Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    will this cover my bleach injections?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean it's hard for republican lawmakers to create any policy when most of them are probably over 75 years old and already get provided free health care from the government. They just don't care anymore since it doesn't effect them personally.
    None of their healthcare or insurance is free or even close to free.

They have to pay a % (around 28%) of their premiums and have deductibles and other cost sharing like COPAY's.

If they are over 75 they get the same Medicare coverage as any other citizen of the united states.

You can even look at their plan on line.

and here is the big shocker. The plan, is through the ACA. They are also forced, if they want the 72% paid for, to choose the more expensive gold plans.

https://www.carefirst.com/congress/a...s-brochure.pdf
    https://www.carefirst.com/congress/a...s-brochure.pdf
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    will this cover my bleach injections?
    Stop lying! He said it was disinfectant!

I’m personally more scared of the demon spunk... no mention of coverage for that or our god given oxygen.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Wait. Isn't Trump trying to give $200 to senior citizens through executive order now?

I saw the headline today but admit I did not read into it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Yes, it was called ACA... I don’t believe it had a name in the 90s... the goal is now to figure out how to ratfuck ACA, then take credit for it.
    it was also passed in Massachusetts and forced everyone in the state to buy insurance or pay a penalty.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massac...th_care_reform

many years later it was termed "Romneycare" since it was signed by the republican gov.

This is all based on the Heritage foundation and Hillary clinton's health initiatives back in the late 1980s-1990s. Heritage was the ones who came up with the idea of individual mandates on the republican side

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...are-plan-1993/
    1993: Republican Sen. John Chafee of Rhode Island was the point man. The bill he introduced, Health Equity and Access Reform Today, (yes, that spells HEART) had a list of 20 co-sponsors that was a who’s who of Republican leadership. There was Minority Leader Bob Dole, R- Kan., Sens. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, Richard Lugar, R-Ind., and many others. There also were two Democratic co-sponsors.

Among other features, the Chafee bill included:

An individual mandate;

Creation of purchasing pools;

Standardized benefits;

Vouchers for the poor to buy insurance;

A ban on denying coverage based on a pre-existing condition.

"You would find a great deal of similarity to provisions in the Affordable Care Act," Sheila Burke, Dole’s chief of staff in 1993, told PunditFact via email. "The guys were way ahead of the times!! Different crowd, different time, suffice it to say."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Wait. Isn't Trump trying to give $200 to senior citizens through executive order now?

I saw the headline today but admit I did not read into it.
    Ya but he has to do some really shady accounting shit in order to make it legal since it has to be revenue netural because he can't create new spending programs under Medicare without congressional approval.

Another thing the courts will shoot down.
    Another thing that is promised for "after the elections" that will never happen and just be dropped by the WH
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I said "air time", not "time to work on policy". Like, I'm sure they had "something", but I haven't heard of it.
    And they have had plenty of "air time", before the election and covid, to announce what their plans are. And, even when there isn't a pandemic, Healthcare plans are always quite newsworthy. If they had some big plan for healthcare right now...you can bet there would be plenty of air time dedicated to it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it's hard for republican lawmakers to create any policy when most of them are probably over 75 years old and already get provided free health care from the government. They just don't care anymore since it doesn't effect them personally.
    Their age does not matter. They were elected to represent the interests of the people of their districts...not their own.

Also, your position has changed substantially from "I'm sure they have something" to "they don't have anything because they are old and self-interested".
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-09-26 at 12:39 AM.

I said "air time", not "time to work on policy". Like, I'm sure they had "something", but I haven't heard of it.
    Nope, they have NEVER had anything, because Trump has been trying to kill this shit since his first day in office. Claiming they were going to repeal and replace, but they have never had a bill to replace it with. You would think you would make a bill before you kick MILLIONS off healthcare.

Like, I'm sure they had "something", but I haven't heard of it.
    They really, really don't have much. Especially that they can agree on within their caucus. Healthcare policy is just not something that the GOP has cared much about, historically. You saw the disaster that was their ACA "skinny" repeal going down in flames, yes?

And it doesn't help that the Dems basically stole their "plan" with the ACA- since it bears striking resemblance to parts of a Senate GOP plan from the 90's and a bipartisan plan from 2006-ish. The Dems went with the "private market reforms" healthcare plan thinking they could get the GOP on board, but the GOP distanced themselves from their own previous ideas for political reasons...so the only ways for the GOP to go on healthcare are a) to the left, where Dems are heading (though not fast enough), or b) to the right, into the "people should just up and die if they can't afford healthcare" zone.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on a sec... so...

Trump sends 300 bucks, that we then send to insurance companies.
    Our employer sends money to insurance companies.
    Employees send money to their employers, who then send that money to insurance companies.
    The government then reimburses parts of what the employer sent to insurance companies.
    Government also sends money to insurance companies, as part of subsidies.

Every time there is a transaction, there is an added fee. This is a shit ton of transactions, that all simply end up in insurance company coffers. Why all the middle men? Let’s just tally up all the bullshit and send our money directly to insurance companies and let them figure it out. I know hiding the cost is important, but isn’t it starting to accede the benefit, when the cost is this astronomical?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I watched the signing of that pre-existing conditions executive order, and I wondered why he'd be doing such a thing. I don't understand why an executive order would be needed for a health plan that has yet to be worked on in committees. I really wish he'd just stop fucking with my healthcare. It's not good as it is, but it's far better than anything proposed. I am very eager to see any good proposals for new government healthcare, I just haven't seen anything that tops Obamacare yet.
    Because his follower are dumb as shit and believe anything. This may help sway a few brain dead seniors and idiots with preexisting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Hold on a sec... so...

Trump sends 300 bucks, that we then send to insurance companies.
    Our employer sends money to insurance companies.
    Employees send money to their employers, who then send that money to insurance companies.
    The government then reimburses parts of what the employer sent to insurance companies.
    Government also sends money to insurance companies, as part of subsidies.

Every time there is a transaction, there is an added fee. This is a shit ton of transactions, that all simply end up in insurance company coffers. Why all the middle men? Let’s just tally up all the bullshit and send our money directly to insurance companies and let them figure it out. I know hiding the cost is important, but isn’t it starting to accede the benefit, when the cost is this astronomical?
    Nah most of these "transactions" are "bill payments" for services. there is no transaction fee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I watched the signing of that pre-existing conditions executive order, and I wondered why he'd be doing such a thing. I don't understand why an executive order would be needed for a health plan that has yet to be worked on in committees. I really wish he'd just stop fucking with my healthcare. It's not good as it is, but it's far better than anything proposed. I am very eager to see any good proposals for new government healthcare, I just haven't seen anything that tops Obamacare yet.
    Because he can claim that little piece of paper can do anything.....and his followers eat it up.

He could basically say the EO allows every person to fly, and there would be people jumping off buildings in belief that same day
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Isn't the term Trumpcare an oxymoron?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Because he can claim that little piece of paper can do anything.....and his followers eat it up.

He could basically say the EO allows every person to fly, and there would be people jumping off buildings in belief that same day
    Claiming it can do something and making it do something are two different things. It'll have to be brought to the courts to enforce it. Oh wait. Trump has packed the courts. Whether it's for the good or bad, we all get to experience "republican deep state" for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Because his follower are dumb as shit and believe anything. This may help sway a few brain dead seniors and idiots with preexisting conditions.
    Honestly that's true. It's upsetting that after seeing good executive orders that Trump has done in his term, and seeing basically a campaign event in the exact same setting is pretty upsetting to me. He's done good shit in the executive order setting, and he's done bad shit in that setting. This was nothing, just a fluff piece photo opportunity. The more I think about it, the more it disgusts me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I just hope Biden wins, cant stand the orange man!

10+ Year Old Account
    TRUMPCARE

First article

1. Donald J. Trump does not care.

This September 28th, 2020, a little after breakfast
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    TRUMPCARE

First article

Greatest post I have seen on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    TRUMPCARE

First article

Do something!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Do something!
    JOBS!

I found a timeline of Trump's health care promises. Yes, it's a wall of text, that's not my fault. It's Trump's fault for promising over and over something he never provided.

2016: The Campaign Trail

Trump tweeted in February that he would immediately repeal and replace Obamacare and that his plan would save money and result in better health care.

By March, a blueprint, “Healthcare Reform to Make America Great Again,” was posted on his campaign website. It echoed popular GOP talking points but was skimpy on details.

During his speech accepting the Republican nomination in July, Trump again promised to repeal Obamacare and alluded to ways his replacement would be better. And, by October, Trump promised that within his first 100 days in office he would repeal and replace Obamacare. During his final week of campaigning, he suggested asking Congress to come in for a special session to repeal the health care law quickly.

2017: The First Year in Office

January and February:

Trump told The Washington Post in a January interview that he was close to completing his health care plan and that he wanted to provide “insurance for everybody.”

He tweeted Feb. 17 that while Democrats were delaying Senate confirmation of Tom Price, his pick to lead the Department of Health and Human Services, the “repeal and replacement of ObamaCare is moving fast!”

And, on Feb. 28, in his joint address to Congress, Trump discussed his vision for replacing Obamacare. “The way to make health insurance available to everyone is to lower the cost of health insurance, and that is what we are going to do,” he said.

March: Eyes on Congress — And Twitter

House Republicans, with backing from the White House, were the ones to introduce new health legislation, the American Health Care Act (AHCA). The repeal-and-replace bill kept in place some of the more popular provisions of the ACA. Some conservative Republicans said the bill didn’t go far enough, deriding it as “Obamacare Lite” and refusing to vote on it.

On March 9, Trump tweeted, “Despite what you hear in the press, healthcare is coming along great. We are talking to many groups and it will end in a beautiful picture!”

Later that month, as efforts to pass the AHCA continued to stall, Trump updated his earlier promise.

“And I never said — I guess I’m here, what, 64 days? I never said repeal and replace Obamacare. You’ve all heard my speeches. I never said repeal it and replace it within 64 days. I have a long time,” said Trump in his remarks from the Oval Office on March 24. (Which was true; he had said within 100 days.) “But I want to have a great health care bill and plan, and we will. It will happen. And it won’t be in the very distant future.”

April and May: A Roller-Coaster Ride of Legislation and Celebration, Then …

After an intraparty dust-up, the House narrowly passed the AHCA on May 4. Despite tepid support in the Republican-controlled Senate, Trump convened a Rose Garden celebratory event to mark the House’s passage, saying he felt “so confident” about the measure. He also congratulated Republican lawmakers on what he termed “a great plan” and “incredibly well-crafted.”

Nonetheless, Senate Republicans first advanced their own replacement bill, the Better Care Reconciliation Act, but ultimately voted on a “skinny repeal” that would have eliminated the employer mandate and given broad authority to states to repeal sections of the ACA. It failed to gain passage when Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) gave it a historic thumbs-down in the wee hours of July 28.

September and October: Moving On … But Not

Trump began September by signaling in a series of tweets that he was moving on from health reform.

But on Oct. 12, he signed an executive order allowing for health care plans to be sold that don’t meet the regulatory standards set up in the Affordable Care Act. The next day, Trump tweeted, “ObamaCare is a broken mess. Piece by piece we will now begin the process of giving America the great HealthCare it deserves!”

Roughly two weeks later, on Oct. 29, Trump got back to the promise with this tweet: “… we will … have great Healthcare soon after Tax Cuts!”

2019: More Talk, More Tweets
    "Whoa whoa whoa! What happened to 2018?"

Trump said nearly nothing about health care in 2018.

March and April: A Moving Target

It seems that 2018 was a quiet time — at least for presidential promises regarding a soon-to-be-unveiled health plan. It was reported that conservative groups were working on an Obamacare replacement plan. But in 2019, Trump again took up the health plan mantle with this March 26 tweet: “The Republican Party will become ‘The Party of Healthcare!’” Two days later, in remarks to reporters before boarding Marine One, Trump said that “we’re working on a plan now,” but again updated the timeline, saying, “There’s no very great rush from the standpoint” because he was waiting on the court decision for Obamacare. This was a reference to Texas v. U.S., the lawsuit brought by a group of Republican governors to overturn the ACA. It is currently pending before the Supreme Court.

Backtracking from his earlier promises to repeal and replace Obamacare within his first 100 days in office, Trump on April 3 tweeted: “I was never planning a vote prior to the 2020 Election on the wonderful HealthCare package that some very talented people are now developing for me & the Republican Party. It will be on full display during the Election as a much better & less expensive alternative to ObamaCare…”

June 16:

In an interview with ABC News, Trump again said a health care plan would be coming shortly.

“We’re going to produce phenomenal health care. And we already have the concept of the plan. And it’ll be much better health care,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos. When Stephanopoulos asked if he was going to tell people what the plan was, Trump responded: “Yeah, we’ll be announcing that in two months, maybe less.”

June 26:

But then, timing again changed as Trump promised a sweeping health plan after the 2020 election. “If we win the House back, keep the Senate and keep the presidency, we’ll have a plan that blows away ObamaCare,” Trump said in a speech to the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Road to the Majority conference.

Oct. 3:

He reiterated this post-2020 election pledge in a speech to Florida retirees. “If the Republicans take back the House, keep the Senate, keep the presidency — we’re gonna have a fantastic plan,” Trump said.

Oct. 25:

Trump told reporters that Republicans have a “great” health care plan. “You’ll have health care the likes of which you’ve never seen,” he said.

2020: ‘Two Weeks’

Feb. 10:

During a White House business session with governors, Trump commented on the Republican governors’ lawsuit to undo the ACA and whether protections for preexisting conditions would be lost: “If a law is overturned, that’s OK, because the new law’s going to have it in.”

May 6:

During the signing of a proclamation to honor National Nurses Day, Trump again said Obamacare would be replaced “with great healthcare at a lesser price, and preexisting conditions will be included and you won’t have the individual mandate.”

July 19:

Trump told Chris Wallace in a Fox News interview that a health care plan would be unveiled within two weeks: “We’re signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do.”

July 31:

With no sign of a plan yet, reporters asked Trump about it at a Florida event. Trump responded that a “very inclusive” health care plan was coming and “I’ll be signing it sometime very soon.”

Aug. 3:

Pushing the timeline once again, Trump said during a press briefing that the health care plan would be introduced “hopefully, prior to the end of the month.”

Aug. 7:

Citing his two-week timeline once again, Trump said during a press briefing that he would pursue a major executive order in the next two weeks “requiring health insurance companies to cover all preexisting conditions for all customers.” Trump also said that covering preexisting conditions had “never been done before,” despite the ACA provisions outlining protections for people who have preexisting conditions being among the law’s most popular components. The Trump administration has backed the effort to overturn the ACA — including these protections — now pending before the Supreme Court.

Aug. 10:

In response to a reporter’s question about why he was planning to issue an executive order when the ACA already protects those with preexisting conditions, Trump said: “Just a double safety net, and just to let people know that the Republicans are totally strongly in favor of … taking care of people with preexisting conditions. It’s a second platform. We have: Preexisting conditions will be taken care of 100% by Republicans and the Republican Party.”

Just before publication, we asked the White House for more information regarding when exactly the plan might be unveiled. The press office did not respond to our request for comment.
    (the article is dated Aug 13)

As a reminder, the reason pre-existing conditions are being threatened is because of Trump's direct actions. There is no excuse why Mr. Only I Can Fix It, who promised before being elected a plan that would cover more people better for less money, hasn't come up with anything yet. He tries things like "well we need a GOP Hosue and Senate" but he had those for two years. That's not an excuse either. As pointed out in the debates, other than trying to unilaterally end the ACA without a House/Senate vote and thereby end coverage for pre-existing conditions himself, almost all that Trump has done is a few E.O.s which have limited to no effect and "we promise we'll try" written in Sharpie. A few E.O.'s with minimal effect is not a health care plan. A few E.O.'s just before the election is "OH SHIT I FORGOT" while he begs America for another chance on that thing he promised literally five years ago.

Trump doesn't have a health care plan. He never did. There's no valid reason to believe he ever will. It can't be two weeks away for five years. That's a lie. Nobody buys it -- not even the rabid fanbase who will pretend they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    ummm, there are no actual details. No actual plan announced with the announced plan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...015454078.html

But here is what he did

- Plan to give $200 dollar discount cards by stealing money from other programs, to buy votes.

- Give pre-exsisting protection....oh wait....give an order to "work with congress" to give pre-exsisting protection after he takes it away through his parties lawsuits.

- Stop suprise billing. Oh wait, again....it was to "work with congress" to protect against suprise billing.

So his plan is basically to wait till congress comes up with a plan. Even though they already have and he wants to get rid of it and will never approve an of the new plans on the table.

The first non-binding executive order is simply a promise. It declares that “it is the policy of the United States that people who suffer from pre-existing conditions will be protected,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said on a press call with reporters before Trump’s speech. This does not create a policy or a law. Administration officials and the President himself said this would cover the same protections already established under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)—the health care law passed by former President Barack Obama, which the Trump Administration is currently trying to overturn in court.

nd while Trump has often talked about protecting people with pre-existing conditions, his Administration has repeatedly taken actions that would have the opposite effect. The Administration has supported Congressional Republicans’ many attempts to repeal the ACA, which would eliminate protections for those with pre-existing conditions, and it championed cheaper, skimpier health insurance plans that allow insurers to deny coverage to those with pre-existing conditions.

The second non-binding executive order also does not commit Trump to taking action. Rather, it directs Azar to work with Congress to ban surprise out-of-network medical bills. If Congress does not pass legislation by Jan. 1, Azar told reporters, then Trump will direct him to take other actions. (Azar said he did not have other details on what those actions would be.)

Hey don't worry at least his administration is behind him and are excited

Trump’s top advisers, while striking an upbeat note before his event in North Carolina, demurred when asked for the details on how the President’s new plans would become reality. “It is what it is,” Azar said.
    i found an infographic outlining in detail his healthcare plan and policy's

so i guess Trumpcare finally did drop.

Unfortunately it was hundreds of thousands of dollars of care for trump and trump only. which included experimental treatment no one else can get.

On top of all that he got treatment that was the very thing the religious right and his so called "religious" beliefs are 101% against... Stem Cells from aborted fetus and tax payer funded research.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!