Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    And as I said, I think the Dems are better served focusing on the process not the nominee. “Our Republican colleagues opted not to participate in hearings before the 2016 election; we are opting not to legitiumize this one in 2020.” Or something.
    Unfortunately the Democrats don't have the balls to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    -snip-
    I see what you’re saying. But in essence your point is that she’s qualified to be a judge based on professional experience and academics. Qualitatively she’s a shitshow for justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Unfortunately the Democrats don't have the balls to do something like this.
    Oh I agree; they should be expected to go about this in mostly the wrong ways, unfortunately
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

And as I said, I think the Dems are better served focusing on the process not the nominee. “Our Republican colleagues opted not to participate in hearings before the 2016 election; we are opting not to legitimize this one in 2020.” Or something.
    I think they should put one person on the Senate floor to vote nay, so they can't say it's unanimous in the future, but other than that, I agree.

Get a prominent Catholic, progressive Democratic Senator out there to vote against her, and that's it. Ed Markey sounds like a good idea for that, imo.

Good to hear. I fully support her nomination.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Good to hear. I fully support her nomination.
    So you support 30 more years of unlimited money in politics then?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    This chick is a conservatives perfect storm. If I was a snake I'd confirm her on Nov 4th.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why can't you guys just have normal people that can only be criticised for being boring, rather than nutjobs that have no business even being mentioned with regards to subjects like this?
    We could, but people seem to think the Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Remember folks, Roe v Wade (while important) is a distraction. The true Republican project will be significantly advanced by this. If you have Democratic Senators in your state on the Judiciary Commmitee, tell them to hammer her on labor rights, antitrust, and money in politics.

- - - Updated - - -

30 more years of unlimited money in politics, even more concentrated corporate power, and screwing workers into the dirt- thanks to gullible Conservatives such as yourself.

Wait, locking kids in cages wouldn't be "presidential" if he was just more stoic about it?!
    Please let the kids in cages thing go. I am sure we could all agree that President Obama was not meaning for that the happen when he started family splitting during his Presidency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    Please let the kids in cages thing go. I am sure we could all agree that President Obama was not meaning for that the happen when he started family splitting during his Presidency.
    What's Trump's excuse for continuing it, and your excuse for excusing Trump continuing it with this ridiculous whataboutism?

Newsflash sweetheart, saying "Barry also did the bad thing" doesn't mean Donnie isn't doing a bad thing. It means you're deflecting.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

And as I said, I think the Dems are better served focusing on the process not the nominee. “Our Republican colleagues opted not to participate in hearings before the 2016 election; we are opting not to legitimize this one in 2020.” Or something.
    They can't the Republicans have the majority, so they can stay home and the process can still go forward. In 2016 they democrats didn't have the majority so it couldn't go forward.

They can't the Republicans have the majority, so they can stay home and the process can still go forward. In 2016 they democrats didn't have the majority so it couldn't go forward.
    The point is not to stop it sherlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump didn't just continue it, he expanded on it by splitting families up. At least Obama only did it with unaccompanied minors until they could be sorted.
    Gotta deflect from Dear Leader's ten point poll lag against a milquetoast neoliberal that still believes in Reefer Madness somehow I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What's Trump's excuse for continuing it, and your excuse for excusing Trump continuing it with this ridiculous whataboutism?

Newsflash sweetheart, saying "Barry also did the bad thing" doesn't mean Donnie isn't doing a bad thing. It means you're deflecting.
    My response is Trump probably didn't know it was happening until it was brought to attention and he stopped it. Or are you saying that Obama knew that was happening the whole time and thought it was a good thing? I am sorry I didn't care for a lot of President Obama's policies, but I refuse to believe he was that evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    My response is Trump probably didn't know it was happening
    So he's just incompetent, then? Lol.

"He's not evil, he's just incompetent" isn't a stellar character defense, hun.

until it was brought to attention and he stopped it.
    Citation needed.

He didn't stop it. He was forced to stop once the public found out.

Or are you saying that Obama knew that was happening the whole time and thought it was a good thing? I am sorry I didn't care for a lot of President Obama's policies, but I refuse to believe he was that evil.
    No, I'm saying that if you're saying Obama did a bad then you need to just actually be an adult and own up that Trump also did a bad when you're making the argument that he continued Obama's policy rather than cry and scream because y'all have a functional inability to admit you got conned by a fraud and an idiot.

Making said argument without proof, mind you. Lol.

My response is Trump probably didn't know it was happening until it was brought to attention and he stopped it. Or are you saying that Obama knew that was happening the whole time and thought it was a good thing? I am sorry I didn't care for a lot of President Obama's policies, but I refuse to believe he was that evil.
    Jeff Sessions had press conferences on it as their new zero tolerance immigration policy.

Trump didn't just continue it, he expanded on it by splitting families up. At least Obama only did it with unaccompanied minors until they could be sorted.
    You do realize it was a democrat court that forced Obama to start the splitting of family right? Because they said children couldn't be held in adult facilities for that long. That was policy pre-Trump also.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize it was a democrat court that forced Obama to start the splitting of family right? Because they said children couldn't be held in adult facilities for that long. That was policy pre-Trump also.
    Damn we better hope that Obama doesn't win reelection, then. /s

The sane response here is to stop imprisoning kids. You haven't quite grasped that criticism of Trump isn't a defense of Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So he's just incompetent, then? Lol.

"He's not evil, he's just incompetent" isn't a stellar character defense, hun.

Citation needed.

He didn't stop it. He was forced to stop once the public found out.

No, I'm saying that if you're saying Obama did a bad then you need to just actually be an adult and own up that Trump also did a bad when you're making the argument that he continued Obama's policy.

Making said argument without proof, mind you. Lol.
    I am saying that neither president knows everything that is happening in the government. I am saying that both Obama and Trump were humans and there is only so many hours in the day. I am giving both men the benefit of doubt that they knew it was happening like that before it came out. I work for a company that has like 450k employees, do I think that our CEO knows what every little department is doing? If he/she does, then they should be king of the world, because that approaching omniscient.

I am not trying to defend the government for their actions. But I am not going to condemn the President for everything that happens by them either.

You say this as though I am unaware.

I’m not.

Stopping it isn’t the point.
    -Louis Brandeis