Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't know if I'm gonna play it after MHW. MHW was nice, but being switch only is meh. I have s switch, but I cant see myself playing some game like MH on it. But I'll wait for the release. Maybe it will be fun though and I'll just play it on the TV.

Also, I hope aerial IG will be playable and not as bad as in MHW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now I regret buying monster hunter worlds back in february. Honestly one of the biggest regrets that I can remember. It's not a bad game, but the community is dead. I haven't even beat the base game yet because no one ever plays the main story. I'll sit there waiting for players to join my lobby and after 30 minutes, no one signs up. What's the point of having a coop option if players never show up? I haven't even touched Iceborne yet and have no interest in using the OP armor/weapons you can craft to breeze through the main campaign. Just an overall disappointment.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You need to use the flair. Just opening a lobby will really take forever, but I've found a lot of help just by firing signal fires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now I regret buying monster hunter worlds back in february. Honestly one of the biggest regrets that I can remember. It's not a bad game, but the community is dead. I haven't even beat the base game yet because no one ever plays the main story. I'll sit there waiting for players to join my lobby and after 30 minutes, no one signs up. What's the point of having a coop option if players never show up? I haven't even touched Iceborne yet and have no interest in using the OP armor/weapons you can craft to breeze through the main campaign. Just an overall disappointment.
    The main story is more of a solo experience to begin with; almost nobody replays it because there is nothing rewarding from story missions after you clear them the first time. Also if you haven't already, I suggest joining the Monster Hunter Gathering Hall discord server, considering there are about 18,000 people online in that discord server at the moment.

I'd post the link for the invite, but I'm not sure about the rules for posting discord server invites on mmo-champion, but you can easily find it by googling it. The community definitely isn't dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The community of MHW is actually massive and very active. You arent taking the right approach to this. Reffer to the comments the other posters above me made.

People have noticed in the footage the wirebug has two charges visible at the bottom of the screen in the ui that take something like 15 seconds to recharge but can be used to get out of things like being stuck in mud, which apparently Tetranadon does like Jyuratodus.

MHW will be free, along with 17 other big titles, come November for Playstation+ users... will put some life back into the game for awhile.

The one gripe I have with world is that grouping for the story is a mess because each individual player has to trigger the cutscenes on their own before they can group for the hunt. You don't have to actually do the hunt with other players, but you have to trigger the cutscene. Which makes it a huge hassle to group with other players for the story content.

That said, historically the story was a single player only part of the games with multiplayer being separate. The intention is that the story is paced well to teach you about the game and train you up so you can comfortable with the combat, which you won't do if you're constantly playing and relying on other people.

Its a good introduction to play through the story solo so you learn before jumping into multiplayer.

The Multiplayer is very very active as well, just yknow... at the end game activities. Which these days means iceborne predominately. I wouldn't sit around waiting for other players to get you through the story.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The one gripe I have with world is that grouping for the story is a mess because each individual player has to trigger the cutscenes on their own before they can group for the hunt. You don't have to actually do the hunt with other players, but you have to trigger the cutscene. Which makes it a huge hassle to group with other players for the story content.

That said, historically the story was a single player only part of the games with multiplayer being separate. The intention is that the story is paced well to teach you about the game and train you up so you can comfortable with the combat, which you won't do if you're constantly playing and relying on other people.

Its a good introduction to play through the story solo so you learn before jumping into multiplayer.

The Multiplayer is very very active as well, just yknow... at the end game activities. Which these days means iceborne predominately. I wouldn't sit around waiting for other players to get you through the story.
    I ended up trying what Inukashi suggested and used my SOS flare. Within a couple minutes I had people join my game and noticed that I unlocked the achievements to use the flare and to finish a quest with other players. This was what I wanted from the get go and I'm glad there was an option available. Just feel dumb for not knowing about the flare.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I ended up trying what Inukashi suggested and used my SOS flare. Within a couple minutes I had people join my game and noticed that I unlocked the achievements to use the flare and to finish a quest with other players. This was what I wanted from the get go and I'm glad there was an option available. Just feel dumb for not knowing about the flare.
    Nice, glad it worked out one way or another. You're in for some great game!
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Why even make a useless comment like this? For one thing these graphics are far beyond anything that PS2 was capable of. And for another, of course the game isn't going to look like MHW, its a Switch game and Switch isn't as powerful as the systems MHW is available on. Duh?
    You might wanna look up where the game releases. It's not next gen or PC, it's the Switch, which just isn't as powerful... but for it being for Switch, it actually looks very impressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    You might wanna look up where the game releases. It's not next gen or PC, it's the Switch, which just isn't as powerful... but for it being for Switch, it actually looks very impressive
    Did you even read my post? I literally said "its a Switch game and Switch isn't as powerful as the systems MHW is available on."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

So apparently Rise and Stories 2 are coming to PC. Capcom already confirmed the leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    So apparently Rise and Stories 2 are coming to PC. Capcom already confirmed the leak.
    Sweet hopefully they have finally realized they can make a lot off of pc and keep puting games on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Oooooooooh fuuuuuck. That's sick.
    I was a bit sad that I'd have to play it on the Switch, getting it on PC sounds awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still likely going to play Stories on Switch. Playing a turn based RPG on a PC just seems weird. Sucks that Rise is a timed exclusive. I'll likely have to buy it on Switch at launch and then later on PC where most of my friends are. Not really looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Still likely going to play Stories on Switch. Playing a turn based RPG on a PC just seems weird. Sucks that Rise is a timed exclusive. I'll likely have to buy it on Switch at launch and then later on PC where most of my friends are. Not really looking forward to that.
    Why does it seem weird tho? Currently playing Yakuza and it just feels... like nothing is missing or anything. Persona 4, Dragon Quest 11, Nexomon, World of Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Temtem, Octopath, all feel the same to me on PC. And atleast for Persona 4 and Octopath i have direct comparisons with having played them on PS2 (without the Golden) and atleast he demo of Octopath.
    Always just played a game wherever i had the platform for, but prefered PC, because i can just plug in a controller afterall

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Same. I like World a lot but sitting on your arse alone dealing with silent internet randos or at very best friends over voice chat can never compete with the post jump to PSP and later 3DS monhun experience of playing in the same room with friends. For that alone i'm still sticking to the switch version over PC. Sitting at my desk alone is just about the antithesis to everything great about the unique selling point of monster hunter.

I mean the one reason it ever become more than a niche experiment in online for the PS2 was because of that "i've got 15 minutes on my break lets get together and do a hunt" appeal in japan and thats what sold a lot of people i know back in the day when Freedom Unite dropped over the modern "i just need something to grind out" gaas mentality World seemed to target instead.

If they rewarded people more for answering signal flares they could pull tons of people in. They need to rethink how people are reward for helping people with older content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Why does it seem weird tho? Currently playing Yakuza and it just feels... like nothing is missing or anything. Persona 4, Dragon Quest 11, Nexomon, World of Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Temtem, Octopath, all feel the same to me on PC. And atleast for Persona 4 and Octopath i have direct comparisons with having played them on PS2 (without the Golden) and atleast he demo of Octopath.
    Always just played a game wherever i had the platform for, but prefered PC, because i can just plug in a controller afterall
    It's purely a subjective thing. I grew up playing turn based RPGs like Pokemon on handhelds, so I'd rather play them there. I also work on my PC all day, so I'm not too keen to continue sitting at my desk when I get off work.