Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Absolutely nothing pointed to the 29th. Actually pointed to the 6th if it pointed anywhere.
    This is absolutely wrong. The fact that we had a release candidate that was changed back last minute proves that the original intention of the prepatch release was the 29th. So the people who stated the 29th were actually right. But things went wrong and they weren't prepared so they had to push it back a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm bummed it isn't going to be Monday. I can find things to do to kill just one more week though. Or, I guess having read this thread, I mean I can kill another 6 days and 9 hours.

Precedence means nothing. Time after season end and time before launch conflicted. The patch event is nothing. Vanishing rewards mean more. Anyone with common sense knew it wasn’t ready. They know SL isn’t ready either.

I’ll celebrate when anyone guarantees anything based on nothing but their own arrogance. It was 50/50 chance a week ago and it dwindled down every day since. Again - common sense.

If worth it for many who have things to finish up. Also worth it because these forums once again prove common sense isn’t common at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely nothing pointed to the 29th. Actually pointed to the 6th if it pointed anywhere.
    Totally worth, would shoot your own foot just to spite the company who made the shoes. A lot of things did point to 29th, just about as much things pointed to the 6th you just think your conclusion was superior because it was the stance you chose to side with. You win the argument on the internet that means nothing but pretty much lose everything else and seem pretty happy about that.

Here's the funniest thing about what you are saying, the 6th isnt even confirmed much like the 29th wasnt so you are just being hypocritical without even realizing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Everything pointed to the 29th, something happened and it changed, you would think people would be upset they have to play BFA longer lol.
    You would think people would be rooting for the 29th instead of being antagonistic towards it. Makes me wonder now if some people actually go to things like restaurants and movies and just hope that its bad.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2020-09-26 at 02:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...mber-29/655687

Confident in saying now pre-patch is certainly not happening on September 29th.
    Oct 6th is pretty much a guarantee now.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You don't need to wait for pre patch to do that.
    Well pre-patch does come with a lot of catch up gear, which makes it a lot easier.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well pre-patch does come with a lot of catch up gear, which makes it a lot easier.
    ilvl 100 is somewhat like "Nyalotha on easy"? well, that's the gear they will shell out for next to nothing effort. and content is soloable

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    This is absolutely wrong. The fact that we had a release candidate that was changed back last minute proves that the original intention of the prepatch release was the 29th. So the people who stated the 29th were actually right. But things went wrong and they weren't prepared so they had to push it back a week.
    I'm not so sure it does actually, Ion was quoted on Thursday as saying something that ruled out a September 29th pre-patch, it just seemed to go under the radar.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...44245882716160

This references "Next weeks PTR build", meaning it wasn't going to be live 'next week' (ie September 29th).

So at least since Thursday September 29th has been effectively ruled out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breathtaker32 View Post
    Except we had no notification that PvP season would be ending. Release candidate doesn't mean 29th, it just means it could be soon.
    As someone that more recently stopped believing September 29th (A date I believed up until about 10 days ago), we were warned of the end of Season on Monday this week just gone. We've had the warning. I don't know why people keep saying we've not been warned about end of Season, we have. We've had the exact same warning we were given at the end of Legion in the lead up to Battle for Azeroth, almost word for word in fact.

Except we had no notification that PvP season would be ending. Release candidate doesn't mean 29th, it just means it could be soon.
    4 weeks of prepatch is just as much the norm as notification on pvp season ending.

People where well within reason to think it was coming on the 29th.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Here's the funniest thing about what you are saying, the 6th isnt even confirmed much like the 29th wasnt so you are just being hypocritical without even realizing it.
    This right here is what I came to say, its fucking HILARIOUS how hypocritical this. /popcorn

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not so sure it does actually, Ion was quoted on Thursday as saying something that ruled out a September 29th pre-patch, it just seemed to go under the radar.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...44245882716160

This references "Next weeks PTR build", meaning it wasn't going to be live 'next week' (ie September 29th).

So at least since Thursday September 29th has been effectively ruled out.
    His exact quote is

This was an oversight - thanks for pointing it out. They should be available again in next week's build.

Nowhere in here does it say "PTR". I get that the word "build" suggests PTR but he doesn't specifically say it. It is possible they fix the bug and release said "build" to live servers and this is what he was referring to

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    This right here is what I came to say, its fucking HILARIOUS how hypocritical this. /popcorn

- - - Updated - - -

His exact quote is

This was an oversight - thanks for pointing it out. They should be available again in next week's build.

Nowhere in here does it say "PTR". I get that the word "build" suggests PTR but he doesn't specifically say it. It is possible they fix the bug and release said "build" to live servers and this is what he was referring to
    He's responding to a tweet that specifically references 'this weeks PTR build' the context of the conversation is explicitly about the PTR.

Here is the Tweet he's responding to, https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...75883918831621

Precedence means nothing. Time after season end and time before launch conflicted. The patch event is nothing. Vanishing rewards mean more. Anyone with common sense knew it wasn’t ready. They know SL isn’t ready either.
    Link to where they say they know SL isn't ready please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Everything pointed to the 29th, something happened and it changed, you would think people would be upset they have to play BFA longer lol.
    Nothing pointed to the 29th. You simply made an assumption and were wrong. End of story.

- - - Updated - - -

It's obviously October 6th at this point, or even later, if they push back Shadowlands, which is a possibility.
    They aren't pushing back the expansion release. They officially announced the date. That is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Well same problem here. If it is october 6th it is time they announce end of season and prepatch. They might as well target october 13th now.

Every day passing by without news shifts it towards a october 13th release. So i hope we get a sign today or monday.

Reverting from release candidate to test candidate was a very bad sign.
    End of season notice is already out.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...xpansion-patch

They can still drop it on the 6th if they announce the pre-patch at the start of next week.

In any case, this will be the shortest pre-patch to date and it's clearly because they are not making the progress they expected on time. I fear for Shadowlands state at launch.
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-09-26 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They will probably announce it tomorrow for next week and piss the PvP players off.

- - - Updated - - -

3 week pre-patch is not reasonable I expect they will just piss off the tiny PvP player base to make the PvE players happy since we are Legion, we are many!
    Why do the pvpers need 7 years of a headsup? They know the prepatch is coming any week now, no need to give them an exact notice.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Link to where they say they know SL isn't ready please.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing pointed to the 29th. You simply made an assumption and were wrong. End of story.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't pushing back the expansion release. They officially announced the date. That is going to happen.
    4 weeks + of prepatch has been a more consistent thing then the 2 weeks notice of pvp season ending.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

If it wasn't originally intended to be the 29th with the release candidate, why change it back? That was my point. Release candidate = intended for 29th. Oopsies, they found something. Changed back to Test. Fix next week and put it back in release status to release on October 6th.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    If it wasn't originally intended to be the 29th with the release candidate, why change it back? That was my point. Release candidate = intended for 29th. Oopsies, they found something. Changed back to Test. Fix next week and put it back in release status to release on October 6th.
    Release candidate means that the build is stable enough to be released, clearly they found an issue within the build though. It doesn't mean it is going to be released immediately after that build.

Furthermore Ions tweet pretty much confirms it wasn't going to be released next week and this was 30+ hours before the build was reverted to test candidate.

Release candidate means that the build is stable enough to be released, clearly they found an issue within the build though. It doesn't mean it is going to be released immediately after that build.

Furthermore Ions tweet pretty much confirms it wasn't going to be released next week and this was 30+ hours before the build was reverted to test candidate.
    I'm not saying that the decision to delay prepatch was made literally when they changed it back to Test. They probably found this days ago (around the time Ion made that tweet). Because of said issue, they opted to delay a few things, like prepatch AND the realm connections that are now scheduled for NEXT week that was originally scheduled for this week. It's shit that happens (very rarely), which is why they don't announce prepatch until they are sure, but they typically have an intended date of 4 weeks prior to expansion launch.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really expecting it to be this upcoming reset as the BFA PVP Tournement will have ended, the rep buff said 'through September' that I recall and four weeks seemed solid for prepatch. However, with no additional dates regarding PVP Season ending and an additional realm connection on the 29th for US makes me expect it won't be coming 29th/30th for US/EU.

I'm leaning heavily towards 6th/7th October, as I feel two weeks too short for a prepatch (although I think three weeks is actually pretty short). I mean, they could just drop the prepatch whenever now as it would screw over a few PVPers, but how many people would overall benefit/play new content and resub?

From a personal POV I want one more week of BFA. I managed to get 2400 today on my DK and will be able to loot my Conflict Rank 4 next week and would like to make a push for Azeroth's Champion if possible. Just gotta afk/do Supplying the Assassin's and murder Azshara
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

It means that he knows a nasty bug 30+ hours ago.

Shadowlands will be delayed if next week is still test build.
    It takes one week to test that release build.