Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

https://hexus.net/tech/tech-explaine...processor-igp/

??

Is this new to you?

My first laptop didnt have a seperate graphics card. I was working with 8mb of onboard memory for graphics
    Most intel CPUs and some Ryzen CPUs (the APUs to be precise) have an iGPU in them.

No modern consumer motherboard has a GPU.

You also seem to think that laptops have CPU sockets and not soldered on processors which is also just wrong

You said that intel advertises that the i3 line is designed for mobile devices (I assume you mean laptops because to my knowledge no mobile device uses an intel CPU) but that also isn't true.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-....446651.0.html

Look at this article specifically this part

"On one particular slide, they claimed that the i3 9350K was faster than the entire Ryzen 5 3xxx product stack at gaming, office work, content creation, and other uses."

Clearly intel thinks i3s are designed for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Most intel CPUs and some Ryzen CPUs (the APUs to be precise) have an iGPU in them.

No modern consumer motherboard has a GPU.

You also seem to think that laptops have CPU sockets and not soldered on processors which is also just wrong

You said that intel advertises that the i3 line is designed for mobile devices (I assume you mean laptops because to my knowledge no mobile device uses an intel CPU) but that also isn't true.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-....446651.0.html

Look at this article specifically this part

"On one particular slide, they claimed that the i3 9350K was faster than the entire Ryzen 5 3xxx product stack at gaming, office work, content creation, and other uses."

Clearly intel thinks i3s are designed for gaming.
    I'm not talking about an actual gpu. I'm simply talking about borrowing memory from other parts of the system because you dont have an gpu to do the graphics processing.

Thats called integrated graphics. You can look it up if you feel like it.

And no, they dont think the i3 is for gaming on a pc. It can be used for it, but thats not what the line is made for

Edit.

I'm not sure why i told you that you could look it up, i literally already linked you an article to help educate you.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-09-27 at 10:43 AM.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

15+ Year Old Account
    Its almost as if old, popular games get updated to try and somewhat keep up with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    It's not graphically intensive. It's CPU intensive, which is why even with high end cards, frame rates can still be shitty. The upgrades they have done over the years has improved it, but at the end of the day, the engine is an old piece of garbage that is massively holding the game back in 2020.

I can't see that ever changing.

I'm not talking about an actual gpu. I'm simply talking about borrowing memory from other parts of the system because you dont have an gpu to do the graphics processing.

Thats called integrated graphics. You can look it up if you feel like it.

And no, they dont think the i3 is for gaming on a pc. It can be used for it, but thats not what the line is made for

Edit.

I'm not sure why i told you that you could look it up, i literally already linked you an article to help educate you.
    The article that you linked is from 2009 and literally states that motherboard graphics will be phased out by 2012. Are you some boomer living in the past trying to argue that technology never changed?

This is why games have slider settings. WoW has half decent graphics still, even being as old as it is, thanks to updates, but those effects are optional.

Even at max settings at 1440p the game runs at 60+ FPS on my 8 year old PC.

OP doesnt know anything about computers lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The article that you linked is from 2009 and literally states that motherboard graphics will be phased out by 2012. Are you some boomer living in the past trying to argue that technology never changed?
    HAHA. Talk about being oblivious. My original comment on the matter WAS a reflection on how we arent using on board memory to power our graphics anymore because we all have graphics cards.

You are so far out now that you dont even know how the conversation originated :P

the fact they adding ray traceing finally gives me a reason to upgrade my 3d card mine is very old now anyways can't wait to replace it soon!

SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    Wow is not graphic-intensive. You can play it with outdated processors and even more outdated graphic cards just fine. If you can't afford to upgrade your pc every 5-6 years, you got more serious problems than wow.

HAHA. Talk about being oblivious. My original comment on the matter WAS a reflection on how we arent using on board memory to power our graphics anymore because we all have graphics cards.

You are so far out now that you dont even know how the conversation originated :P
    I havent at any point said that you couldnt run games with a tenth gen i3. Just like the integrated graphics of most MB's today are enough to run a lot of games. Thats not really what they are made for tho.
    Can you please direct me to where I can find the integrated graphics on my motherboard? I'm having trouble locating it.

I can't believe you're out here trying to tell people they're wrong about CPUs while claiming MBs have an iGPU

??

Is this new to you?

My first laptop didnt have a seperate graphics card. I was working with 8mb of onboard memory for graphics
    Pretty sure you were arguing that current motherboards have integreated graphics and then provided proof from 2009 article that stated that integrated graphics are going to be phased out. This just proves that you literally have no idea about the current tech and you are just piggypagging arguments from something you learned 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Its almost as if old, popular games get updated to try and somewhat keep up with the times.
    Old engines/games tend to scale bad with modern technology. If WoW was made from scratch right now and copy the same graphics they are currently using, it would perform way better because the engine is just so dated. At some point they will probably need to remake WoW because the engine is too bad and will just not scale good enough to be played with low mainstream hardware. I give it 5-6 years until WoWs minimum speccs will be too high to run on most low/mid-end PCs and they would lose too many customers and that will warrant a new engine to be implemented. World of Tanks also did this step because BigWorld Engine would just not scale well anymore. WG then released their new engine and users with old PCs gained more FPS and had a prettier game. The same will happen with WoW at some point, it's inevitable. Kudos to the WoW Dev team for even having the skill to still being able to deliver humble speccs for such a dated and shitty engine (by todays standards).
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-09-27 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Running around in a starting zone by yourself with all of the graphics turned to low is fine, but when you're in a raid of 20+ people or in a BG with 40+ people the CPU load changes and you need to have a better system to handle the game properly.

WoW isn't normally as GPU intensive as it is CPU intensive

You basically should always cap your fps at 60 if you're running integrated GPU and make sure to turn off stuff you don't need (some shadows etc effects)

Do you need to spent 700$ on a new 3080 from nvidia to run wow.. Hell Nah

Should you set your expectations where they should be on a game with expansion by expansion upgraded engine/graphics/detail: yes

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Pretty sure you were arguing that current motherboards have integreated graphics and then provided proof from 2009 article that stated that integrated graphics are going to be phased out. This just proves that you literally have no idea about the current tech and you are just piggypagging arguments from something you learned 10 years ago.
    You can still borrow the the memory form your MB's and INTEGRATE it if you dont have a graphics card but noont really does it because everyone has a graphics card. The part thats not there any more is the IGPU's.

And no. My original comment was on how we literally dont use it anymore.

Its so sad that you guys keep coming at me and keep being wrong. I dont understand why you would keep doing that.

Its like watching a Terrence Hill/Bud Spencer western

You can still borrow the the memory form your MB's and INTEGRATE it if you dont have a graphics card but noont really does it because everyone has a graphics card. The part thats not there any more is the IGPU's.

Its so sad that you guys keep coming at me and keep being wrong. I dont understand why you would keep doing that.

Because most of your arguments have just been "no its not like that". You have stated multiple times that intel specifically manufactures i3 chips for mobiles. And you still dont believe i3->i9 is actually the same silicon chip. Its hilarious that someone so clueless thinks he is right.

You don't borrow memory from your motherboard to produce graphics. Memory doesn't produce graphics it stores data.

A iGPU in an intel processor or a Ryzen APU will borrow memory from your RAM but that's not from your motherboard its from your RAM.

iGPUs are still there today. A 10600k which is arguably the best gaming CPU to buy today price/performance has an iGPU.

I'm 99% convinced you're a troll at this point but please keep responding this is fun.

You don't borrow memory from your motherboard to produce graphics. Memory doesn't produce graphics it stores data.

A iGPU in an intel processor or a Ryzen APU will borrow memory from your RAM but that's not from your motherboard its from your RAM.

iGPUs are still there today. A 10600k which is arguably the best gaming CPU to buy today price/performance has an iGPU.

I'm 99% convinced you're a troll at this point but please keep responding this is fun.

As opposed to you and your alt account i have proof.

I'm done tho. I've proven you wrong so many times but at some point you just have to accept that some people are y2k and fact resistent.

Its kinda boring when the only oposition you get is "NO. I know its like this. You need education!" and then goes away while their standin takes a beating for the next couple of messages. :/

Minimum specs don't honestly mean you can't run this game if you don't have these things but more we can't guarantee you won't have issues playing and if you do, it's on you to sort it, not us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    HAHAHAHA...

As if, I would ever touch anything connected to crypto currency, with a remote controlled 10 foot pole..
    That was the point I think, cryptomining will eat your up your GPU. Malware that hijacks your GPU to cryptomine has been around for a while, they're suggesting you check for malware in case that is an issue since it is a bit unusual for GPU to be more taxed than CPU when it comes to WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    i3's aren't old CPU's. There are brand new ones released in 2020...
    Yeah for people who browse facebook, not for gamers. Use the right tools for the job. i3 is not the right tool for gaming in this day and age.