Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    How do you manage to sleep after showering? Doesn't the hair being wet make trouble for you trying to sleep?
    Yea, bald/short hair people are a fairy tale. Or hairdryer.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you manage to sleep after showering? Doesn't the hair being wet make trouble for you trying to sleep?
    I don't have hair.

When I did, no, it didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wouldn't sleep hygiene be more about how clean/dirty you are when you lay in bed to sleep rather than your sleep schedule?
    At first glance at the term you'd think so, but sleep hygiene generally always refers to maintaining a regular sleep schedule. Other forms of hygiene are also habitual actions taken to benefit your health if you want to look at it that way. Brushing your teeth just once ain't gonna do much for you if it isn't performed regularly.

Hair dryer destroys your hair.
    Sounds like you are using it wrong. High and Off are not the only settings.

Hair dryer destroys your hair.
    Wife is using hair dryer for over 20 years - no problem. What destroys hair is rubbing them with towels.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I used to have very bad insomnia back in high school- it was hellish. My doctor prescribed a strict sleep schedule and instructions; go to bed at the same time every day even if not tired, no distractions during sleep time (no tv, radio, reading in bed, etc), be as comfortable as necessary, as dark as possible. I was instructed to lay there no matter how long it took to "fall asleep".

At first, I was just bored. I would do everything instructed but just be laying in bed staring in up into the blackness. Literally just laying there. After about a week and a half- my insomnia was gone. Each day I feel asleep sooner.

Nowadays, I sleep like I am dead. I can fall asleep almost instantly and can sleep through a hurricane (which I have done several times actually). I sleep about 6-7 hours most of the time now and have not felt exhausted from lack of sleep in like 20 years.

I am very consistent with my sleep routine. I am in bed by 10:30 PM nearly every day; shower, all lights off, fan/AC on, head on the pillow and I'm out. When waking I am ready-to-go. Often I literally jump out of bed and have the most energy, vigor, and creativity in the morning.

I got out of bed right at 5:30 Am today; work from home (completed all my projects, done for the entire day barring emergency), I did 30 minutes of yoga, walked the dogs, made breakfast for my family (4), played a video game, browsed the internet, prepped dinner for tonight, made bread from scratch, showered, played with my kids and got them on the zoom classes. It is 11:01 AM now and I am making lunch for the fam as I type on my phone.

It's all about consistency. Times when my insomnia comes back I am either very stressed or busy and thus break my normal consistency of sleeping.
    Interesting. I think I might try one of your instructions. But I would probably be really bored and just get up if I couldn't fall asleep.
    Last night I slept 2.5h. Then went to work. After work played tennis. Caffeine pills help, but I'm not sure how long I can keep doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop using caffeine pills. They disturb your sleep. Anything with caffeine does.
    They help me more than they do damage.
    I don't take them after 2 pm. Usually, just 1 at 8 am. Sometimes a second one at around noon or 1 pm if needed.
    People drink coffee a lot more and later than I take caffeine pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Interesting. I think I might try one of your instructions. But I would probably be really bored and just get up if I couldn't fall asleep.
    Last night I slept 2.5h. Then went to work. After work played tennis. Caffeine pills help, but I'm not sure how long I can keep doing it.
    You MUST resist the impulse to get out of bed unless you really need to pee or something. Restless comes from not getting into a consistent rhythm. That boredom = I'm going to sleep now, in a few days and the sleeplessness will likely never return if you keep the routine.

I'm very vocal about the biggest factors I think can improve people's lives; 1. Sleeping consistently 2. Eating a well-balanced diet; because I struggled with both and when I actively committed to changing both it was a MASSIVE change in my entire life. Everything about my physical, mental, and social life changed by having a consistent good night's rest and a healthy diet.

Absolutely nothing else has a greater effect on my life and person than consistent sleep and diet but both require self-discipline. It's not easy, but brother, your life will change if you stick with it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-09-28 at 09:01 PM.

A bed is meant to be a bit dirty. All the body liquids spilled in there on a daily basis is bound to do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    A bed is meant to be a bit dirty. All the body liquids spilled in there on a daily basis is bound to do that.
    All the body liquids?!

That's disgusting, tell me more.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    sleep in the dark with no sound,
    How do you do this? Your body makes noise itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    All the body liquids?!

That's disgusting, tell me more.
    Sweat, saliva, cum, fecalmatter (from farting), drool, snot, earwax.

Be it in tiny and unnoticeable matters but still, its there.

For me it's not the hair, since I hardly have any.

The act of showering makes me more awake; if I shower at the end of the day, I have to do so at least an hour before I want to be going to bed.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis