Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You can use all gear from classic before you reach level 10 - so sadly, if I have to choose between no x-mog and exiles reach or an old starting zone with x-mog, I'll choose the one with x-mog. Would be a simple fix from blizzard to add a mail box, though!
    You legit only wear that gear for an hour MAX...

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Are people seriously hating on Exiles Reach? It's a fucking tutorial to the game. Chill out, people.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who did Exiles Reach, you legit enter SW soon after doing it all. Besides, you can't really Xmog your gear till Level 10, which is...well...

AFTER THE EXILES REACH EXPERIENCE!
    I dont hate Exiles Reach but its disingenuous to say its "a new zone".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a copy paste of WoD assets, but it's still a cool zone

Have they ever gone back and removed the ptr's release candidate before? I don't remember that happening. Must be related to Khadgar/realm connections honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Have they ever gone back and removed the ptr's release candidate before? I don't remember that happening. Must be related to Khadgar/realm connections honestly.
    I vaguely remember them doing it once before, though I think that was for a regular patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    By that logic classic wow had like 3 whole zones. There was one kind of Alliance archetecture, one kind of Horde archetecture, an elf house, a pirate ship & 2 kinds of cave

An objective description is not disingenuous. It is a zone, and it is new. Therefore, it is a new zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    By that logic classic wow had like 3 whole zones. There was one kind of Alliance archetecture, one kind of Horde archetecture, an elf house, a pirate ship & 2 kinds of cave
    Now, now, let's not get hasty. There were in fact TWO kinds of architecture for each faction. There was Human and Dwarf for Alliance, and Orc and Tauren for the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    An objective description is not disingenuous. It is a zone, and it is new. Therefore, it is a new zone.
    Don't forget it also has new content, technically even a dungeon, short and made of reused assets it may be. And it has unique rewards only obtainable from that area with the new weapon models.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Just like Hrothgars Landing was a new zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Its like 20 minutes long. People were touting it as a big new "Prepatch Feature".

"One new zone" lol

It has brand new quests and gear and a new landmass, the fact we're debating over whether or not it's a new zone is telling how much we needed pre-patch live this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, with all the crossrealm stuff I don’t know why we don’t have megaservers yet (like ESO).
    I had this argument with someone a while ago. Apparently its because of people playing twice a year who care deeply about their server identity or somesuch thing.

For the more high end raiders there is definitely a care about things like server rankings and such. But I wouldn't lose any sleep over WoW turning into a mega-server.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    It was, not a very big one or something like Isle of Giants but it is a zone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use all gear from classic before you reach level 10 - so sadly, if I have to choose between no x-mog and exiles reach or an old starting zone with x-mog, I'll choose the one with x-mog. Would be a simple fix from blizzard to add a mail box, though!
    You can't transmog white items.
    The gear you get before lvl 10 from any starting zone is white.

It has brand new quests and gear and a new landmass, the fact we're debating over whether or not it's a new zone is telling how much we needed pre-patch live this week.
    No, just people for filling their deep need to bitch about WoW. Pre-patch or not, they will still be bitching.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Now that's disingenuous arguing. Try making some actual arguments why Exile's Reach is not a zone instead of trying to divert the discussion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy for 6th October, it gives more time for people still working on BfA stuff (especially rank 4 essences, since it's RNG heavy). This 5 quest in Icecrown can wait and new leveling is pernament (for now) change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can't transmog white items.
    The gear you get before lvl 10 from any starting zone is white.
    So you never use heirlooms ?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Its like 20 minutes long. People were touting it as a big new "Prepatch Feature".

"One new zone" lol
    The sieze of it hardly matters to whether it is a new zone or not.

It is a landmass that was previously not there, offering quests that were previously not in the game, giving you rewards that were added specifically for that piece of content.
    How you spin that as not constituting a new zone is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The sieze of it hardly matters to whether it is a new zone or not.

It is a landmass that was previously not there, offering quests that were previously not in the game, giving you rewards that were added specifically for that piece of content.
    How you spin that as not constituting a new zone is beyond me.
    If they rework The Crossroads, is the Barrens a new zone?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you never use heirlooms ?
    They don't give EXP bonus in 9.0 so you don't need them anymore.