Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    If they rework The Crossroads, is the Barrens a new zone?
    Did you miss the part where Exile's Reach does not currently exist in Live?

Barrens would naturally be a reworked zone if part of it was reworked. But if they add a new zone inside the Barrens, that would indeed be a new zone.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-09-26 at 04:57 PM.

No, it is Barrens.

If they use Barrens assets to construct new island with new name and new map and new quests and new rewards and new story, it is a new zone.

If you get an underground area under the Crossroads filled with unique questlines, unique rewards and even a pseudo dungeon then I would happily declare the Crossroads a new zone.

I mean honestly, just start by asking yourself if you can go to Exile's reach right now. I would think that it being a place currently not in the game, but which will be a part of the game when the new pre-patch comes out would be the literal textbook definition of a new zone.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Exile's Reach is already in game before SL? Cool, can you show me?

Perhaps I was a bit extreme in painting the opposite, but yeah, it's not much to get excited about in my opinion. I guess if you're after the catch-up gear or care about the lore it's a nice little bite, but it's a subzone if anything given the limited scope of it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    but the 29th totally was the exact date with all the evidence
    what evidence unless this is sarcasm
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Perhaps I was a bit extreme in painting the opposite, but yeah, it's not much to get excited about in my opinion. I guess if you're after the catch-up gear or care about the lore it's a nice little bite, but it's a subzone if anything given the limited scope of it.
    How is it any different from Mechagon? Small new island with reused assets and new quests?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    There was some evidence for the 29th, such as Legion's pre-patch announcement being 4 days, and the release candidate, as well as the typical four week pre-patch duration. It's clearly not happening, but let's not pretend it wasn't a huge possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    How is it any different from Mechagon? Small new island with reused assets and new quests?
    Mechagon has hundreds of hours worth of content & secrets to uncover. It's one of the most densely packed patch zones this game has ever seen, & despite disliking BfA as a whole, I'd put Mechagon up there with IoQD & IoT. It also is tied to the best dungeon of the expansion which doesn't hurt either

No pre-pathc being shorter than 4 weeks. A comment by a dev way back stating they wanted the Shadowlands pre-pathc to have a 4 week event. And the pre-patch launching on the very tail end of Q3 allowing Blizzard to get a tangible, even if tiny boost to their quarterly income which always looks great to shareholders.

Mechagon has hundreds of hours worth of content & secrets to uncover. It's one of the most densely packed patch zones this game has ever seen, & despite disliking BfA as a whole, I'd put Mechagon up there with IoQD & IoT.
    • Small new landmass
    • Reused assets
    • Brand new quests
    • Brand new gear
    • Brand new dungeon
    • Rares

What am I describing? Mechagon or Exile's Reach?

• Small new landmass
    • Reused assets
    • Brand new quests
    • Brand new gear
    • Brand new dungeon
    • Rares

What am I describing? Mechagon or Exile's Reach?
    One is pretty much done in a few hours, one can be unfinished after months... Not that I ever finished Mechagon - the grind is too much for little old me.

One is pretty much done in an evening, one can be unfinished after months... Not that I ever finished Mechagon - the grind is too much for little old me.
    Length does not make something a zone or not though.

Why should they spend resources on developing whole new models for an island tutorial that takes twenty minutes?

The principle of it?

- - - Updated - - -

There was some evidence for the 29th, such as Legion's pre-patch announcement being 4 days, and the release candidate, as well as the typical four week pre-patch duration. It's clearly not happening, but let's not pretend it wasn't a huge possibility.
    it wasnt

a release candidate the same week??? already unlikely because multiple release candidates usually come out

we also had the arena finals happening

also i think it might have been a joke but an allcraft episode had a guest say "oh yeah october 6th right"

the little warning sent out

the fact it wasnt announced yesterday guaranteed it

dont worry though tuesday will have the announcement and thursday might have a cinematic

- - - Updated - - -

extreme sarcasm

people bend the evidence to their suspicion instead of the opposite

So on the SL beta there are a LOT of 100% drop mounts tied to unique rares and puzzles. Do we think this isnt going to carry over, or are they changing the philosophy of how easy it is to acquire mounts?

Length does not make something a zone or not though.
    True, anything with any area can be considered a zone. My Garrison is the best zone, though.

Anyway, sorry for derailing a little bit I'm glad y'all are excited for the prepatch content that comes with this zone. I just wanna play my alts in raid & level some allied races because leveling cheese strats are real

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    So on the SL beta there are a LOT of 100% drop mounts tied to unique rares and puzzles. Do we think this is going to carry over, or are they changing the philosophy of how easy it is to acquire mounts?
    The rares I could see changing, though the puzzles will likely be 100% seeing as they tend to be only doable once, not to mention losing quite a bit of meaning when you solve the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The rares I could see changing, though the puzzles will likely be 100% seeing as they tend to be only doable once, not to mention losing quite a bit of meaning when you solve the same thing over and over.
    Most of the rares I was talking about also have a small puzzle associated with them. Like it blows my mind that the Ardenweald frog is 100% and relatively easy to get.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Or try to farm mail box toy
    Good idea! Just got the annoying post master achievement haha that was fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They don't give EXP bonus in 9.0 so you don't need them anymore.
    Right but you can transmog heirlooms ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    people bend the evidence to their suspicion instead of the opposite
    The timeline added up, Blizzard most likely never intended to release it on the 29th, and always planned it on the 6th, possibly removing the release candidate to remove confusion. Though It would be funny if it's delayed to the 13th, with two more release candidates.