Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Life in prison is probably way worse than the death penalty anyway. They're separated from society and get to spend the rest of their days being reminded they're human garbage. Works for me.

Also if you execute someone and years later find out they were innocent... oops!

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    My point was actually about saving the money. People (rightly) claiming that executing someone is more expensive than life in prison. My whole point is that it doesn't need to be. When people are guilty of a capitol crime with the criteria that I included, there's no need for the neverending appeals process. Just take care of it right away.
    your criteria is utopian and not in any form based on reality. thats the point of my last post. even in the case you mentioned, i managed to question the validity of the verdict. and i even left out the whole "mental disability" part.
    you are arguing a point that has no real world application, because it never is as black and white as you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If one person feels murder shouldn’t be illegal isn’t that proof enough that it should be legal to murder?
    chang the word "murder" to "rape" and answer the question for yourself.
    Last edited by lagiacrux; 2020-09-24 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post

Yes. The ones where there is 0% chance the guy didn't do it. Not "beyond a reasonable doubt", but "beyond all doubt".
    Have fun spending god knows how much on a system you'll use maybe once every 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    your criteria is utopian and not in any form based on reality. thats the point of my last post. even in the case you mentioned, i managed to question the validity of the verdict. and i even left out the whole "mental disability" part.
    you are arguing a point that has no real world application, because it never is as black and white as you want it to be.

chang the word "murder" to "rape" and answer the question for yourself.
    Did you forget what YOUR argument was?

Did you forget what YOUR argument was?
    my argument was (maybe not as well articulated as i thought):
    people who are pro death penalty and "maximum punishment", should think about the fact that a convicted murderer wanted the death penalty because life in prison was far worse for him. so "death penalty" and "maximum punishment" might not always be the same.
    it was an argument against the death penalty, tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Death Penalty and Life Sentence are both a waste of time and significant resources. For the former because under current modern legal system it takes a siginficant amount to convict and carry out the sentence and for the latter because sending someone for decades in a prison where the state likely ends up paying their bill ( not that pay to stay systems are in any way better ).
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i 100% fully support the death penalty. deal with it.
    Enuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    and any person supporting in their own world probably also belongs on the table as a precautionary measure.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/21/79317...thal-injection
    Support of this and any death penalty frankly is barbarism.
    Ok so I will ask this again

Why should anyone ever give a flying shit, how much this asshole suffered or was discomforted before he left this planet?

On a list of things I am most concerned with, this guy is way at the bottom.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

[video=youtube;vX1oM_b3iW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1oM_b3iW8&list=PLKb13BWsnRGxgdzn7134HIXm65Fkx_vp6&index=18[video]

Why should anyone ever give a flying shit, how much this asshole suffered or was discomforted before he left this planet?

Sure he's evil but it's just because people are fallible and he experienced a lot of trauma in his childhood. Obviously we could execute those people but it would be so much more satisfying if we could psychologically fix them and show them the error of their ways.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-09-26 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Sure he's evil but it's just because people are fallible and he experienced a lot of trauma in his childhood. Obviously we could execute those people but it would be so much more satisfying if we could psychologically fix them and show them the error of their ways.
    Yeah I’m not disagreeing. The problem is however the argument.

I’m speaking purely to his crime and the level is rises to.

My point being emotional or not I can say it’s reasonable to be fine we executing him either the methods we do.

His comfort is going to be a non factor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I’m not disagreeing. The problem is however the argument.

I’m speaking purely to his crime and the level is rises to.

My point being emotional or not I can say it’s reasonable to be fine we executing him either the methods we do.

His comfort is going to be a non factor.
    Ah okay, I agree worrying about this method seems irrelevant. Also the death penalty only gets applied like 30 times a year so this entire topic is pretty non-consequential.

I’m all for capital punishment, for various crimes (most notably: intentional murder and child rape/molestation), and I don’t care much if they suffer for it...but it has to be undeniable proof that they did it, which I understand is tricky sometimes; hence undeniable.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Criminally insane is a thing. We used to have places for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I’m all for capital punishment, for various crimes (most notably: intentional murder and child rape/molestation), and I don’t care much if they suffer for it...but it has to be undeniable proof that they did it, which I understand is tricky sometimes; hence undeniable.
    Dexter was a sick serial killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Criminally insane is a thing. We used to have places for them.
    What does that mean in relation to the example I gave, there is a fine line between insane and someone who simply has deliberate ill will towards everyone. He killed innocent fucking children CHILDREN!

Not fellow mobsters, not a gangbangers, or a home invader, there was no misunderstandings, and he freely admitted to what he did and enjoyed it.

Please IN context make an argument to ANYBODY who thinks yeah this guy should not only be executed, but the methods we have are TOO LIGHT![/QUOTE]

What does that mean in relation to the example I gave, there is a fine line between insane and someone who simply has deliberate ill will towards everyone. He killed innocent fucking children CHILDREN!

Not fellow mobsters, not a gangbangers, or a home invader, there was no misunderstandings, and he freely admitted to what he did and enjoyed it.

Please IN context make an argument to ANYBODY who thinks yeah this guy should not only be executed, but the methods we have are TOO LIGHT!
    [/QUOTE]

OP has defended child sexual predators before. Something to think about. After all most consider that sort of crime an automatic death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

OP has defended child sexual predators before. Something to think about. After all most consider that sort of crime an automatic death sentence.
    What you are. Is a lying person who has little to do besides lie and celebrate terrorists.

Dexter was a sick serial killer.
    Never watched the show, but I know the premise.

What relevancy does the show have to the topic?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

yup all you have to do is look at things like the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial to see what a mess emotions and manipulations do to accusations.

Still to this day people feel these folks should have and should be put to death.

if we really want to have a death penalty in this country then the people responsible for condemning someone to death should also be responsible if it turns out they were not actually guilty.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Please IN context make an argument to ANYBODY who thinks yeah this guy should not only be executed, but the methods we have are TOO LIGHT!
    [/QUOTE]

So what? He's not a danger to them anymore in jail, killing him will achieve absolutely nothing except satisfying revenge boners which shouldn't be the priority of any modern State, leave that to socially backwards shitholes like Saudi Arabia or China.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Never watched the show, but I know the premise.

What relevancy does the show have to the topic?
    You don’t see the analog of using the justice system for revenge because people want other people dead for their own self gratification???