Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are the Void elves still considered mortals?

So that same rule that we established in Legion for a being of an influence goes back if it’s killed in the mortal realm or some other realm, it goes back to it’s home realm, it’s home plane. That’s true for demons and that’s true for other forces as well.

Those cases are the exception rather than the rule. So if you destroyed a being of the Light, it would go back to the realm of Light and to really destroy it, you would have to go to the realm of Light and destroy it there.
    Following this quote from a recent interview, we can say that Void elves have been biologically altered at a cellular level by the Void, thus if they died they would not actually go to the Shadowlands with the other mortals, but to the Void. This phenomenon has been compared by Blizzard to the demons returning to the Nether upon dying, and as we all know the demons were not mortal creatures and actually looked down on mortals. The same thing applies to the Old Gods and their faceless minions.

So then is it fair to assume that the void elves have been elevated to the status of immortality? And by that I don't mean a fake immortality like the one the night elves had, which was basically just eternal youth (indeed death still sent them to the Shadowlands with the other mortal masses). By immortality, I mean the supreme immortality that the demons have, that the Old Gods have, that the naaru have, and that every other cosmic-based being has. This must be especially true for Alleria Windrunner, a special void elf who actually merged with the essence of a dark naaru, thus ascending to a higher form.

So then if the game were to reflect the lore more accurately, would my void elf character return to the Void upon dying, instead of going to the ghost version of Azeroth that every other race goes through?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Abominations can be considered mortal, sure.

Of course, if you don't have an actual method by which you can return from the void, the nonsense you're talking about here doesn't matter, and is irrelevant regardless as all PCs are inexplicably immortal anyhow. DH's are the only PCs who have had this aknowledged in-character, with Illidan commenting on a DH PC dying during their introduction zone. But they did not actually go to the nether at the time, and they certainly weren't revived by Argus—so what exactly is the canon for dead DH PCs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This must be especially true for Alleria Windrunner, a special void elf who actually merged with the essence of a dark naaru, thus ascending to a higher form.
    Serious question: what is it with you and this endless worship of a character who thus far has had all of 15 minutes of meaningful development in WoW? Is this some kind of weird forum RPing, or a legitimate obsession?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Following this quote from a recent interview, we can say that Void elves have been biologically altered at a cellular level by the Void, thus if they died they would not actually go to the Shadowlands with the other mortals, but to the Void. This phenomenon has been compared by Blizzard to the demons returning to the Nether upon dying, and as we all know the demons were not mortal creatures and actually looked down on mortals. The same thing applies to the Old Gods and their faceless minions.

So then is it fair to assume that the void elves have been elevated to the status of immortality? And by that I don't mean a fake immortality like the one the night elves had, which was basically just eternal youth (indeed death still sent them to the Shadowlands with the other mortal masses). By immortality, I mean the supreme immortality that the demons have, that the Old Gods have, that the naaru have, and that every other cosmic-based being has. This must be especially true for Alleria Windrunner, a special void elf who actually merged with the essence of a dark naaru, thus ascending to a higher form.

So then if the game were to reflect the lore more accurately, would my void elf character return to the Void upon dying, instead of going to the ghost version of Azeroth that every other race goes through?
    Demon Hunters also go to the Nether, similiar to Illidan ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Serious question: what is it with you and this endless worship of a character who thus far has had all of 15 minutes of meaningful development in WoW? Is this some kind of weird forum RPing, or a legitimate obsession?
    Most likely just a shitposting.

I share the same. It's because people who like the philosophy of the Void have Alleria as the sole mortal representative. It's neither RP nor obsession, it's just a niche taste. Hopefully we will get more development on the Void soon.

Void elfs did not ascend to any sort of status beyond mortality. being infused with the void magic at a physiological level certainly did " enhance " them but to assume they are now immortal is a bit of a stretch. they are still mortal elves. Mortal elves that can call upon the Void (shadow magic) at will regardless of their chosen path (like becoming a priest/shadow priest)

this all being said, it's just assumptions. But assumptions based on what is developed. Until the Void as a cosmic force is more fleshed out as well as the Void Elfs being more fleshed out, we can only speculate. but still unlikely void elfs are immortal.

Technically speaking yes, a Void Elf character experiencing "final death" would go to the Void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    Void elfs did not ascend to any sort of status beyond mortality. being infused with the void magic at a physiological level certainly did " enhance " them but to assume they are now immortal is a bit of a stretch. they are still mortal elves. Mortal elves that can call upon the Void (shadow magic) at will regardless of their chosen path (like becoming a priest/shadow priest)

this all being said, it's just assumptions. But assumptions based on what is developed. Until the Void as a cosmic force is more fleshed out as well as the Void Elfs being more fleshed out, we can only speculate. but still unlikely void elfs are immortal.
    True. Void Elves are Void-touched, not immortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Abominations can be considered mortal, sure.
    That's not really an objective lore term. More like something a Light-following blockhead would say.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure the High elves and the other sub races of their kind (You know. Blood elves, Void elves.) Didn't have immortality. Unless the Sunwell gave it to them which wouldn't surprise me. They just lived for a very long time. I could totally be wrong. But even if they were Immortal once, they likely aren't now. It's kinda the same situation with the Night Elves. They are considered Mortal. They just live a very long time.. I think I've fucked the answer to this question.

If Blood Elves don't go to The Twisting Nether after sucking Fel through a straw, I don't see why Void Elves would go to The Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If Blood Elves don't go to The Twisting Nether after sucking Fel through a straw, I don't see why Void Elves would go to The Void.
    Here is the thing though. Blood Elves are not "Fel Blood Elves" like those in the Sunwell raid and Shadowmoon Valley. Void Elves on the other hand are Void Infused to the point "Fel Blood Elves" were Fel Infused.

Basically Void Elves were saved the fate of turning Ethereal, same way Fel Blood Elves aren't full Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Actually no blood elves are NOTHING like void elves. Blood elves are normal, generic elves, meanwhile void elves have been biologically altered by the Void. They are no longer truly elves, if you play their intro questline you know that they were almost turned into ethereals, but the transformation was stopped mid-way. Regardless, they are more unique than blood elves.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Errr, void has nothing to do with the Twisting Nether, does it? So void elves would be as mortal as any other elf after the shattering, no?

7+ Year Old Account
    There're just corrupted elves. Same as all the other elves that suck on dark powers.

Actually no blood elves are NOTHING like void elves. Blood elves are normal, generic elves, meanwhile void elves have been biologically altered by the Void. They are no longer truly elves, if you play their intro questline you know that they were almost turned into ethereals, but the transformation was stopped mid-way. Regardless, they are more unique than blood elves.
    so they are half-blood elves half-ethereals
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    so they are half-blood elves half-ethereals
    The same way Illidan was an half elf-half demon mongrel. However his soul was connected to the Nether like full-blown demons, so it should be the same thing for Ren'dorei and the Void, no?

The same way Illidan was an half elf-half demon mongrel. However his soul was connected to the Nether like full-blown demons, so it should be the same thing for Ren'dorei and the Void, no?
    Yeah I agree. However I would love having some other options to choose from. Like... some parts of their original elven body being just energy. I mean I love ethereals.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Why? We don't know. But what kind of answer are you looking for here, are you expecting Danuser to be browsing MMOC and posting to confirm your headcanon?

well I thought it was re-established that Illidan was no longer a half-elf/half-demon and instead a full blown demon as to explain his soul in the Twisting Nether.
    But even so, that would not explain demon hunters whose souls also went to the Twisting Nether upon death as explained in the demon hunter intro experience... so maybe you just need " enough " of the fel/demonic component for your soul to go back to the Twisting Nether upon death -- as you need to die with just enough Fel saturation around in order to die permanently if you aren't inside of the Twisting Nether itself.

so by that logic would could assume the void elf souls could go to the Void upon death, I guess? Interesting.

i suppose the lack of elaboration on Blizzard's part puts this up in the air. Too much speculation.
    Last edited by CheckThyself; 2020-09-27 at 02:23 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    let him be, I see nothing wrong with it imo
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.