith, but I doubt it will make a difference because again, this would appeal to only his base or a low information voter. And speaking as an Afro-Latino, I see that con a mile away.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Yep.

He had over 3 years to not only propose this but make it a reality. So why now? Only the gullible (his base) and the low information voter will fall for this. He nor his administration can even admit that Black Lives do matter so this is nothing but BS.

This is pandering like he's always done. In 2018, he wanted to give the middle class a tax cut right before the mid-terms and if anyone held their breath for this, they would have died. It's nothing but insulting to think that by throwing this "bone", somehow he can convince black voters that after all of the horrific things that transpired just in the past year, somehow this will swing their vote to him. Maybe he will get some, simply because the black vote isn't a monolith, but I doubt it will make a difference because again, this would appeal to only his base or a low information voter. And speaking as an Afro-Latino, I see that con a mile away.
    If anything I think this move will make his stock go down with his base.

*paraphrasing some corn mash-drunk, camo-clad redneck:* "Trump's givvin' free money to the blacks? Sounds like he's cracking to the SJW pressure!" *expectorates into spitoon*
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

53,629 new cases; about 2k more than last Friday.

Texas: 4,646 new cases; 97 deaths
    California: 4,078 new cases; 133 deaths
    Fuck Florida and DeSantis. Good luck to anyone with any intelligence that lives there.
    Illinois: 2,805 new cases; 33 deaths
    Wisconsin: 2,504 new cases; 9 deaths
    Alabama: 2,452 new cases (new record); 3 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,910 new cases; 42 deaths
    Missouri: 1,765 new cases; 12 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,693 new cases; 28 deaths
    Georgia: 1,468 new cases; 52 deaths
    Utah: 1,411 new cases (new record); 4 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,276 new cases; 12 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,195 new cases; 18 deaths
    Kansas: 1,185 new cases; 1 death
    Minnesota: 1,177 new cases; 6 deaths
    Indiana: 1,171 new cases; 18 deaths
    Ohio: 1,147 new cases; 18 deaths
    Iowa: 1,132 new cases; 6 deaths
    Michigan: 1,040 new cases; 8 deaths

As you can see, it's getting bad in several areas again. Wisconsin and Minnesota both posted their second-highest totals. Oklahoma hit their highest since the end of July and Utah and Alabama hit new records. In the case of Alabama it MIGHT be a correction but I'm not seeing anything saying with certainty that it is. I used to hope we could at least get back down to 20-25k...now I'm forced to hope we're staying at the current 40-45k plateau and not going back UP.

The good news is that there were "only" 895 deaths, bringing the total to 208,440. It seems we're going to be seeing 210k by Monday or Tuesday which just seems so FAST to me, but there it is. Depending on how tomorrow goes we might be able to escape the week with only one 1k+ day, so...look on the bright side, I guess.

Related News:

Europe's second wave is upon us, so take heed, US.
    Fewer than 10% in the US have antibodies to the novel coronavirus--so much for herd mentality immunity.
    Two charged in deadly COVID-19 outbreak at Massachusetts veterans' home--negligence is finally being punished at SOME level. Too bad Trump, the guy responsible for a good portion of those 200k+ deaths, won't be held responsible.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not specifically Trump, but related to the state of people that are emboldened by him....

.... The batshit crazy people like DeAnna.
    She does have them crazy eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Dennis Quaid? CeCe Winans?! Who the actual fuck?!
    Do you think Trump gets tired of being surrounded by nothing but nutters, hasbeens and B-listers? Literally everything he does is a sad joke. I almost feel bad for him... Almost.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Wait. So now we should listen to Hollywood elites?
    No, we should spend 300 million on telling people to not worry about a virus, instead of sending out masks and disinfectant that people need to worry less about the virus.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi