Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The first season was hot garbage. They just tried to remake the original UK version almost word for word and it did not work at all. It is actually amazing it even got a second season. After that, they took the same premise but went in their own direction and it works way better. If you are interested at all, give it another go and just start with season two. You may like it more.
    Yeah, they softened Steve Carrell's character considerably in s2 and beyond.

In s1, they tried to make him like Ricky Jervais's character, a mean, small, vindictive asshole who had his own fiefdom that was The Office and everyone just had to put up with it. Which was unpalatable for American audiences because fuck, our work places are already like that. My conjecture is in the UK that a character like Ricky Gervais's wouldn't be tolerated because of the infamous British politeness, so seeing it on TV is fucking hilarious to think of. From s2, Michael Scott is a loveable idiot who truly has the best intentions but is so goddamn stupid it always blows up in his face, and his workers are more like the disappointed parents always cleaning up after him. Dwight became the character with the sinister undertones, but even that was cut with more character than Ricky Gervais's boss character ever had.

Hmf...I just realized that "The Librarians" hsd four seasons.
    After gagging through the first episode of the first season, then attempting the 2nd episode and had to shut it off after 10mins, I had to conclude that it's aimed at a pre-Sesame Street demographic.
    Four seasons? Omg...

Movies should be light intertainment and any sort of award show should reflect that.

Meaning award shows should be filled with MCU movies, Witcher series and stuff like that.

The winner of the best movie at the Oscars is usually a sign that its not worth seeing.

Movie/tv critiques are the worst qualified for their respective lines of work in the world.

I dont know if this is unpopular or just contoversial so i'l try to be on the downlow with it:

I dont want to see any more female reeshoots of popular movies with male leads. Make new IP's for great female actors and show them the respect they deserve.

I havent seen a single movie starring VinDiesel that was worth seeing besides perhaps the first F&F

On that topic i dont understand why they made more then two of those or why they went away from the original concept. The modern versions of those movies are useless.

I loved the old(4-6) star wars movies but they dont stand the test of time. They arent worth watching today.

Johnny Depp is overrated. Also he seems like a weird dude. Just... weird.

Harrison Ford isnt that great of an actor. He just landed some roles that fit his persona really well and he had the right looks. He should be more gratefull towards star wars.

I dont understand what the deal with George Clooney is. I dont think i've ever really seen him act.

eeeeeeh aaand rogue one is the worst star wars movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    SNIP
    I respect your opinion but this is kind of a paradox:

Game of Thrones is overrated to high heavens
    I don't plan on ever watching GoT
    Edit:

Also something to add.

If Bond isnt allowed to be a womanizer and a bit of a scumbag anymore they should just stop making them.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-09-26 at 07:52 PM.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

I disliked Friends immensely and Saved by the Bell and Gilmore Girls.. and, and Indiana jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was not as horrid as everyone made it out to be. Not the best one out of the franchise but still it got a lot crap.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-09-27 at 03:42 AM.

Time to Rustle some jimmies.

All Sitcoms are terrible.

Game of Thrones isn't good

Joker is overrated

Lord of the Rings is boring trash.

Heath Ledger's Joker was terrible

Idris Elba should be the next James Bond.

Miles Morales is the superior Spiderman(Don't know if this is unpopular or not, but stating it anyways.)

Garry Chalk is a better Optimus Prime than Peter Cullen

David Kaye is a better Megatron than Frank Welker.

The next Green Lantern Movie should be Jon Stewart and not Hal Jordan.

Spongebob was never good

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Harry Potter movies are horrible.

Fist movie came out around the same time of LotR.
    LotR was/is awsome and brutal (trowing a torch in the face, decapitated orcs and the feels when Gandalf fell). Harry then felt like some kid movie with some really cringy acting. So i never liked them to start with.

My wife (then gf) did like them, so i kinda had to watch them all. And some plots don't make sense. Some stories and things where suddenly there without explanation or back story. Not to mention Harry is a massive Gary Stu..
    Last edited by Phyrexia-KulTiras; 2020-09-27 at 04:57 AM.

Most television is boring, unfunny, banal, and predictably formulaic.
    Movies are even more so, the recent super hero movies going into dumbed-down versions of comic book arcs and acting like the directors and writers are actually fucking doing anything but reading from an illustrated script.
    And frankly I'm happy the entertainment industry is dying, it's needed a market-purge for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Straight, white cos-gendered male here that quote enjoys all the super-woke CW superhero shows.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dislike for Big Bang Theory, can be described by an image of one of *the characters projectile vomiting unto a child with a laugh track in the background.*

The people watching it are saturated with that lowbrow vomit.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The first season was hot garbage. They just tried to remake the original UK version almost word for word and it did not work at all. It is actually amazing it even got a second season. After that, they took the same premise but went in their own direction and it works way better. If you are interested at all, give it another go and just start with season two. You may like it more.
    A few people have said that to me (that its much better from S2 on)... I'll probably give it another look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    My dislike for Big Bang Theory, can be described by an image of one of *the characters projectile vomiting unto a child with a laugh track in the background.*

The people watching it are saturated with that lowbrow vomit.
    I enjoyed the first few seasons, after that I pretty much hated it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost IQ points for watching Friends , Big Bang Theory and Seinfeld. could not stand all 3 of thoses.

I fully expect to be in the minority but I loved Lost all the way through and the finale is up there among my top3 favorite episodes of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexia-KulTiras View Post
    Harry Potter movies are horrible.

Fist movie came out around the same time of LotR.
    LotR was/is awsome and brutal (trowing a torch in the face, decapitated orcs and the feels when Gandalf fell). Harry then felt like some kid movie with some really cringy acting. So i never liked them to start with.
    Considering the nature of the thread I haven't really questioned opinions...I mean that's what they are...
    But that Harry Potter movie was based upon an 11yr old child going to a school of magic with other children...a book that millions of children read. So why wouldn't you have already known that it was going to be just that; a movie for children to enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I think ALL the Star Wars movies suck, including the originals.

I don't hate the Matrix sequels, even if they don't compare to the first.
    I like all the matrix movies. I think the second and third have interesting concepts and symbolism, and the mechanics and powers are, if not always well defined, at least consistent enough to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Considering the nature of the thread I haven't really questioned opinions...I mean that's what they are...
    But that Harry Potter movie was based upon an 11yr old child going to a school of magic with other children...a book that millions of children read. So why wouldn't you have already known that it was going to be just that; a movie for children to enjoy?
    As a massive fans of the original books, I can somewhat see what he means. The first two films felt like they were made by accountants. There was no real authenticity to the characters, who felt they were just recreating scenes from the book instead of adapting the book into a different medium. The films got steadily better in this regard as they went on by being adaptations with far better production value. But then they got lazy and literally took an opposite approach, by condensing the stories into rush jobs and straight up dropping key subplots. All in all I didn't really care for the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    As a massive fans of the original books, I can somewhat see what he means. The first two films felt like they were made by accountants. There was no real authenticity to the characters, who felt they were just recreating scenes from the book instead of adapting the book into a different medium. The films got steadily better in this regard as they went on by being adaptations with far better production value. But then they got lazy and literally took an opposite approach, by condensing the stories into rush jobs and straight up dropping key subplots. All in all I didn't really care for the films.
    Ya...I've heard that criticism on Chris Columbus and his first two movies...basically putting the books on a different medium. And got some overlong movies as a result. (And Columbus did say he'd have broken down the "Goblet of Fire" into two movies).
    But wanting a rush job doesn't make sense in that regard. I mean did you think the books were too long? If so, then I guess that it does indeed make sense.
    How I see it is either you want the books in a different medium, or you want changes. Considering how things went movie-wise for "Order of Phoenix" and even worse for "Half-blood Prince when they made changes...the latter inspired my own venomous criticism, I would've benn more happy with Columbus' own scene-for-scene translation, even if it made a 3hr movie.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I think the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was absolutely horrible.
    you made me sad

Black mirror had a couple of good ideas and that was it, most of them even then were poorly executed.

Anchorman isn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ya...I've heard that criticism on Chris Columbus and his first two movies...basically putting the books on a different medium. And got some overlong movies as a result. (And Columbus did say he'd have broken down the "Goblet of Fire" into two movies).
    But wanting a rush job doesn't make sense in that regard. I mean did you think the books were too long? If so, then I guess that it does indeed make sense.
    How I see it is either you want the books in a different medium, or you want changes. Considering how things went movie-wise for "Order of Phoenix" and even worse for "Half-blood Prince when they made changes...the latter inspired my own venomous criticism, I would've benn more happy with Columbus' own scene-for-scene translation, even if it made a 3hr movie.
    Yeah, rush job on the latter books in as much as they were long books that got made into these 2 hour sizzle reels. As much as I would've not wanted more Columbus films, two films per book would've done me fine. Half Blood Prince is my favourite novel, and they just butchered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I think ALL the Star Wars movies suck, including the originals.

I don't hate the Matrix sequels, even if they don't compare to the first.
    The only good Star Wars movies is Rogue One. That's it.