Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    I am saying that neither president knows everything that is happening in the government. I am saying that both Obama and Trump were humans and there is only so many hours in the day.
    I dunno maybe if Trump spent those hours actually governing rather than watching Fox News, playing golf, and stuffing his face with fast food he might have read the memo that there was an active policy of ethnic cleansing going on under his administration.

"He's incompetent" is really your best defense, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Please let the kids in cages thing go. I am sure we could all agree that President Obama was not meaning for that the happen when he started family splitting during his Presidency.
    Feel free to substitute “kids in cages” for any of Trump’s other godawful miscarries of governance.

And let’s keep the discussion back on the nominee, such as how difficult she will make it to uncouple our legislators from the billionaires that own them
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-09-26 at 09:14 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Damn we better hope that Obama doesn't win reelection, then. /s

The sane response here is to stop imprisoning kids. You haven't quite grasped that criticism of Trump isn't a defense of Obama.
    My problem is criticism of Trump for everything that is done by the government during his years in office would is unjustified. Trump has said and probably done enough wrong directly, going over the top and blaming him for policies and things happening in low departments is basically demonizing. I think both sides are doing that to much at this point. Attack and blame him for his covid response, that's justified. Attack and blame him for his protest/riot response, that's justified. Attack and blame him for something that was out of his control and knowledge until it was brought to attention? That's were I can't agree that its justified.

To many people seem to hear something and never find out the truth, that's my main issue. Picture of a kid in a cage, blame Trump even though it was from years ago under a different president. Splitting families, blame Trump even though it was a policy that Obama was forced to implement because of a court ruling.

10+ Year Old Account
    things happening in low departments is basically demonizing
    ICE is a "low department" apparently. Lol. And no sweetheart you don't get to claim it's not the entirety of ICE because Trump personally chose the woman heading it while the child separation policies were going on, and she knew about it. So either Trump's an incompetent shithead who doesn't know what his subordinates are up to, or he's complicit in their nonsense. Neither is a flattering explanation.

You picked a very strange hill to die on.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-09-26 at 09:18 PM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Back on topic, I am sure she is fine judge but I was really hoping for Barbara Lagoa. I read a lot about her and she seemed very good and someone both the democrats and republicans wouldn't have a problem with because she got a majority from both parties when she was appointed to the Circuit courts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back on topic, I am sure she is fine judge but I was really hoping for Barbara Lagoa. I read a lot about her and she seemed very good and someone both the democrats and republicans wouldn't have a problem with because she got a majority from both parties when she was appointed to the Circuit courts.
    People that support poll taxes aren't good.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I see what you’re saying. But in essence your point is that she’s qualified to be a judge based on professional experience and academics. Qualitatively she’s a shitshow for justice.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. She passes the door test, and since qualitative evaluations are now entirely bipartisan, and the GOtrumP has nothing in their way for confirming her.

I'm reading up on the People of Praise, and they sound like on the border of insanely controlling and patriarchal group. But any comments and investigation on that will be labeled as "attacking her faith" - even with her hypocrisy on conflicts between faith and jurist duties.

In the end, McTrump controls the Senate, and the vote. Only two holdouts, and those seems staged for their benefit more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm reading up on the People of Praise, and they sound like on the border of insanely controlling and patriarchal group. But any comments and investigation on that will be labeled as "attacking her faith" - even with her hypocrisy on conflicts between faith and jurist duties.
    Which is all the more reason why Dems should focus on the process not the person. Evangelicals gave Trump the W, and letting them do the “our religion is under assault” thing right before the election would not be good. And it fits in better with the Dems’ general strategy (albeit flawed I think) of making the election about Trump.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

3+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, should we minorities get mentally ready to face some new oppressive laws against us.

You know since it’s our fault for choosing to be born not of Caucasian parents.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Hmm, should we minorities get mentally ready to face some new oppressive laws against us.
    More like “affirmative action illegal, totally-not-race-based-why-whatever-do-you-mean voter suppression legal,” and systemic racism takes care of the rest
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not really, America just has insanely shitty judicial standards as the norm and "she's nice" being thrown out as evidence to the contrary really just underlines the narrative that what's so offensive about Trump to y'all is in fact his lack of civility and not the ideology he comes with.

/yawn
    EXACTLY

So often when I see these republicans who are voting biden now bitching about how they just can't stand trump and hate trumpet. NONE OF IT COMES DOWN TO THE POLITICS OF WHAT HE IS DOING instead it all concerns with breaking norms and decorum as he goes to do those shitty things THEY INFACT APPROVE OF What they do not approve of, is simply that he is crass. That's all.

Like for instance, what exactly is the problem the lincoln project has with Trump? None of it has to do with his policies or politics. It's all about how he treats people and talks about people. So if he were nicer, and not such an idiot would they care?

Ultimately what led to this was them! They just wanted a charismatic shitbag, instead of just a shitbag.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread likely contains more discussion about her qualifications than the Senate.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Actually it's much worse than that reports from former members of that group describe it exactly as such teaches women subservience and all kinds of extremist Christian views of the bible.
    You're against women being told what to do by a cult? Then I guess you hate how BLM goes around telling people to raise their fist in the air and chant their mantras. There's a legit fear there that BLM and antifa will attack you if you don't do it. There's tons of videos of it out there. So YOU must be against it, right, RIGHT?! Nah, didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're against women being told what to do by a cult? Then I guess you hate how BLM goes around telling people to raise their fist in the air and chant their mantras. There's a legit fear there that BLM and antifa will attack you if you don't do it. There's tons of videos of it out there. So YOU must be against it, right, RIGHT?! Nah, didn't think so.
    You not knowing what a cult is doesn't make her not Serena Joy, dude. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    This thread likely contains more discussion about her qualifications than the Senate.
    Details aren’t important if your job is to be a rubber stamp
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

You know since it’s our fault for choosing to be born not of Caucasian parents.
    Have a backup country or two you can go to if possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    There are videos of white racist terror groups out with guns being thanked by cops and ignored as they arrest people for being out past curfew... something being white racist with a gun doesn't preclude you from. Yet magically it does in this country...

Scared of blm and antifa? Odd how the FBI notes white racist terrorists as the number 1 threat while people on the side of those white racist terrorist keep saying no it can't be... it is blm meanwhile blm isn't the one killing hundreds of people each year and ramping it up.

BLM isn't sterilising women and killing children and throwing them in cages and spraying them with a chemical cleaner that causes lung damage. That is you and your party, you and your ilk, you and this country and the president you support. The president who thinks you, his supporter, are a disgusting person.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    A whole lot of people like Trump because he's a weak willed dipshit who shouts at people online just like them, but in the end they can't have a substantial discussion on policy in even the most basic of terms.

That and a bunch of them think fucking gold digger trim is a good thing, I'd wager.

Note: This comment has as much policy discussion as what you were replying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The point is not to stop it sherlock.
    Pointing out the hypocrisy just leads to the hypocrisy being pointed back at them. Both the Republicans and the Democrats have a history of citing or denying "Thurmond's Rule" whenever it happens to be convenient for them to do so. This time the Democrats are citing it and the Republicans are denying it...last time it was the reverse. Been that way for decades...will continue to be that way. Neither side can take a moral high ground on this issue.

That being said, calling out Lindsay Graham in specific for this is entirely fair game...based on his own statements:

'If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump´s term, and the primary process has started, we´ll wait to the next election', Graham said in 2018 at an event hosted by The Atlantic magazine.
    Graham said then: 'If there´s a Republican president (elected) in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, "Let´s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination".'

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    US, get your fucking act together, and start throwing out religioin into the bin of history it belongs.
    I do not believe that being religious should disqualify anyone from a job.

I am atheistic, if it matters.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I do not believe that being religious should disqualify anyone from a job.

I am atheistic, if it matters.
    If you wear it on your sleeve and use it to shape law then yes, it should prevent you from being in the government. Keep it to your self.