7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Most of the rares I was talking about also have a small puzzle associated with them. Like it blows my mind that the Ardenweald frog is 100% and relatively easy to get.
    And where is the problem? I use a mount because of the looks, not how hard it is to get it, anyways ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And where is the problem? I use a mount because of the looks, not how hard it is to get it, anyways ^.^
    There is no problem, it’s just surprising when the only other frog mounts in the game are 300k each.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Which is why I use the default Swift Orc Wolves a lot of the time over rather hideous "rare" mounts Rare means nothing if it's ugly.

I've given up on mount farming though. Don't see the point when the mount achievement rewards are just reskins... I'll grab a SL mount or two that I find attractive if the effort required isn't too high, but that's about it. Will get the raid mounts as well I guess.

I do find it strange though that a pre-patch that changes quite a bit would only be up for 3 weeks, you'd think they'd make it 5 or 6 compared to the normal 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I do find it strange though that a pre-patch that changes quite a bit
    Changes quite a bit? What do you mean? The level squish thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Changes quite a bit? What do you mean? The level squish thing?
    Yea, I'd think they would give a week or two breathing room for players to adapt to the changes throughout the world, as well as class changes, and of course the two extra weeks of events. And not to mention the huge influx of customization and time spent at the barber

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    There is no problem, it’s just surprising when the only other frog mounts in the game are 300k each.
    The frog doesnt look anything like the others though. It uses the same rig and animations, sure, but it isnt a case where you would look at both and conclude they are the same. If you want a straight up frog mount then dishing out 333k is still the only option you have unless you want the diet version. Similar to how if you want the Tier 3 transmog you pay for it through the BMAH, not pretend like the updated Naxxramas gear is the same.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I do find it strange though that a pre-patch that changes quite a bit would only be up for 3 weeks, you'd think they'd make it 5 or 6 compared to the normal 4.
    Yeah, I'm very surprised too. The last minute swap from Release to Test does not bode well IMO, pretty sure it was set to release on the 30th but they pushed it back a week for some reason.

Yea, I'd think they would give a week or two breathing room for players to adapt to the changes throughout the world, as well as class changes, and of course the two extra weeks of events. And not to mention the huge influx of customization and time spent at the barber
    I think it is clear they wanted to, but circumstances like the classes not being all there, or bugs like hair color and missing underwear might have made them reconsider.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm not so convinced they wanted to release it on the 29th, I think they had a few options with the 6th being the absolute latest.

Again, they haven’t said anything about pre patch release date yet. The pre patch date can still come with an announcement that Shadowlands gets delayed for x weeks to give us players a higher quality product. I wouldn’t rule that out completely.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Again, they haven’t said anything about pre patch release are yet. The pre patch date can still come with an announcement that Shadowlands gets delayed for x weeks to give us players a higher quality product. I wouldn’t rule that out yet completely.
    Depends what Blizzard values more. Extra weeks with pre-patch vs changing their publicly set date.

The timeline added up, Blizzard most likely never intended to release it on the 29th, and always planned it on the 6th, possibly removing the release candidate to remove confusion. Though It would be funny if it's delayed to the 13th, with two more release candidates.
    Blizzard always has more than one release candidate iirc

Again, they haven’t said anything about pre patch release date yet. The pre patch date can still come with an announcement that Shadowlands gets delayed for x weeks to give us players a higher quality product. I wouldn’t rule that out completely.
    That is incredibly unlikely. People have taken time off work and all that, not to mention that they can't delay it by any meaningfull margin to begin with without causing major internal and external issues to the point that they might be better of delaying it even further into next year; something that is even less likely. Delaying it a week or two won't fix anything.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Blizzard always has more than one release candidate iirc
    Part of me gets a feeling of schadenfreude hoping they release it on the 13th so they can push two more release candidates

The main change is the leveling system but they have to make sure scaling works

Best way to test is the public release

- - - Updated - - -

Part of me gets a feeling of schadenfreude hoping they release it on the 13th so they can push two more release candidates
    Eh it’s the 6th

Two weeks worth of quests
    Week of catch up

You can’t risk people getting bored too much

Almost everything you described will carry over into Shadowlands, though.

New customization... If they were adding sliders that let you customize every single little detail, I could agree, but it's just a number of new preset options. It is something you'll likely be done with in an evening or two, maybe a bit more if you have an army of alts. But even then, even if you won't be able to do it before the expansion launches, there's nothing stopping you from doing it after.

As for class changes, in a lot of cases they aren't really that big. I mean, if you're playing a Shadow Priest then yeah, you might need a couple of days to get used to it, but other specs like Retribution Paladin or Havoc Demon Hunter are mostly the same. Regardless, I don't see how most people would need more than 1-2 weeks to get used to class changes. And even then, you'll also have the whole Shadowlands leveling to further acclimate yourself to all the new things.

Finally, the squish. It's not our first rodeo. The only significant difference is that your level is squished, but realistically - when do you even look at your character level besides the character selection screen? I mean... I don't think most people will need to more than a day or two to get used to the fact that they're level 50 now or that their numbers have been scaled down again.

As for the leveling itself... I've done it a few times and honestly, it's basically the same. They haven't added any new stuff, effectively the only difference is that you can finish leveling in the same expansion instead of having to move on after a zone or two. The content itself is the same.

Realistically - I think 3 weeks is more than enough to get used to all of the above.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-26 at 05:54 PM.

I love people talking about a delay when we have no reason to think that

Meh, just feels weird that something like previous pre-patches get more time, with less stuff added. I'm fine with three weeks, I just wish we got the actual pre-patch sooner, regardless of how long it lasts. The new customization/leveling revamp is something the game desperately needs.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I love people talking about a delay when we have no reason to think that
    There is no reason to believe SL will be delayed, but it's a possibility, maybe like 1% lol.

If Blizzard were a judge commited to giving a verdict on a certain day, & suddenly new case-shattering evidence was set to be ready the day after said verdict date, Blizzard wouldn't delay a damn thing.

Short of crashing servers & bricking PCs, they will simply not delay Shadowlands.