I'm kind of concerned that Trump is purposely inflaming racial tensions and hostilities here, in a southern strategy type of play. He constantly treats all protests as if they are violent riots, and the few times he has discussed peaceful protests, he picks ones that he can criticize (such as Kapernick or the NBA players thinking of striking). He'll tweet support the cops or people that back the cops (like Kyle Rittenhouse), and while he's not overt enough to be called out about it, it seems pretty clear that he wants these protests to happen. The media goes over board with discussing it, almost on a daily basis. Trump himself in almost every speech discusses the "lawlessness" and completely ignores why people are protesting. Meanwhile there are a lot of people that don't follow the issue closely, but see rioters lighting stuff on fire and vandalizing shit, and end up being concerned. I feel like the way the media is representing these stories is kinda playing right into Trump's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm kind of concerned that Trump is purposely inflaming racial tensions and hostilities here, in a southern strategy type of play. He constantly treats all protests as if they are violent riots, and the few times he has discussed peaceful protests, he picks ones that he can criticize (such as Kapernick or the NBA players thinking of striking). He'll tweet support the cops or people that back the cops (like Kyle Rittenhouse), and while he's not overt enough to be called out about it, it seems pretty clear that he wants these protests to happen. The media goes over board with discussing it, almost on a daily basis. Trump himself in almost every speech discusses the "lawlessness" and completely ignores why people are protesting. Meanwhile there are a lot of people that don't follow the issue closely, but see rioters lighting stuff on fire and vandalizing shit, and end up being concerned. I feel like the way the media is representing these stories is kinda playing right into Trump's hands.
    keep your eyes on portland tommorow, its going to be a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Did I hear right that a bunch of out of state/city Proud Bois are showing up to protest against racial justice and holding police accountable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    should be good for bumblebee tuna sales at least
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did I hear right that a bunch of out of state/city Proud Bois are showing up to protest against racial justice and holding police accountable?
    yea they dont have a permit but the cops consider them friendlies. They have openly stated thier goal is to get the police to use gas on counter protesters. Think there is a seperate 2A rally as well which could get messy.

Just follow Jason Wilson really https://twitter.com/jason_a_w he covers this stuff pretty well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    should be good for bumblebee tuna sales at least
    It might get pretty bad...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    So now body cam footage from a responding patrol officer after the Breonna Taylor shooting has been released.

Here's the 'plain clothes' the officers were wearing during the raid that everyone keeps using as an excuse for Walker shooting at them since there was apparently no way for him to know they were police; I guess the guns, badges, and prominent 'POLICE' written on both sides of all three of their vests were just too subtle:

This in addition to the witness who testified that they did identify themselves as police while knocking.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So now body cam footage from a responding patrol officer after the Breonna Taylor shooting has been released.

Here's the 'plain clothes' the officers were wearing during the raid that everyone keeps using as an excuse for Walker shooting at them since there was apparently no way for him to know they were police; I guess the guns, badges, and prominent 'POLICE' written on both sides of all three of their vests were just too subtle:

This in addition to the witness who testified that they did identify themselves as police while knocking.
    Cool.

Why did they shoot an unarmed woman in th apartment and then let her die?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Cool.

Because they were shot at by Kenneth Walker, returned fire, and don't have perfect accuracy?

Because they were shot at by Kenneth Walker, returned fire, and don't have perfect accuracy?
    Cool, why did they let her die for 20+ minutes instead calling an ambulance?

Then why did they try too cover their tracks by trying make a deal with this evil criminal Walker to avoid jail time if he implicated the now dead Taylor?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

https://i.imgur.com/WNl3ZZp.png

https://i.imgur.com/3JPNWj6.png

Wait are we pretending that when people are kicking in your door in the middle of the night you have to wait until you have a clear and well light sight of them before you can fire? Shit that’s gonna hurt a lot of Castle doctrine people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn’t this an argument for police to kill 2A supporters protecting their homes?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Cool.

Because I guess that what can happen when you are caught in a crossfire.

And the boyfriend did open fire because he probably did not know there were police so he did not hear the warning because of the ramming of the door or they did not say it. And obviously, in the heat of the moment, you won't probably notice the "Police" on the clothing.

The big issue here is the law that allows people to have guns to defend their home. It is stupid and it leads to that kind of incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, why did they let her die for 20+ minutes instead calling an ambulance?

Then why did they try too cover their tracks by trying make a deal with this evil criminal Walker to avoid jail time if he implicated the now dead Taylor?
    Odd, since the Kentucky AG said in his press conference that she died almost immediately, and the Jefferson County coroner said that even if she were shot right outside of an emergency room, they wouldn't have been able to save her.

Oh and in the body cam footage they are cursing that an ambulance is 30 minutes out for even their own guy who is shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfmoRL2tOkI

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd, since the Kentucky AG said in his press conference that she died almost immediately, and the Jefferson County coroner said that even if she were shot right outside of an emergency room, they wouldn't have been able to save her.
    How did the cops know that?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Did the cops use there X-ray vision to deduce this so they already knew they didn’t have to help?

Oh and in the body cam footage they are cursing that an ambulance is 30 minutes out for even their own guy who is shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfmoRL2tOkI
    I feel like you think you answered my questions, but I assure you, you didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not her?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did nothing wrong why the payout?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Did the cops use there X-ray vision to deduce this so they already knew they didn’t have to help?
    No they weren't even in the apartment at that point, nor did they know Taylor was shot.

The timeline, according to Walker, Police, witnesses who called 911, and the coroner was:

- 12:40-12:41am: They started banging on the door, for 45 seconds to 1 minute, which rustled Taylor and Walker from bed; Walker grabbed his gun presuming it was Taylor's drug dealer ex-boyfriend (his own words). With no response, the police whipped out a battering ram and broke the door down. Walker fired one single shot at them and struck Officer Mattingly. Mattingly and Cosgrove returned fire (striking Taylor) and retreated out of the apartment. Simultaneously, Hankinson, who was outside next to a window and with no view of the suspects, pulled his gun out and started blindly firing through a window, hence his being fired and being charged with wanton endangerment since his bullets went through the wall and into the next apartment over nearly hitting three (four if you count the woman's unborn child as a person) bystanders.

- 12:42am: First 911 calls of gunshots started coming in.

- 12:43am: First dispatch call reporting an officer had been shot.

- 12:44am: Police got on the radio and request EMS and SWAT.

- 12:47am: Walker, who was alone in the apartment with Taylor at that point, called Taylor's mom and then called 911.

- 12:48am: Approximately when Taylor died from her fatal wound, according to the coroner (gunshot hit just above her heart, destroying her primary pulmonary artery connecting her heart to her lungs).

- 12:57am: Police got on the radio and reported they were 'calling the subject out' (Walker was still in the apartment alone at this point).

- 1:00am: Walker finally came out and surrendered to police, he was taken into custody.

Police didn't enter the apartment again until 20+ minutes after they initially broke down the door, after Walker surrendered to them...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why not her?
    See above, she was already dead for 10+ minutes by the time the police re-entered the apartment.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2020-09-26 at 05:55 PM.